A release device with some applications

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
grundoontoo

A release device with some applications

Post by grundoontoo »

Hello everyone -

For release what I use is this:

You need a plastic pill bottle - about 1.25" x 3"does well for me, a steel ring about 3/4" in diameter (a small key ring will work), and some strong, smooth cord - I use 1/8" diameter nylon with a finely braided jacket. Drill a hole in the cap of the bottle just big enough for the cord to pass through. Insert enough of the cord through the hole to go to the bottom of the bottle and then back up to the cap. Fill the bottle with water and freeze. Make sure that the cord is smooth, and knot and tangle free, especially the part in the bottle.

Tie another length of cord to the ring, then pass the end of the first cord (frozen in the bottle) through the center of the ring. Pull on the ends of the two cords until the ring snugs up against the cap of the bottle. You now have what amounts to a single cord with a thawable link in the middle. This is strong enough for most applications. I can't break it, although I certainly wouldn't use it for any kind of suspension. It can be used to tie most anything to most anything else - use your imagination - and, in most situations, you can't use your full strength against a restraint anyway. As described it will thaw out in an hour and a half or so. You can adjust the time with different size bottles or by wrapping a doubled washcloth around the bottle for insulation.

If this isn't strong enough for your application, tie one end of the cord to a stronger cord and then wrap the stronger cord (at most once, preferably only a half turn or three-quarters) around something - a chair rung, a post, whatever. One wrap is usually stronger than the cord, even if the end you're not pulling on is only secured with a piece of thread. Be careful if you do this - make sure that nothing (especially the knot) can get tangled or jam or overlap or whatever. Especially make sure it can't overlap. Dying slowly of thirst will not be fun. For most of us...

Application to a chair tie: Pass one end of the release device through the two rings of the "Ring device" described in Anna's website and elsewhere. Then tie the two ends together aroung the front bottom rung of your chair forming a loop with the pill bottle in the middle somewhere. Adjust the length of the loop so that it can extend back below the back bottom rung of the chair and then up a inch or so. Position the rings of the ring device at this point - pointing upward from the back botton rung towards the back of the back of the chair.

Fasten yourself suitably to the chair and apply any accessories you might like - gags, hoods, whatever. Fasten a cuff (I like leather) around each wrist, then fasten a cord to one cuff. Pass the cord (along the wrist) through the other cuff, then back (along the wrist) through the first. Repeat. Repeat again if you want. Then pass the cord down through the ring device and back up to your waiting fingers. Pulling on the free end of the cord will lock your wrists together while stretching them down toward the back bottom rung of the chair. Wait for the ice to melt. Hopefully you've arranged some entertainment - I like an intermittent TENS unit fastened to the genitals and turned up to excruciating.

Actually, all this requires a bit of preparation and has many possible variations. Be careful - test your release first before you fasten yourself to the chair. Test it second too.

Application to a bed tie: And this is my personal favorite. Take an 8 foot 1"x6" board and wrap it in a light blanket (an old military wool blanket is good). Lay it lengthwise on your bed, lie on it and strap yourself to it. I like 1" straps about every 6" from ankles to armpits. The ankle strap might want to circle them once alone before going around the board just to make sure they're tight together. Pay close attention the area around the hips. One at the waist, one just above and tight against your penis, one just below and tight against your scrotum, and one another three inches down. These need to be really tight (except the waist), most straps will stretch as you struggle. A final strap around your torso and arms, just above your elbows, is good. Careful to not overtighten any straps between your waist and ribcage - it will interfere with breathing. A small pad under you head and knees isn't a bad idea, nor is letting your heels hang a bit off the end of the board and bed. I like to finish up with a gag and hood, with a strap around the board, and through a ring on the front of the gag, to keep my head in place.

Now the fun part - prepared in advance. Place the release device under the middle of the bed. Stretch the two ends out to sides of the bed and then up the sides to the top. Then run them in towards the center of the bed, passing under the small of your back (and passing each other at the same time). Fasten a cuff on each wrist and pass the free ends from the release device through a ring device on each cuff. The free ends then pass back under the small of your back to the eagerly waiting hand on the other side. Pull. This will pull each wrist down to your side. Stretch your wrists out to side tightening the cords to the release device, then pull on the free ends again. Repeat as necessary until your wrists are down tight at your sides. (It makes a difference whether these cords pass under the board or between the small of your back and the board. Under the board is harder to tighten and release but feels more secure. You might try both before actually strapping yourself down.)

At this point you will be able to do nothing but twitch, so I hope you have the TENs unit cranked up high. I turn mine all the way up and have a timer that turns it on for five seconds, then off for 55.

Again, be careful - try out the strapdown without the wrist restraints for an hour to be sure you can take it. And try out the release device without the straps a couple of times. Watch out for tangles, knots, interference from bed legs, frames, whatever - it's best to have no bedclothes on the bed.

I enjoy self-bondage a lot, even with a partner - especially with a partner - but I always have a backup, a friend in another city who knows what I'm up to and will call for help if I don't get in touch when expected. I may lie there a day longer than I intended but only a day. I strongly recommend you do the same.
jake

Post by jake »

It's a very good idea, as long as there isn't something constantly pulling on the rope, or when it gives way, you may fall or you may just be left with a nasty shock as you legs twists in a weird way.

Actually, that gives me an idea... you could use this rope, and attach it to a blindfold or a hood, and attach the other end to the ceiling, and put something nasty underneath your face, with you lying face down.

When the string comes loose, there is nothing holding your head up and it splashes into whatever you have put underneath. You could go with a cream pie, or something a lot more nasty... :twisted: