selfbondage screw up has to be a shitty way to die

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
bounddosster

Re: selfbondage screw up has to be a shitty way to die

Post by bounddosster »

gemt wrote:I guess it depends where you live. Here in the UK I have felt just 1 earthquake in my life.
It felt like a truck had maybe hit the side wall of the house.
I thought a big tree in the garden had fallen down, I got up and checked, it hadn't.
Three days later the tree did fall down during the night and I didn't feel a thing. :lol:
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
housefan111

Post by housefan111 »

I've felt one earthquake in my life. It was the one back in 2011 on the U.S. east coast. I was in a meeting at the time. For a minute I thought someone was shaking the floor with their legs... :mrgreen:
"Bondage is all about changing the balance of power. That's what makes it fun."
Tenderfoot88

Post by Tenderfoot88 »

Noticeable earthquakes often come in series - the initial event and aftershocks. Thing is, if the aftershocks are still significant, you're probably too busy fixing your city to be playing around at that point.

Off the coast of BC, there's technically about 1 earthquake a day, but they rarely hit magnitude 4 or higher, so nobody can feel them (also helps that the faults in question are all 20+ klicks offshore, so you can't be standing on one.) We're expecting to get our share of what hit Japan at some point - that's the fault that's ominously not moving while everything else is - and we have no idea when. Being smart and reasonable beings, we therefore live our lives as though it will never happen.

That said, coincidences do happen. Whether the story is true or just dramatized, I can't say - I didn't write it. It's only the obscure, unique events that are worthy of special recognition, after all.