How badly does wax hurt?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Clampitdown

How badly does wax hurt?

Post by Clampitdown »

So i was thinking about using some wax in self bondage, but how badly does it hurt on the chest/nipples, are they any side effects of it and what type/colour candle should i use
cooper1337

Re: How badly does wax hurt?

Post by cooper1337 »

in short:
- don't use coloured candles, they burn at much higher temperature
- don't use actual wax. most modern candles use some other stuff, but the original is quite bad
- remember that the wax is hotter, the nearer you have the candle to your body
- make sure that you only get single drops, not a whole load at once
- don't use tea candles
- it's best to do this with a partner. I myself would not use it in selfbondage, also because of the inherent danger of burning something else than the candle while you are stuck
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

cooper1337 wrote:- it's best to do this with a partner. I myself would not use it in selfbondage, also because of the inherent danger of burning something else than the candle while you are stuck
I second that. Fire and self-bondage do not mix. Even if it's just a candle. If something goes wrong, things can get quickly out of control and you will be unable to intervene.

And it's much more fun for both when there's a partner. :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

I recall doing a self-bondage scene with a candle, a spreadeagle on a wooden bedframe, the candle strung from a convenient lamp above. Tie a wire to the middle of the candle, light both ends, drip, drip from each ends like a see-saw. Until the candle slipped out of the wire, fell, bounced off me and landed on the wooden floor, still burning.

I really don't ever want to repeat the fear (and stupidity) of risking my life, and in this case my house as well!,

Wax-play is an amazing sensation, though I have only been the giver, not the receiver (except once) but really should be left for partnered play, fire really is too risky for solo play (IMHO !)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

i stuck one in my bum once whilst bent over so it dripped on my boy bits. it was like a 5 inch drop but i could only barely feel them because it cools off so fast.
cbshackle

Post by cbshackle »

I love bondage, but even when I bottom for fire or wax play, no bondage is used, just in case. I bottom demo for someone in my area that does a lot of fireplay. Bondage and fire/wax don't mix, it's just not work the risk. (Hey that rhymed :D )
:gag: Just a geeky and kinky girl :gag:
lj

Post by lj »

Just another point. Not all candles melt at the same temperature. Beeswax and coloured candles are much hotter than plain cheap wax, enough to burn skin, so if you really must take the risk, try the candle before you are restrained. People have ended up with major burns - there was a horrific photo on FetLife a while ago of the scarring caused by, of all things, birthday cake decoration candles !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

lj wrote:birthday cake decoration candles
I'll bet that what was said just before the painful screams was "Oh, there only little teeny birthday candles! They can't be bad!"

People are far too inclined to be influenced by appearances instead of reality. That's what gets them hurt. And don't forget the "It can't happen to me" syndrome.
bobbi wrote:i stuck one in my bum once
I still have to see something better than the Christmas tree. I don't think anything can top that. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TheJettSet27

Post by TheJettSet27 »

I did not know that about colored candles. So if I try it again I should go with white?
I tried it before with a red candle a few inches away from the back of my hand and it STUNG HORRIBLY.
Wasn't a bad burn, though, so that's good.
I have white candles but they came in a package with red ones. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
The word "bagel" is Old English for "butthole bread."

So grow, libido throw dominoes of indiscretions down, falling all around in cycles, in circles, constantly consuming, conquer and devour...