Help needed, Timer padlock, reduce tension

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
james_carmen

Re: Help needed, Timer padlock, reduce tension

Post by james_carmen »

I recently devised a release method that's cheap, simple, and might be what you're looking for. It revolves around a snap shackle (link below to an example). These things are designed to let you pull as much as you want, then when the side pin is pulled, it releases the shackle fairly easily even if it's still under tension. For my set-up, I have a small weight that drops, when the weight drops it pulls on the side pin releasing the shackle (on the cord that goes to my wrist cuff. For dropping the weight, I use a CD tray opener program, but the same effect can be accomplished with Ice. I just like the CD tray opener cause I can set a timing more easily. As a redundancy I use ice as well. I.E. the weight is suspended from the closed CD tray with a string. The string is broken into 2 parts, the ends of which are frozen together in ice. So if the CD tray fails, the ice will melt and drop the weight regardless.

If you're creative there's lots of variations for this release method, I like the weight because gravity is guaranteed and less to fail. But you can use an elastic that would pull the pin out, and a CD tray or ice string would keep the elastic from pulling on the pin until release time.

I just like this device since it lets you struggle and pull without risking damaging the release method or speeding up release.

https://www.e-rigging.com/52mm-stainles ... ap-shackle
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

james_carmen wrote:I recently devised a release method that's cheap, simple, and might be what you're looking for. It revolves around a snap shackle (link below to an example). These things are designed to let you pull as much as you want, then when the side pin is pulled, it releases the shackle fairly easily even if it's still under tension. For my set-up, I have a small weight that drops, when the weight drops it pulls on the side pin releasing the shackle (on the cord that goes to my wrist cuff. For dropping the weight, I use a CD tray opener program, but the same effect can be accomplished with Ice. I just like the CD tray opener cause I can set a timing more easily. As a redundancy I use ice as well. I.E. the weight is suspended from the closed CD tray with a string. The string is broken into 2 parts, the ends of which are frozen together in ice. So if the CD tray fails, the ice will melt and drop the weight regardless.

If you're creative there's lots of variations for this release method, I like the weight because gravity is guaranteed and less to fail. But you can use an elastic that would pull the pin out, and a CD tray or ice string would keep the elastic from pulling on the pin until release time.

I just like this device since it lets you struggle and pull without risking damaging the release method or speeding up release.

Good idea with many possibilities. :wink:
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

james_carmen wrote:I recently devised a release method that's cheap, simple, and might be what you're looking for. It revolves around a snap shackle (link below to an example). These things are designed to let you pull as much as you want, then when the side pin is pulled, it releases the shackle fairly easily even if it's still under tension. For my set-up, I have a small weight that drops, when the weight drops it pulls on the side pin releasing the shackle (on the cord that goes to my wrist cuff. For dropping the weight, I use a CD tray opener program, but the same effect can be accomplished with Ice. I just like the CD tray opener cause I can set a timing more easily. As a redundancy I use ice as well. I.E. the weight is suspended from the closed CD tray with a string. The string is broken into 2 parts, the ends of which are frozen together in ice. So if the CD tray fails, the ice will melt and drop the weight regardless.

good idea, defo something I would find useful, however looking at being able to use the electronic lock, I was looking for a shackle lock like that but instead, cant be pulled out until a padlock on one side of the release pin has been unlocked.