MagBound: Self-Bondage Electromagnet (coupon too!)

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
happyscope

MagBound: Self-Bondage Electromagnet (coupon too!)

Post by happyscope »

Title: A Review of MagBound Self-Bondage Electromagnet (and Discount code)

Introduction:
I recently purchased the MagBound (Premium) self-bondage electromagnet, which has exceeded my expectations regarding reliability, convenience, and overall performance. This small, portable device offered me and anyone else a fail-safe solution for those interested in safe and time-controlled self-bondage experiences. In my review here, I will highlight the key features that made the MagBound stand out and share my personal experiences with both the wall and furniture mounting options. I am doing this review out of pure happiness with the device, and I believe it deserves much more recognition than it currently has. THIS IS NOT A PAID AD/SPONSOR. I purchased this myself and paid a good amount of money. £200 ish. With import tax on top.
collection
collection
Reliability and Safety:
MagBound truly delivers on its promise of reliability. Thanks to its metal-fabricated construction and intelligent design, I have experienced zero issues with the device in terms of breaking and/or being able to break free once locked. The fail-safe design ensures that, even in the event of a timer malfunction (digital or analogue), the power bank will run out of charge, and the magnet will release, guaranteeing a safe and easy exit from any bondage scenario. This feature provides peace of mind and eliminates potential concerns about getting trapped. (An emergency release is always advised, eg. someone who will check on you or an undesirable release, paint tin with the key, etc.) I bought the intelligent timer device they sell, allowing for online controlled timing through a local wifi address that the timer emits. I can also use that timer anywhere, as it provides a dedicated wifi signal from a local host connection to a phone. A typical wall plug-like timer is available from the company, designed to work with the power bank set-up. It should be noted that I have been part of their Discord server, and they are constantly working on upgrades to the technology, and soon they will have a standalone app to control the Magbound with the ability to share links for remote control with users you trust!

Portable and Convenient:
One of the standout features of MagBound is its portability. Compatible with standard portable power banks, this device allows for freedom of movement while maintaining a secure bondage experience. Whether at home or in a hotel room…or even when I went camping, the compact size of the MagBound ensured easy transport and discreet storage/use. Furthermore, the ability to power it with a power bank means you can enjoy extended sessions without worrying about needing an outlet. Meaning if you want to get kinky in a private woodland/abandoned building (With permission, of course :wink: ) …you can.

Mounting Options:
MagBound offers a few different mounting options; I bought the wall and furniture/chair mount. I have enjoyed of using both, with many new holes being drilled secretly into my house walls and furniture, and I am impressed with the versatility they provide when in use with respect to not breaking when pulled against. The wall mount allows for easy installation in a dedicated space, while the furniture mount can be attached to various objects, expanding the possibilities for creative bondage scenarios. Both mounting houses are sturdy and reliable, ensuring a secure connection between the device and the surface it's mounted on. And can be removed and placed back on whenever needed.
wall mount
wall mount
chair mount
chair mount
Screenshot 2023-05-24 172706.png (82.17 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Flawless Performance:
In my experience, the MagBound has worked flawlessly every time. The electromagnet's strength is perfectly calibrated, providing an optimal level of restraint without compromising safety. The device is responsive and easy to control, allowing for quick adjustments as needed before the session starts. Additionally, the thoughtful design ensures that the magnet does not cause discomfort or leave marks on the skin as it has a rather premium and sleek brushed polished finish. Not only can this be used for restraining in all sorts of scenarios regarding the magnet connected between cuffs or fixed points to a limb, you could use the magnet release to drop a key on a pull rope. The possibilities are endless, and I find new ways of using them each time. Despite being advertised and stated not to be used for suspension, it proved strong and fun for a short test of it holding my hands above my head. :oops:

Conclusion:
The MagBound is an outstanding self-bondage electromagnet that combines reliability, convenience, and safety in a compact package, especially if you can purchase some of the added extras they offer. With its fail-safe design, compatibility with power banks, and versatile mounting options, this device provides a trustworthy solution for those interested in exploring the world of self-bondage. I have been thoroughly impressed with its flawless performance and highly recommend it to anyone seeking a high-quality and dependable tool for their bondage experiences.
However, it isn't cheap. But it is also one of a kind, and with the price comes the service and standard you would expect. At the time of purchase, I was a little excited and didn't look around much for discounts, but after, I was able to find a 5% off code for anyone interested. I'll be using it to buy the standard timer and a pillory next. 5% off code: GETATREAT5

It works on both the Etsy store and the store they have. I love the product and wish them to do well! Please see the video attached of the device, me showing it open and close.
https://gifyu.com/image/Su2ow
5% off code: GETATREAT5
(NOT AFFILATE OR AFFILATE LINKs)
https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/Selfbondag ... GETATREAT5 Etsy store
https://selfbondage-shop.com/en/ Company website/store

Please post any questions or your own opinions below! ill be happy to help and provide anymore session details etc if wanted.
kinbaku

Re: MagBound: Self-Bondage Electromagnet (coupon too!)

