Crucifixion with ballet boots

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
darkfox

Crucifixion with ballet boots

Post by darkfox »

Just an idea to explore, nothing specific yet.

The idea of crucifixion is that holding your weight by your arms fixed to the cross is painful. You can support the weight with your legs, usually fixed to the beam vertically to make it harder, or stepping on tilted slope. But if you are wearing ballet boots, the legs may reach the ground. Relieving the pain in your arms is then painful in your toes.

So there you have a nice predicament. Even tying your legs is not necessary.

Is this a possible way to reenact a crucifixion in selfbondage? Dunno...
Bondage begins when you start wanting out...
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Crucifixion with ballet boots

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

If you used mag-lock cuffs on the wrists, I suppose it could be done. For a back up release, maybe an ice lock on the wrist straps.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Re: Crucifixion with ballet boots

Post by Kinbaku »

Is it not too dangerous for selfbondage when you faint?

Possible causes of death (from wikipedia): cardiac rupture, heart failure, hypovolemic shock, acidosis, asphyxia, arrhythmia, and pulmonary embolism. Death could result from any combination of those factors or from other causes, A theory attributed to Pierre Barbet holds that, when the whole body weight was supported by the stretched arms, the typical cause of death was asphyxiation. He wrote that the condemned would have severe difficulty inhaling, due to hyper-expansion of the chest muscles and lungs. The condemned would therefore have to draw himself up by the arms, leading to exhaustion, or have his feet supported by tying or by a wood block. When no longer able to lift himself, the condemned would die within a few minutes.

See also on Boundanna: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8748&start=15#p86825

When I was testing on a predicament I would like to do and tied my waist to the 4 corners in the room so I have to stand in the middle of the room without support. Normally I can stand for more than 48 hours, but this time after 10 minutes I fainted. Possibly eaten too greasy, slept too bad the previous night or a mild flu that comes on, I don't know. Fortunately my hands were not tied and I was able to free myself immediately. In the case of crucifixion and fainting and therefore no longer supporting the legs, this means death.

I am not a doctor but better to stay alive than to make a mistake.