How a blindfold changes things

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
riftcopy

How a blindfold changes things

Post by riftcopy »

I've been doing sb for years but only recently thought to add a blindfold and earplugs.

I was taken by surprise by how much slower time seemed to pass. Anyone else notice this?
lj

Re: How a blindfold changes things

Post by lj »

Not only that, but other senses become more sensitive - probably the result of limiting sensory input on one or more channels, reducing the "noise" the brain has to process. You also lose some of the cues that allow your brain to estimate the passing of time.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, riftcopy
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
riftcopy

Post by riftcopy »

Hi Shannon, thanks. Yeah it definitely enhanced my other senses, especially tactile.

I had set a release timer for 45 mins and with a blindfold I was convinced 70 mins had passed, and that my primary release had failed. I was waiting for my backup when the primary "finally" worked, and I was surprised to see in fact only 45 mins had passed.

I bought some combined headphone earplugs that I'm excited to try out next time, to see whether 1. music / erotic tracks or 2. silence is better when combined with a blindfold.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

riftcopy wrote:Hi Shannon, thanks. Yeah it definitely enhanced my other senses, especially tactile.

I had set a release timer for 45 mins and with a blindfold I was convinced 70 mins had passed, and that my primary release had failed. I was waiting for my backup when the primary "finally" worked, and I was surprised to see in fact only 45 mins had passed.

I bought some combined headphone earplugs that I'm excited to try out next time, to see whether 1. music / erotic tracks or 2. silence is better when combined with a blindfold.

Hi riftcopy,

I frequently use bluetooth headphones underneath a blindfold in SB sessions.
For me it's background noise that works best. I've created a track of roughly 2 hours consisting of pink noise (pretty much constant over the whole time), background noise from a pedestriants zone (an mp3-file I could download somewhere, can't remember where, though), random traffic noise (same source) plus some street cafe noise (again same source).
Try to find soundfiles that are ideally as long as you can get them. Then layer them, preferrably in a random time pattern (I've used Cubase to do that, but e.g. Audacity would have worked equally fine and comes for free iirc).

Maybe this helps?

Best of luck,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

:hi: Welcome to the forum riftcopy.
riftcopy wrote:Yeah it definitely enhanced my other senses, especially tactile.I had set a release timer for 45 mins and with a blindfold I was convinced 70 mins had passed, and that my primary release had failed. I was waiting for my backup when the primary "finally" worked, and I was surprised to see in fact only 45 mins had passed.
I have found waiting blindfolded and with restricted hearing makes me feel the helplessness more intensely, as well as time seeming to pass more slowly :!:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

I have always used a blindfold. So much easier to fantasize. Also, some simple foam earplugs add to the sensory deprivation. Easier to believe you are in another world when you can neither hear nor see anything familiar.
Enjoy