Post by kinbaku »

happyscope wrote:Title: A Review of MagBound Self-Bondage Electromagnet (and Discount code)

Please post any questions or your own opinions below! ill be happy to help and provide anymore session details etc if wanted.
Thanks for the review.
What is the voltage of the adapter?
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

kinbaku wrote:
happyscope wrote:Title: A Review of MagBound Self-Bondage Electromagnet (and Discount code)

Thanks for the review.
What is the voltage of the adapter?
I hope this helps, I think this is what you would like to see?
Adapter Specs
Adapter Specs
it converts 5V to about 8,5-9V. Apparently, this is the best compromise between locking force and heat dissipation of the solenoid.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

happyscope wrote:I hope this helps, I think this is what you would like to see?
20230525_130043.jpg
Yes, that is it what I would to see. :D
Thanks.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

kinbaku wrote:
happyscope wrote:I hope this helps, I think this is what you would like to see?
20230525_130043.jpg
Yes, that is it what I would to see. :D
Thanks.
Combination of this with xtoy scripts and estim... Makes for some very fun predicaments.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

happyscope wrote:
20230525_130043.jpg
blink ... Input 500mA @ 5V, output 500mA @ 12V ... um, where does it get the extra 3.5W from?
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

ruru67 wrote:
happyscope wrote:
20230525_130043.jpg
blink ... Input 500mA @ 5V, output 500mA @ 12V ... um, where does it get the extra 3.5W from?
I'd love to say I understand much electricity related science but I don't, I know it converts 5v to 8-9v ish and that's it from a power bank through that then into magnet. Main thing is it works.
bluebird67

Post by bluebird67 »

happyscope wrote:
ruru67 wrote:
happyscope wrote:
20230525_130043.jpg
I'd love to say I understand much electricity related science but I don't, I know it converts 5v to 8-9v ish and that's it from a power bank through that then into magnet. Main thing is it works.
Well, maybe, but that part of the label is wrong: you cannot have output voltage higher than input voltage without a reduction in current. ("You cannae change the laws of physics"). Given that the basic spec is wrong, can one trust the CE certification?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Probably the CE certification is not trustworthy, no.

@happyscope: How do you know, that the output voltage is 8-9V?
I'm just trying to understand what's going on with that adapter, as I was also fairly surprised by the “3.5 W free power included“ claim.

The good news is, that with 9V and 500 mA the power is within the 5W limit of the USB 2.0 standard.

Strange things are going on inside that piece of equipment, though... :?
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bart-cupcake.gif
bart-cupcake.gif (74.89 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
There is a severe penalty for breaking Ohm's Law
the-simpsons-electric-chair.gif
the-simpsons-electric-chair.gif (95.26 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

back-to-the-future-disappearance.gif
back-to-the-future-disappearance.gif (69.35 KiB) Viewed 3646 times
Sorry, I can't help it anymore.
Besides, someone else is bound to say it if I don't.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

Blacky wrote:Probably the CE certification is not trustworthy, no.

@happyscope: How do you know, that the output voltage is 8-9V?
I'm just trying to understand what's going on with that adapter, as I was also fairly surprised by the “3.5 W free power included“ claim.

The good news is, that with 9V and 500 mA the power is within the 5W limit of the USB 2.0 standard.

Strange things are going on inside that piece of equipment, though... :?

Well I did some digging and sent them an email and they have just replied, I pointed out the label information which appears wrong from whats stated here. This is the reply I had
"Agh yes sorry, the label is wrong and you (the user information in the forum post comment) are correct. I am buying the adapters from a German distributor so I think one can trust the CE label. However, the specs were indeed labled wrong. It is the only adapter with a suitable voltage (about 8,5V) it is the result of the power consumption of the solenoid, it lowers the voltage"
And that's all I had, but fast reply if more question are needed to be answered. More than happy to ask.
bluebird67

Post by bluebird67 »

Maybe the voltage depends on the load, so the output could be up to 12V (with a bit less than 200mA) or up to 500mA (at just under 5V), or somewhere in between.
At any rate, the proprietor of Selfbondage Shop must be given credit for a very straightforward answer; it sounds as if we can trust his statements about testing, which means your comment that "Main thing is it works" is a fair summary.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

bluebird67 wrote:Maybe the voltage depends on the load, so the output could be up to 12V (with a bit less than 200mA) or up to 500mA (at just under 5V), or somewhere in between.
At any rate, the proprietor of Selfbondage Shop must be given credit for a very straightforward answer; it sounds as if we can trust his statements about testing, which means your comment that "Main thing is it works" is a fair summary.
Boost converters like this aren't really intended to drive heavy inductive loads like a large (for this power supply) electromagnet. The result of trying to drive such a load is a drop in output voltage of the boost converter. That's basically just a result of physics
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*