Quest rope - some useful technique (African puzzle).

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
TicleMeEndless

Quest rope - some useful technique (African puzzle).

Post by TicleMeEndless »

I had some ideas for scenarios in which you need to lead a key or a ring tied to the body, along a rope from one part of the house to another. Each time I came across one problem: how to fix the rope along the wall so that a key can be passed through the mount?
In the end, such a solution was found. This is an African puzzle. Just a special knot that allows you to carry the key through a smaller mount than the ring on the key. Simple and effective:

After some training, this can easily be done even with one hand and blindfolded. And if you did'nt trained and added some distractions (like a clamps, vibrator or need to pee), several such knots can be an excellent time challenge.
How says Anna, "Use your imagination and the things that you have."
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.
OneAndOnlyOdin

Removed

Post by OneAndOnlyOdin »

Removed
Last edited by OneAndOnlyOdin on 12 Jan 2022, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Odin - Odin was killed to make place for other things. This forum will forever be a part of Odin's soul.
Jadit

Re: Quest rope - some useful technique (African puzzle).

Post by Jadit »

What is happening between second and third picture? (And no, if you try to explain it with words i will not understand :) )
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Maybe a video will help :)

I don't think you could have anything large attached to the ring (like a leash), but this would work perfectly for attaching a single key, that you need to unlock a lock at the other end of the rope to get free.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TicleMeEndless

Post by TicleMeEndless »

Or a small bucket of water. I guess, for a leash it's not works (of course, if you don't crawl into the loop with a leash :) )
May be some some carabine, that can't opens one side before locked another side? Hmm, this is a good theme for DIY...
Not all dreams must come true. Choice with a cold mind. Be careful. Not crazy as me.