Trouble with code locks

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
TicleMeEndless

Trouble with code locks

Post by TicleMeEndless »

Shortly: code locks not works. They are too easy to open even with blindfold. I just feel the feedback with fingers and can easily catch the moment when the wheel with numbers is in the right position. It takes too little time for make this a game, just one or two minutes. Do you know any ways to block tactile feedback? I really wanted to play blind bruteforce, but because it I can't...
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
Keyless

Re: Trouble with code locks

Post by Keyless »

I know what you mean. I once bought an expensive padlock, only to find I could open it in a few seconds by the feel method. It's called "manipulation" by the way. I think you want to use the "try every combination" release method. I have had combination locks where I have lost the combination and could not open them by feel. Trying every combination proved more difficult than I thought because it was too easy to move wheels by accident whilst moving others. Blindfold, you might not even know you have moved wheels by accident.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

What brand of lock is this? I have several Master Luggage locks, but never tried to cheat to get the code. Might have to try
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

Brand? Hmm... Idk... I tried a rope lock for bicycle with 4 digits, padlock with 4 knobs. This is not a brand problem. This is a problem of principle of action. Just because all gapses between parts can't be ideal equals. It means i can feel any wheel when try to spin it. And if lock bolt presses the wheel, i can feel a click of open. Mechanical solution of this problem is a changing construction of padlock. May be something blocking spinning of wheels when lock bolt preses the wheels. Then wheels spining will be avalible only when lock bolt relaxed and don't touch wheels. But it so hard task. I disassembled my padlock and tried to restore a blueprints of mechanism and i felt it so difficult.
About accidently spinning of wheels. May be add a gears and springed pins to wheels, like a ratchet mechanism for exactly feeling a clicks when spinning? My knobs have a 6 positions. For totally check all combinations will needs 20-30 mins. Too small time. This is a trouble too.
Yea, looks like this is a lot of work. There's something to ponder.

So, meanwhile, may be there ways without changing mechanics? May be pantyhoses, tape for fingers, vibration, or something another? Something what lowering sensetivity but allow to operate with digit wheels.
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

latex fist mitts do wonders for requiring vision to see what wheel your moving. i suggest trying masterlock 175 combo lock. it requires the shackle to be pressed down once to open once the correct combo is dialed in. you can spin the wheels all you want, but you wont be able to tell when its in the correct position without feeling for the number with your fingernails or actually seeing the lock. you can use gloves to eliminate the possibility of feeling the numbers with your nails, and if you get this lock and expect to be able to brute force it with gloves on, then plan to be stuck until morning. :twisted:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Could you fill the number impressions with RTV silicone sealer glue? Just skim off the excess to smooth it out. I would do just 3 sets of numbers at a time though, so the glue doesn't get into the mechanism.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Could you fill the number impressions with RTV silicone sealer glue? Just skim off the excess to smooth it out. I would do just 3 sets of numbers at a time though, so the glue doesn't get into the mechanism.
not a bad idea! but i think i would modify it a bit and use a quick setting clear epoxy. might still be able to squish the rtv and cheat. :wink:
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
sweh

Post by sweh »

Maybe use a "speed dial" lock? https://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/1500iD

In these you have to move the lock button in directions (eg up-up-left-right-down-down-right-up).

Now you can map those to numbers (e.g. 1, 5, 9 ==up; 2,6, 0 ==right, 3, 7 ==down, 4, 8 == left) and generate a random 10 digit number. Write it down and put the paper where you can see it when it's light.

It'll be a challenge to pick that lock in the dark!
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

TNTBound wrote:latex fist mitts do wonders for requiring vision to see what wheel your moving. i suggest trying masterlock 175 combo lock. it requires the shackle to be pressed down once to open once the correct combo is dialed in. you can spin the wheels all you want, but you wont be able to tell when its in the correct position without feeling for the number with your fingernails or actually seeing the lock. you can use gloves to eliminate the possibility of feeling the numbers with your nails, and if you get this lock and expect to be able to brute force it with gloves on, then plan to be stuck until morning. :twisted:
Open padlock with fists? It's possible? I guess, it requires two fingers. But you gave me a some idea. What if code wheels not avalible to touch? And then i must press a button for rotate a wheel for one click. Number shows in small window.
UPD: but i guess, it will not protect from cheat with a stretched lock bolt.
sweh wrote:Maybe use a "speed dial" lock? https://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/1500iD

In these you have to move the lock button in directions (eg up-up-left-right-down-down-right-up).

Now you can map those to numbers (e.g. 1, 5, 9 ==up; 2,6, 0 ==right, 3, 7 ==down, 4, 8 == left) and generate a random 10 digit number. Write it down and put the paper where you can see it when it's light.

It'll be a challenge to pick that lock in the dark!
Ok, it will work only if i can forget a code. Else i'ts easy to memorize a digits on padlock, and then i can deal known right code being blindfolded - blind dealing is an idea of this lock.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

the latex still lets you have enough movement of your fingers to manipulate the wheels of a combo lock. i would not recommend this setup if you only have one hand available for the lock, like in a spread eagle position, but it works well with your hands locked together.
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

It must be only latex, Important. OK...