Safety Knot?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
greenfrog9

Safety Knot?

Post by greenfrog9 »

I'm not sure how safe it is... but I've been using it and haven't had problems.

I read it somewhere else... not sure where... but I thought I would post it here for people to think about.

What you do is, instead of pulling the entire tail of rope through the final part of a knot.. you pull some of it through instead making a loop... and a free tail to pull... pull the tail and the knot unravels.

There it is... think it over... let me know what ya think... as I said... I've had success with it... but have I just been lucky?

Of course... always have at least one backup.
davisev5225

Post by davisev5225 »

It's a good idea, but it goes against what most folks want in their bondage. That makes it symbolic bondage, rather than real bondage.

A nice variation would be to put some ice through it somehow, so the ice would have to melt before you could pull the loop out.

Also, I've been using a method to make slip knots safe. You simply tie a knot in the line where you want to stop the slip knot from tightening any more, and then the rope can't slide down any further. With a little experimentation, you can make these slip knots get pretty tight on wrists, ankles, etc., but not so tight that they can cause harm.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I like the idea if a safty knot...
But for the others, have the free end of the knot out of reach, for a while (Ice timer...)
Have that as the release from the teather point, but you still need to get the rest of the way free...

And speaking of knots, I came up with what I call a "locking slip knot".
Like a slip knot, but it will hold a free loop, IE one that will not close.
It is held together like greenfrog9's knot and will release even under stress.... I gota redo it and post some pictures so someone can identift it for me....
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
countdown321

Post by countdown321 »

A good knot specifically for what you want is a called a highwayman's hitch (google it), I have used it for attaching my legs quite a few times.
Slave 1

Post by Slave 1 »

To wake up still tied to the bed is bliss, after 48 hours its better.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

I think I was the original poster of this type of knot. I disagree with the comment that this makes the bondage "symbolic", of course it does in a way if you are only thinking of it in the context of self bondage (and whats wrong with that anyway??), but so long as the release is kept outside the reach of the sub, they can hold a substantial amount of weight and tension, and such knots are useful for masters / doms to learn in case of emergency, rather than faff about with complicated knots while your sub slowly turns blue he / she [the master / mistress / dom ] may simply pull the release cord and it all falls undone very quickly. This was the original reason why I also posted under Selfbondage Safety.

I don't understand why so many people slate this idea, it is after all a perfect quick-release system.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I think it is a way for everyone to "create" a knot that has never existed before....

And speeking of knots, I gota re-do mine and have someone identify it...
I'm sure someone here knows a thing or two about knots....
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...