Help needed, Timer padlock, reduce tension

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
happyscope

Help needed, Timer padlock, reduce tension

Post by happyscope »

Looking for someone to help. I found a post on a website and I thought it was here but couldn't find it. Basically someone had a way of using the electronic padlocks as the main locking device between two fixed points. (bed post to wrist). They did it in such a way that pulling between the two fixed points didn't put tension on the locking shackle on the device. They provided pictures on how they did it and would appreciate if anyone can shed some light into this.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Help needed, Timer padlock, reduce tension

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Happyscope. I think it was here, and that member who posted it should be by in a few hours. Maybe check back tomorrow.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna happyscope.

Didn't find it either, so wait a little longer for the right person to arrive.

But viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12047&hilit=experts+panel#p87571 is maybe something.
Or the parachute system (see the video in the first post from viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11723&p=84186&hili ... ute#p84168),
here you can place the lock at the rope - instead of the yellow pin - so that little force is applied to the lock.
Just yesterday played with my 2 electronic padlocks and a chain tied my hands to the head of my bed meanwhile with enjoying me with the DG-lab.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

Thanks for the replies so far, I remember the picture in my head I think it was for spread Eagle and it was a Realy simple idea using only rope or chain and then the electronic padlock was on show on the picture. Recently bought the new electronic padlock and I intend to use them for bed post to wrist however I don't want to break it or be applying tension when it tried to unlock.
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

How about simply joining two lengths of chain with a carabiner or chain link a few links from the end of each piece, then join the free ends with the timer padlock. You can thrash around as much as you like because the tension is taken by the carabiner which you could reach to release at any time but you won't until the time expires so as not to damage the timer padlock.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

Lotharjulz wrote:When my partner gets up earlier than me and goes to work, I'm at times left spread eagle on our bed with a time release.

One of the links connecting my wrist to the head board eyelet is comprised of two chains with a padlock joining them within reach of my fingers. In other words there is a chain from my right wrist cuff is joined with a chain from the right eyelet. I end up straining my muscles as much as I like and never worry about lock failure.

The key is tied to one end of a piece of yarn and the other end is looped around my right wrist. The key is placed in our Kitchen Safe timer with it resting on its side. When the timer expires the lid falls open, I can retrieve the key, free my right hand, then free everything else. Doesnt really matter that the safe is on its side though as pulling when unlocked will certainly bring it out regardless. I like it when it is on its side though as the noise it makes when falling open wakes me up.

This release method is used exclusively for almost every scenario where I'm alone and cannot ordinarily reach the box. Im usually locked in bed segufix style though which the same release system is employed.

Because I have a partner our safety is simply a sealed envelope key which is also tied by a separate piece of yarn taped to the envelope. Solo, I used to use a safety key tied by string to an open jug of motor oil as well that would spill on floor if pulled.

For reference. Yes, that key has been sealed in that envelope for a very long time (2,300 days since last incident) :D
Capture.PNG
Sergio wrote:How about simply joining two lengths of chain with a carabiner or chain link a few links from the end of each piece, then join the free ends with the timer padlock. You can thrash around as much as you like because the tension is taken by the carabiner which you could reach to release at any time but you won't until the time expires so as not to damage the timer padlock.
thanks for the help so far, not quite what I'm looking for Sergio. I know there is a way and it has been posted but I lost it a while back.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

i think i found the post on a different website. i made a really terrible drawing of the idea. in the original he uses a zip sie folded in on itself to create the "metal like rod" in my picture. However he noted that the zip tie isn't the best as it can bend in the middle and get caught so I adapted it. However still would like ideas of what people think could be used to create what I drew/looking for to hold chain together.
idea.png
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I do use 2 electronic locks if one did not work properly.
Timerlocks.jpg
Timerlocks.jpg (18.38 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Then I sometimes use the following setup with a long chain that I insert several times into the ring of the handcuff and around the fixed object.
The force is then distributed over the chain, as with a pulley system, so that less force is applied to the locks.
Timerlocks2.jpg
Timerlocks2.jpg (13.91 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

If you aren't referring to this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11252&start=30#p82065

Then you are at least looking for a post in that topic.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Slave_L wrote:If you aren't referring to this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11252&start=30#p82065

Then you are at least looking for a post in that topic.
Yes, that is where my interest in the timer locks started, but then they did not yet have the good quality that I expected from them. :wink:
It's more with my new timer locks that I recently bought on Ruru67's recommendation at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13393.
But on this post it's more to do for the power distribution so that they are not damaged and can also be detached more easily. So it can also be used with regular padlocks. Then also use 2 pieces if a lock no longer works (key breaks off in the lock). :shock:
Last edited by kinbaku on 12 May 2021, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

happyscope wrote:However still would like ideas of what people think could be used to create what I drew/looking for to hold chain together.
You can buy a T-piece or something similar where the vertical bar fits in one link of your chain. If you then put your lock in the bottom hole, it can no longer be removed.
Tpiece.jpg
Tpiece.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

kinbaku wrote:
happyscope wrote:However still would like ideas of what people think could be used to create what I drew/looking for to hold chain together.
You can buy a T-piece or something similar where the vertical bar fits in one link of your chain. If you then put your lock in the bottom hole, it can no longer be removed.
The attachment Tpiece.jpg is no longer available
exactly like that, I was thinking of something that shape but cylindrical but that will prob work fine.
I also found this device I don't think people have seen before might be useful to people?
idea.png
link to it here https://www.labelzone.co.uk/products/85 ... PIQAvD_BwE

idea.png
also if anyone knows the name of something like this but has a bigger hole for a padlock shackle size.
Attachments
idea.png
Last edited by happyscope on 12 May 2021, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Ideally this would use a newer metal timer padlock rather than the original cable type, and relies on the end of the chain being able to pass at least partially through a middle link. Loop the end round the bed frame (or whatever) and back on itself, tuck it through a suitable link and hook the padlock through the protruding end. The tension is then taken by the thickness of the hasp rather than pulling on it.
happyscope

Post by happyscope »

Sergio wrote:Ideally this would use a newer metal timer padlock rather than the original cable type, and relies on the end of the chain being able to pass at least partially through a middle link. Loop the end round the bed frame (or whatever) and back on itself, tuck it through a suitable link and hook the padlock through the protruding end. The tension is then taken by the thickness of the hasp rather than pulling on it.
exactly there are 3-4 good ways of doing so above all using a type of metal pin to go through the links and take the weight and then a hole or lock to stop it from pulling through.