Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

Postby o0_Squirrel_0o » 13 Sep 2020, 03:18

I am considering buying a kitchen safe. It seems like a great way of locking myself away as I can break the case to get out. I want to put a key on a ribbon and be able to pull the key out (via the ribbon) once the case unlocks. Hands-free. The case appears to not require anything other than lifting the lid. Has anyone tried this product? How did you like it?

Thank you
Squirrel
o0_Squirrel_0o

Re: Anyone try Kitchen safe's?

Postby Sashauk » 13 Sep 2020, 07:55

Yes, I use one to keep my keys in when I am locked up.

As you say all that is required is the lid to be lifted off to gain access. It is secured by two 'bolt's that slide into slots in the wall of the base section, they retract when the time is up.
Security wise they are not that secure, being made out of plastic, but the thickness of the material means it would take a fair degree of punishment to force it open.

Added enjoyment is that you can see the keys but not get to them :D
Sashauk

Postby Gregovic » 13 Sep 2020, 11:40

Yes, I use one relatively often as it is fairly reliable and easy and fast to set up.

Keep in mind if breaking the case is your backup plan it requires quite a lot of force. (For example, simply dropping it from 1.5 meters (4,5 foot) up isn't enough. I've tried that acccidentally.)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Gregovic

Postby Sashauk » 13 Sep 2020, 12:14

Also consider getting one with the mini base if all you are intending to put in it is keys. I have the full size one and it really is too tall when you just have a bunch of keys in it.

Another alternative is this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-Purpose-Container-Addiction-Excessive-Properly/dp/B07XKMZXL7/ref=pd_lpo_201_t_0/258-3704645-2054321?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07XKMZXL7&pd_rd_r=6c6f507d-1780-496c-b732-ba67dd692995&pd_rd_w=VE8Ql&pd_rd_wg=GkKr4&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=ER03SDF950DJ2NJRSPSC&psc=1&refRID=ER03SDF950DJ2NJRSPSC which looks to be a bit smaller than the full sized Kitchen Safe.

And if you have access to a 3D printer you can make your own base - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3972031
Sashauk

Postby Shin » 13 Sep 2020, 13:23

I've got one and it's pretty fun.I use it for keeping key's away, but I had an issue with it.

I tried to tie a rope to a key, put the key inside and the rope pulled between the lid and the base. Well... Apparently the rope pulled the lid and base apart, and therefore the bolts couldn't retract... I heard the motor trying, but it failed. I had to manually push them in (with a screwdriver) later... Fortunately I had an emergency release.

In retrospect, I should have used a smaller rope to secure the keys (like fishing thread), but alas...

I would certainly buy it again though, have had lot of fun with it. If only it had a random timer function :)
Shin

Postby TNTBound » 13 Sep 2020, 14:23

i use mine all the time. i have some ice fishing line attached to the keys and also attached to the chain i use for a spreadeagle. then i can just pull the keys to my hand with the fishing line and free myself. i also used it this morning to hold a couple pieces of paracord inside that i use to pull down the zipper pull on my darlex sleepsack. i attached a loop of paracord to the zipper on the sleepsack, and then i can thread the piece of paracord through that loop to give the extra length so i can grab it through the fabric and pull the zipper down. was stuck for two hours in it this morning. :D
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Postby o0_Squirrel_0o » 13 Sep 2020, 17:38

Shin wrote: If only it had a random timer function :)

Right. I love not knowing how long it will take. I have used the SB CD tray opener but for long term play, it is too risky for me. I have a desktop. Also, I have had trouble in the past.

TNT, I have wanted a sleep sack so bad but couldn't justify it for solo play. I'm intrigued you figured out how to do it. It sounds like you have a paracord attached to the sleep sack zipper. The paracord is held outside the sac by the fishing line. The fishing line runs from the paracord to the Kitchen safe and to your hand inside the sleep sack. Is this correct? Also how strong or think is your line? Would string work?

Thank you, Everyone. My roommates are going out of town and it's going to be sooo gooooooood.
o0_Squirrel_0o

Postby kinbaku » 13 Sep 2020, 22:09

Or you can use an ordinary box that closes with a combination lock and use Codelocker and TimeLockerForImages (https://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13054&start=15). As a backup you can test all combinations one by one.
kinbaku

Postby TNTBound » 17 Sep 2020, 01:31

o0_Squirrel_0o wrote:
Shin wrote: If only it had a random timer function :)

Right. I love not knowing how long it will take. I have used the SB CD tray opener but for long term play, it is too risky for me. I have a desktop. Also, I have had trouble in the past.

TNT, I have wanted a sleep sack so bad but couldn't justify it for solo play. I'm intrigued you figured out how to do it. It sounds like you have a paracord attached to the sleep sack zipper. The paracord is held outside the sac by the fishing line. The fishing line runs from the paracord to the Kitchen safe and to your hand inside the sleep sack. Is this correct? Also how strong or think is your line? Would string work?

Thank you, Everyone. My roommates are going out of town and it's going to be sooo gooooooood.

its just a piece of paracord attached to the sleepsack zipper with a loop at the end of it. i can thread another piece of paracord through the loop that is attached to the zipper with my mouth so that i can pull the zipper down using my hand through the fabric of the sleepsack (requires good mouth dexterity to pull off!). if the zipper is all the way up, the collar on the sleepsack likes to fold over instead of letting the zipper pull down, so its a tough task to get it to open up like that. but if i dont pull the zipper all the way up, i can just grab the loop with my teeth and slide the zipper down enough to free my arms from the sleeves. i keep the extra pieces of paracord that i would slide through the zipper loop in the kitchen safe to time my escape when i have the zipper puller all the way up to the top of the collar. you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT be gagged and escape on your own like this! its not something i recommend trying without a two legged backup within shouting distance!
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Postby Shannon SteelSlave » 17 Sep 2020, 17:58

I still seem partial to those electronic timer locks, though I would never secure myself to something with them. More for locking away keys, and a bolt cutter as a back up that I could still operate and reach with my hands.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
Shannon SteelSlave

Return to Selfbondage discussions