Ice Lock Fram Oil Filter

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
trepxe

Ice Lock Fram Oil Filter

Post by trepxe »

I bought the wrong size Fram Oil Filter. I also had a wooden rod not being used. I drilled a bunch of wholes through the end of the wooden rod, dropped it into the Oil Filter with water, and froze it. The inside of the Oil Filter has a channel so the wood can't snag on anything, plus its smooth so it wouldn't anyway. And the holes in the end of the rod act as the locking mechanism. A lot of the water/ice is in the mesh and will take a long time to melt. This would make for a great long, safe, reliable, ice release. I just tested the strength and I can't get it to budge at all. Next I need to set it up with a timer and figure out how long it will take to melt. Its a big oil filter, but you could easily buy a smaller one. The best part? All in all, it was 10 bucks. I'll take photos later and try to remember to upload them.
Riddle

Re: Ice Lock Fram Oil Filter

Post by Riddle »

Thank you for the suggestion. This is my favorite ice lock design.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
BDSMandStuff

Post by BDSMandStuff »

That's a good idea. I'm a car guy myself and easily see what you mean. I've found the premade ones on ebay they sell between 40-50 $ but then when you go to amazon there was one listed for over 100$!! That's a lot of money for two small pieces of metal. I like this idea, is there any other items that come to mind that share the same workings ? I've thought about making my own but don't really know what to pick up. I'm sure Home depot carries some small cylinder shaped object that can be made to hold water and have a release pin run through it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

4610, 4612, and 4615 are probably the smallest filters by number, 4670 and 4631 are likely the biggest for petrol engines. 195 is a longer one. These are based on the Purolator oil filter catalogue.
Drilling into the end of a filter and inserting an eyelet bolt into it, and securing with a washer and nut from inside could make a sturdy attachment point. Would a wooden rod be able to swell and get stuck? What if the rod were aluminum?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:... Would a wooden rod be able to swell and get stuck? What if the rod were aluminum?
Wood will swell, yes. Whether it will get stuck or not should be tried before actually using the system. There are too many variables involved to predict the outcome safely.
I'd recommend not to use aluminium. Sheer Aluminium reacts with water, yielding Hydrogen. Hydrogen is combustible and can explode, depending on the ratio of Hydrogen and Oxygen in the mixture.

If you prefer metal, I'd recommend some steel pipe, stainless, probably.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Maybe hone out the threads as well? In case of use in a gravity release assist, so that if the angle were not straight, it will slide and not get caught. If using a metal rod, must be rust proof. Stainless sounds good.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

why not use pvc.wont rust corrode or anything
Shannon SteelSlave

I like your thinking
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Itcjust so happens I have a new redundant oil filter in my shed I've had for at least ten years often thought of throwing it out but never did, glad I didn't now.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Oh, what we could do with a room full of spare auto parts......Kind of ironic, auto parts are supposed to help people get around, not the opposite.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Oh, what we could do with a room full of spare auto parts......Kind of ironic, auto parts are supposed to help people get around, not the opposite.
Who will come up with the next idea using auto parts? Just an idea to help you on your way: what about wiper motors?
Shannon SteelSlave

Muffler clamps, washer pumps, throttle cables, climate control modules, fuel injectors. Just not the secondary ignition. A spark leaked from a HEI distributor on my once, 60,000 volts went through my hand and grounded to the hood through my ear.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Muffler clamps, washer pumps, throttle cables, climate control modules, fuel injectors. Just not the secondary ignition. A spark leaked from a HEI distributor on my once, 60,000 volts went through my hand and grounded to the hood through my ear.
:shock:

That beats my "shocking" story. I once touched the "sucker" on an old CRT color television set. My whole body jerked once, I came out of it after a fraction of a second, and laughed my ass off. :rofl:

(I had a boyfriend way back when that fixed TVs and other electronic thingamabobs at the time - when it happened to him, he got mad).

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Muffler clamps, washer pumps, throttle cables, climate control modules, fuel injectors. Just not the secondary ignition. A spark leaked from a HEI distributor on my once, 60,000 volts went through my hand and grounded to the hood through my ear.
:shock:

That beats my "shocking" story. I once touched the "sucker" on an old CRT color television set. My whole body jerked once, I came out of it after a fraction of a second, and laughed my ass off. :rofl:

(I had a boyfriend way back when that fixed TVs and other electronic thingamabobs at the time - when it happened to him, he got mad).

Jenny.
Oh god! the old CRT's, I've had a few shocks off them in the past also a few shocks of HT leads. The modern stuff just isn't as much. fun
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I once made a small fortune at a scout camp. Someone had bought a trick lighter that gave you a shock when pressed. It got passed around and everyone was getting shocked. As my electrical knowledge was far in advance of everyone else's, as it formed part of my hobbies back then I took advantage of the situation and bet the others a Quid each I could hold the lighter for a full minute. They never figured out I was sat in a wooden chair with my feet off the ground.