Beware of putting anything around your neck. "real stor

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Ark

Beware of putting anything around your neck. "real stor

Post by Ark »

Few years back I was doing a self-bondage scenario where I had a phone line around my neck (not smart) while my hands were tied to a radiator. The knot on the phone line malfunctioned and made the phone line tighten up around my neck. I was ok but it was tight. After about a minute though I panicked and pushed myself towards my hands as hard as I could. I somehow managed to snap the phone line while strangling my neck. I was now free to push my neck forward but still getting SERIOUSLY strangled. It was that tight I couldn’t even breathe. I somehow… managed to get my bound hands fingers between the phone line and the neck and push back as hard as I could and snap it again. This was a thick phone line and I’m still amazed I actually could snap it. After that shock I was still stuck in the bondage for about an hour longer (not fun). That one really scared me and I couldn’t use anything around my neck for years after. Can now - but play a lot more safely with my neck. And always plan it so even if I would pass out I would not end up strangling myself to death somehow. I also always have a way to get out when I want but if I do use that escape I ruin something valuable when I pull the string.