Backup person

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
CaptainJoe

Re: Backup person

Post by CaptainJoe »

Notsfofun wrote:Okey then! Who is up for going to a south Connecticut munch any time soon? I just don't feel like going there all by myself :oops:
sounds weird. You're thinking to let some stranger rescue you when you're bound up and helpless :gag: , but don't dare to meet friendly, kinky people face to face? :shock:
Find a munch and contact them beforehand. They know of this reluctance to make the first step and there'll surely be a (friendly!) contact person who holds your hand.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

CaptainJoe wrote:
Notsfofun wrote:Okey then! Who is up for going to a south Connecticut munch any time soon? I just don't feel like going there all by myself :oops:
sounds weird. You're thinking to let some stranger rescue you when you're bound up and helpless :gag: , but don't dare to meet friendly, kinky people face to face? :shock:
Find a munch and contact them beforehand. They know of this reluctance to make the first step and there'll surely be a (friendly!) contact person who holds your hand.

Joe.
When I read Notsfofun's post on the previous page, that's exactly what I was thinking. I would be much more wary of a stranger than of a group of people who share the same naughty interests I do. You won't be alone for long once you get the courage up to cross the door's threshold and say, "Hi, I'm here for the Munch. May I join you?". Better yet, once you find one via your favorite web search engine, contact the organizer via e-mail to express your interest in joining the Munch and arrange your presence. This will add an extra incentive to actually show up (and not pass for a wuss :P ). Remember that the people there are not there to judge you for what you do - each of them has their own fetishes and kinks and are in no position to be the pot calling the kettle black. None of them will get menacing and shoot lightning bolts at you from their eyes because you have different kinks than them. They are probably the most tolerant group of people on the planet. You'll have a much better chance at finding someone trustworthy there than with any random stranger on the Internet.

So get up, get out, and meet some real kinky people and have some fun. That's an order from a bona fide Mistress. :whip: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

bound_jenny wrote:
CaptainJoe wrote:

Joe.
When I read Notsfofun's post on the previous page, that's exactly what I was thinking. I would be much more wary of a stranger than of a group of people who share the same naughty interests I do. You won't be alone for long once you get the courage up to cross the door's threshold and say, "Hi, I'm here for the Munch. May I join you?". Better yet, once you find one via your favorite web search engine, contact the organizer via e-mail to express your interest in joining the Munch and arrange your presence. This will add an extra incentive to actually show up (and not pass for a wuss :P ). Remember that the people there are not there to judge you for what you do - each of them has their own fetishes and kinks and are in no position to be the pot calling the kettle black. None of them will get menacing and shoot lightning bolts at you from their eyes because you have different kinks than them. They are probably the most tolerant group of people on the planet. You'll have a much better chance at finding someone trustworthy there than with any random stranger on the Internet.

So get up, get out, and meet some real kinky people and have some fun. That's an order from a bona fide Mistress. :whip: :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Can't speak for the Munches in the USA but I'm confident they do the "meet and greet" that happens in most UK Munches. Simply memo or email the Organiser, introduce yourself as a newcomer (I dislike using the term"newbie") and ask for "meet and greet". In my case (I organise a Munch) this will involve me being at the place we hold the Munch a bit earlier than the time the Munch starts, usually with My Lady, and perhaps another person on my organising team, to meet the newcomer and answer any questions and then introduce them to people as they arrive. During the Munch I will then keep an eye on them and if they are looking a bit lost, stay with them for a while or find a regular member who is happy to chat with them.

Often, Munches are held in "vanilla" settings, so there is no reason to identify yourself as "kinky" to others in the venue, except the Munch people. That first step, over the threshold of the Munch, is often scary, but once crossed, you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
gemt

Post by gemt »

Notsfofun wrote: ...or, you agree on a day you would be playing but not the exact time. If they dont hear from you by the end of the day/night - they come and free you. But you only put the key to your home in a predetermined location during actual few hours you are playing. This way, they don't know when exactly you will be vulnerable/tied up, and you know you will be saved. Makes sense?
But now you are committing me to not drinking (or any of the other things - ok perhaps not the business trip) for the whole day.
Sorry, for me to do that requires a friend-level relationship, and if you have that, you don't need the abstraction.