Adirondack Chair Bondage

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Adirondack Chair Bondage

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

I recently purchased an Adirondack Chair.

The scenario that I had in mind was:
- Soft (in the case that I can get out at any time)
- Hard (in the sense that I would have little ability to move and could struggle)
- Arms on the armrests

I started with adding fitness tight cuffs that would be used as restraints. They are added using a combination of claws, spring links and a chain:

The black-white restraint are two large dog collars. The restraints at the top are a fitness harness.

Now, we get to the arm restraints:

These are tight cuffs. Yes, they are too wide for an arm - but I need to go through them while I already wear my writs cuffs.

There are several reasons for this.

- putting on the wrist cuffs after your have put your arm through these cuffs is difficult
- getting the wrist cuffs off while you have your arms through these arm cuffs is even more difficult - in case of an emergency I could lose a lot of time
- if one (or both) hands are numb, there would be no way to get out.

I did several tests with ankle cuffs - they are much better to restrain yourself, but the drawbacks are simply too big.

The above picture was an earlier test with ankle cuffs - great for restraining, but too many potential problems when getting out.

Back to the actual scenario:

The metal chain is used to stabilize the tight cuffs. So that I can't move my arms forward.

Now to the wrist cuffs:

The spring links allow me to exit at any time. The electronic time padlocks are a backup mechanism that will open after a pre-set time.

I would like to warn about using these padlocks - they look great, but they have a serious disadvantage.
IF they run out of power, they will remain locked.
This makes them nearly useless for self bondage - but as an additional backup release, they are OK.

The retraining mechanism:

After I am in the chair, and after my hands (with the writs cuffs) are through the tight cuffs, I use the spring link from the wrist cuffs and connect it to the spring link in the picture above.

That spring link is connected to a rope ratchet. The string to tighten it is fixed with a small piece of tape. This is necessary as that string can easily fall off while you go into the bondage.
(Yes, I am speaking from practical experience :oops: )

The main backup release mechanism:

The ratchet is connected to the ice lock - also it would take several hours until that ice lock melts.

Here is another picture how that would work:

So, I have two different, independent backup release mechanisms - the ice locks and the electronic padlock.

If one of the two padlocks opens and I can get one arm free, I am able to get out.

If one of the ice locks melts and I can get one arm free, I am able to get out.

The main risk with this scenario would be a medical issue - the hands getting numb and me being unable to open the spring links.

So, even with a soft scenario that can be ended at any time, backup release methods are a must!

And even with that, it is not completely risk free......but the risk is very low.
(I think about a serious medical problem like a stroke/heart attack or a very extreme, unlikely external event like a sudden fire/intruder)

I did this scenario and it was a little disappointing - I had far too much moving room for the forearms and a little too much for the upper body.

Maybe replacing the fitness harness with a 4-point-car safety belt?

And maybe another pair of tight cuffs at the front of the arm rests - also that would collide with the restraining mechanism.

Anyway, I think that this chair is an interesting base.....it is just that "arms fixed to the armrests" is pretty problematic for self bondage.

But a "Hands behind the back", "Hands in front" or both arms down should be easier to realize.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Adirondack Chair Bondage

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Good to meet you, Absolute Beginner. I want to promote you. Please send me a Private Message if interested.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AbsoluteBeginner wrote:I did this scenario and it was a little disappointing - I had far too much moving room for the forearms and a little too much for the upper body.
Very well developed.

If you first make a body rope harness you can connect this to the chain at the back of the chair and by shortening the chain you can press yourself firmly against the back of the chair without having to squeeze your chest too much when pulling the harness to the back of the chair.

To tie your wrists more tightly against the armrests, you can use straps that you pull down on both sides using the rope ratchets. This will press your wrists against the armrests. It is sufficient that your wrists cannot move due to the friction with the armrest, so that there is no danger of cutting off the blood supply.
AbsoluteBeginner

I made a few more experiments.

To stabilize the wrists, I placed two ankle cuffs (red) :

The basic idea being that I go (with my writs cuffs on) through the black tight cuffs, then connect to the spring link (which is connected to the rope ratchet)

Then, I go through the red ankle cuffs and tighten the rope.

Better than my first attempt from late December, but still problematic as the ankle cuffs must be wide enough so that I can get through it while wearing the wrist cuffs - that leaves too much free space.

Don't get me wrong - the chair is well worth every cent that I paid for it. It is just that an "arms on armrests" scenario seems to be much more difficult than a classic "arms behind/in front/e.t.c." scenario.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Maybe something in the way of an inflatable cuffs, like those water wings used for swim training, or a blood pressure tester, like at the drug store?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
AbsoluteBeginner

Inflatable cuffs (like Blood Pressure Cuffs) are an interesting idea.

Or a completely different approach - putting the cuffs on first and then fix the cuffs themselves to the armrests (using multiple rope ratchets - also that has the potential to become too complex as I would need four or more ratchets :shock: ).

I guess the next few sessions will be something less challenging.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Are you able to modify the chair for stricter bondage? Using pneumatics, you can really restrain your arms and wrists.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AbsoluteBeginner wrote:Inflatable cuffs (like Blood Pressure Cuffs) are an interesting idea.

Or a completely different approach - putting the cuffs on first and then fix the cuffs themselves to the armrests (using multiple rope ratchets - also that has the potential to become too complex as I would need four or more ratchets :shock: ).
You can fix the cuffs of one arm to the armrest with zipties - because then your other hand is still free.

Then with a cinch loop you can tie the other arm cuffs to the armrest with only one ratchet. When you pull the ratchet then the loop closed itself and it cinched your cuffs tot the armrest.