Hanging chair frame for suspension

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
SissytracyNJ

Hanging chair frame for suspension

Post by SissytracyNJ »

I was walking around Walmart today and found a hanging chair frame and chair. I felt the frame and it's incredibly strong. I guess it has to be to be able to hold a person in the chair. Also it's very stable. It looks perfect for something like a kneeling bondage, or a classic hogtie. Looks like it has lots of versatility. It's kind of difficult to have a hook put in the ceiling for suspension. This seems like a great alternative. What do you guys think?
Attachments
hanging chair and frame
hanging chair and frame
hanging chair and frame.jpg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Hanging chair frame for suspension

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

there's another store I won't able to shop at.
2 of those could make a cage, but the frame itself is a good alternative to ceiling hooks and it has an inherent disguise.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

You could also drill some holes into the bottom pipes to add some more anchor points.

Do not drill holes into the vertical beam; this would weaken the static.
[
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

My partner suggested a different approach to my hanging chair:
chair.jpeg
That is, we bought a second chair, without the frame, and hung it so that it could be placed in front of the first. I made some simple locking lugs that could be padlocked together, making a simple hanging cage. It's quite comfortable.

As a suspension frame, though, these frames leave a lot to be desired. They're not very stiff - the whole frame bounces around a bit, and the centre of gravity when under load is a bit close to the front of the whole thing for my liking. I counterweighted mine with a 32kg kettlebell on a wooden platform shaped to keep it all in place and stop the whole mess from rocking forward. The frames also not particularly tall, so there's not a lot of headroom for your uplines.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ruru67 wrote:That is, we bought a second chair, without the frame, and hung it so that it could be placed in front of the first. I made some simple locking lugs that could be padlocked together, making a simple hanging cage. It's quite comfortable.
And a nice view out the window too.

Cool setup. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Sounds like the perfect excuse for having a couple of sturdy hooks in the living room ceiling.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

bound_jenny wrote:And a nice view out the window too.
Yeah, that's at my old place; the current one has a nice view, not quite so high above everything (also not quite as exposed to the elements!), but does have a huge play space and a workshop, that the old place lacked...