Key in a spinner

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
Jadit

Key in a spinner

Post by Jadit »

This is a simple scenario, pic should explain:
bond_scenario.jpg
The more that wheel has weight the less the key's weight will affect its spinning. You need the spinning "wheel" to be very firmly attached so that it will keep rotating as long as possible. I wouldn't recommend a solid circle wheel because it's easy to grab it with hands then and rotate little by little. If it's sticks like these it's possible that you might miss it at the right time, it should be much more challenging but just a matter of little time until you can grab it. Or you can work your way up slowly from the center, going through each end 1 by 1. Also try to make it so the key doesn't clink and clank to reveal its location, but also firmly attached in a way it can't drop on the floor even after you have it in your hands.
bounddosster

Re: Key in a spinner

Post by bounddosster »

If your feeing really adventurous you could do this with a rotary clothes line.
One for the warmer weather, I think.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Or the key on a belt that is moved back and forth over a large distance above your head by a small motor. Just like those seats of a ski lift, but instead of the seat a cord down to which the key is attached. You then have to find out blindfolded where the key passes to catch it there.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:Or the key on a belt that is moved back and forth over a large distance above your head by a small motor. Just like those seats of a ski lift, but instead of the seat a cord down to which the key is attached. You then have to find out blindfolded where the key passes to catch it there.
Don't build it too robustly though you may need help getting down if you get caught up.
ski lift.jpg
ski lift.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.