Safety idea: Fixing the padlocks first

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Safety idea: Fixing the padlocks first

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

I have tried to create a scenario that eliminates the danger of getting stuck due to a mistake when starting the session.

My idea was to statically fix the padlocks BEFORE I would start going into bondage.

That you just have to place your cuff into the position, close the padlock and if you messed it up, you just failed to fix yourself (read: Session aborted, but not a catastrophic failure)?

The following pictures explain it better than words.

The basic foundation:

The chains are BELOW the mattress. No way that I accidentally chain myself directly to the chains that stabilize my bondage if I am ON the mattress and the chains are BELOW the mattress.

This is the system with my mattress above it:

There is a nice side-effect.....the chains are basically invisible, so there is no need to "disarm" the bed if someone visits or the apartment administration checks the smoke detector or whatever.

This is the basic plan:

From the side:

From the top:

The ankle cuffs to fix the legs can be set up first as they are not fixed to an ice lock (read: They can be set up a day before) :

After some tests, it became apparent that I could not use ankle cuffs for the upper arms - I used two pairs of wrist cuffs as workaround.

The following picture is after setting everything up:

The white string going to a pair of scissors is the emergency exit (I have such an emergency exit on both sides).

The ice locks from the side:

Please note that the ice locks are ABOVE the horizontal chain - that prevents the chains from getting tangled up once the ice has molten.

This is one of the wrist cuffs:

This way, it should be impossible that I accidentally chain myself to something else (or too far away from the white emergency string)

The cuffs holding the upper arms are not fixed to one place - the cuffs could still be moved to the left/right.

Originally, I wanted to fix them statically, too, but that proved not workable.

So, this setup should prevent serious mishaps when starting the scenario - it should be impossible to get stuck inescapable or in a way that the emergency exit can't be used.

AB
MKu

Re: Safety idea: Fixing the padlocks first

Post by MKu »

Interesting scenario.
Can you give some more details on the ice locks?
Indeed over time people got knowledge but no wisdom.

Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
AbsoluteBeginner

Re: Safety idea: Fixing the padlocks first

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

The ice locks are four 8oz plastic water bottles. (As you are in Germany: 8 liquid oz = nearly 1/4 liter). I am freezing a small chain into them so that only part of one chain link is outside of the ice.
At room temperature, they take approx. 4 hours to melt (plus minus 30 minutes).

Please click on the 9th picture of my first post. I think it can best be seen with the left (violet) spring link.

The first thing to do was to place the spring link on the chains that go around the bed.

Then, I took the red string (that holds the cuffs) and fixed it with a knot to link that is partly outside the ice.

After that, I went with the red string through the spring link, pulled it (so that the entire chain was pulled up by the spring link), went over the bed, fixed the padlocks/cuffs to the red string (10th/11th picture) and fixed the string on the other side of the bed with a similar ice lock.

IMPORTANT:
The ice lock is NOT fixed to the spring link.
Once the ice melts, the bottle falls into the bowl below and the string (with the small chain) is free => I can move both hands and open the combination locks or the cuffs.

Theoretically, one ice lock would be sufficient, but I decided to use ice locks on both sides (also I think that this release method is extremely secure, there is a small danger that I make a mistake during the setup and fix the spring link to the small chain that comes out of the ice lock - also that should be impossible as long as I place the ice lock AFTER fixing the spring link to the chain around the bed).

If this is clear as mud :? ....please don't hesitate to ask more questions.