Inverted suspension

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Slave 1

Inverted suspension

Post by Slave 1 »

Does anyone know how long its safe to be hung upside down.

Ive done 20 mins but thats it, i would love to be caned whilst suspended.
To wake up still tied to the bed is bliss, after 48 hours its better.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

How long a person can be hung upside down varies a lot from person to person, depending on weight, blood pressure, fitness and the like. Most important is, that you don`t stand up again right afterwards, as it could cause you to faint.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I've done the better part of an hour before with an ex-girlfriend. Aside from needing a bit of recovery time, I was fine. You just kind of get used to it after a little while.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

as long as you don't need a pee or a poo you should be safe for a while, if you are getting desperate for either I imagine it not being too pleasant.

EDIT: also, when being suspended upside down, trick your brain for a second or too (this is amazing)...

...imagine that the ceiling is actually the floor, and the floor is actually the ceiling and that you are being held "down" to prevent you from "floating" up.

...this also works if you lay on the floor and stare up at the ceiling...

Imagine the ceiling is actually the wall opposite, and that the wall where your feet are pointing is actually the floor and the wall to where your head is pointing is the ceiling, and that you are "stuck" to the wall like those velcro suits. if you look and think about this for long enough the sensation is quite unreal. (you really have to believe it tho for it to work)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Just don`t ever do that whilst really drunk or high... really messes with your brain!
angelinbounds

Post by angelinbounds »

this is also dangerous. you can die trying this because when you are upside down the blood rushes to your head which increases the pressure on your brains. the veigns on and in your brains pop and you bleed internally with you never knowing about it
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

angelinbounds wrote:this is also dangerous. you can die trying this because when you are upside down the blood rushes to your head which increases the pressure on your brains. the veigns on and in your brains pop and you bleed internally with you never knowing about it
Thats a good point you raised but i think that the human body is a bit more resilient than you might think and I am no doctor I just think it would take more than being inverted to pop any veins in your head.

Even so point taken and its worth bearing in mind. :wink:
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Popping veins are a little exaggerated unless you have any previous problems in that area, but too much blood in your hed can cause pressure on the brain, eventually resulting in blackouts or even a coma.