Combinationlocks

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
kinbaku

Combinationlocks

Post by kinbaku »

In the end I was able to carry out the idea I had been given by Restricted a long time ago. The hardest part was forgetting all the numbers. A disadvantage if you have a good memory. :mrgreen:
CombinationLock.jpg
Necessities:
- Jacket
- Rope 22 m for jacket
- Rope 3 m for hobble tie
- 2 handcuffs with the same key
- safety string for handcuff key
- 2 timer padlocks T1 and T2
- 6 combination padlocks L1-L6
- 2 blocks with 3 doors for each
- paper en a tape to fasten the paper behind each door
Explanation figure
Explanation figure
Detail handcuff key
Detail handcuff key
CombinationLockHandcuffKey.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
- Generate 6 numbers between 1000 and 10000, best with 4 different digits and number them from 1 to 6.

- Number the combination padlocks from one to six and program the 4-digit codes for each padlock. Make 6 pieces of paper with the sequence number at the top and the code below and fold them closed so that the code is no longer visible. See the middle papers where the paper is still open at C4 and the paper is folded and closed at position C3.

- Generate a new random order from 1 to 6 and write this new order on both the locks and the folded papers. As you can see on C4, lock 3 has the number 4 as a new sequence number. Because the papers are folded, you no longer know the code of lock 4. (My change was: 1=>6, 2=>3, 3=>4, 4=>5, 5=>1 and 6=>2)

- Stick the codes under the doors in the indicated order C1 to C6.

- Fasten the doors with the locks in the order shown L1 to L5.

- Secure the handcuff key in lock L6 and connect the key with a thin strong string that afterwards will be firmly attached to your little finger.

- Pull the rope through both sleeves of the jacket and connect the ends of the rope to 2 distant points (20 meters) and also fasten the 2 blocks here so that they cannot be released. The left block at the left end, the right block at the other end.

- On the left handcuff, attach the lock L6 to the chain of the handcuff using the time lock T2 set at 4 hours.

- On the left block on T1 you attach the time padlock to the door C1 with a time of 15 minutes.

- Connect your ankles in a tight hobble tie so that your feet can only move a few cm at a time.

- Connect the left handcuff to your left wrist and the right handcuff to your right wrist and lock it.

- Connect the safety rope of the key securely to your little finger so that if the key falls, you can pull it back up with your hand.

- Start both clocks and put your hands with the cuffs through the sleeves of the jacket.

- Once the jacket is on, close the handcuffs around the rope. This way you can’t remove your hands from the sleeves.

You are now standing with your arms spread horizontally and waiting for the 15 minutes of T1 to expire. Then you can open the door to know the code C1 of the lock L1. Now you have to move step by step to the other side to open L1 (don't forget the code along the way).
This continues - each time giving the Cn the code of the lock Ln - until the code C6 frees your key from L6.

If something goes wrong, the time padlock will free you after 4 hours: the key is still attached to L6, but can now move freely to open your left handcuff. This allows you to pull your left hand back out of the sleeve and then free your right hand as well.

After 54 minutes:
Garage Leftside
Garage Leftside
CombinationLockLeft_Garage.jpg (23.66 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
Garage Rightside
Garage Rightside
CombinationLockRight_Garage.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
Changed:
Instead of one rope through the jacket, let 6 ropes go through the sleeves of the jacket for extra strength.

Set the time slot of the first to 17 minutes instead of 15 minutes, so I had an extra 2 minutes to tie up and then wait the full 15 minutes along the other side of the rope. I had made up my mind not to saunter to the lock until I heard the signal that it had come loose.

I made the hobble tie very small: feet could be placed a maximum of 5 cm (2 inches) apart. The distance between the slots was 4.6 meters (15 ft).
kinbaku

Re: Combinationlocks

Post by kinbaku »

Just escaped my bondage after 2h 35m from 2 of my combination padlocks. :D
Luckily I had undressed completely, because I was still sweating despite it not being so hot.

I had put a chain around the heating pipe in the bathroom. On one end 2 combination locks of 4 digits and on the other end the time padlock set to 10 hours. This time lock was connected to the 2 combination padlocks. To open the loop I have to solve the 2 combinations (I calculated that this could take a maximum of 8h30m) or wait 10 hours until the time lock frees me.

I put on my leather handcuffs and blocked them with 2 small padlocks.
Then blindfolded me. Tossed the key to my metal handcuffs in the dining room. Then in the bathroom my leather handcuffs on my back connected with the metal handcuffs in the loop of the chain.
Then pressed the middle button of the timer padlock and waited for the 5 beeps after which escape was no longer possible.

Luckily the chain was just long enough to sit and lie down in time. It was also a good exercise for concentration: I had to constantly keep track of what imaginary number I was. In my mind I started from the number 0000 and went through all the numbers until the solution without knowing which were the actual numbers on the locks.

After I was free I had to go blindfold and with my hands bound on the back to seek the key in the dining room. :twisted: