State of mind while planning your next scenario

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
cooper1337

State of mind while planning your next scenario

Post by cooper1337 »

Hi,

I often read (and I also have written often enough), that it is best to plan a scenario while you are not horny, to avoid doing something that starts out to be a bad idea after the hormones calm down.

In general, this is very advisable, but to be honest, I never really do it myself. When I'm not horny, there is simply nothing that drives me into thinking about scenarios at all. I even hate thinking about it, since I have a lot of more interesting stuff I could do instead.

On the other hand, I'm not really doing much actual selfbondage, but rather scenarios walking outside etc. I have control over most of my body parts all of the time, so the direct risks of injuring myself are quite low, most "dangers" are about being caught. But still I already encountered some displeasing situations that could have been avoided by better planning.

How are you overcoming the problem of not being motivated to plan a scenario after masturbation/sex/whatever? Or don't you have this problem at all?
bound_jenny

Re: State of mind while planning your next scenario

Post by bound_jenny »

cooper1337 wrote:How are you overcoming the problem of not being motivated to plan a scenario after masturbation/sex/whatever? Or don't you have this problem at all?
One of the manifold advantages of wearing one's genitalia on the inside. :P :P :P

It's also a question of what I want and how I want it. Some people absolutely want to have the extreme thrill (and extreme everything else) of being completely stuck with no escape. I don't. I never did. I was stuck once, though I was quick-minded enough to get a knife and cut myself out of it. From that point, I only left the "inescapable" stuff to partnered bondage. Having a two-legged release in situ is the best one, and the simple fact of being dependent on the other partner for release is a thrill in itself. And the possibility of immediate release in case of emergency is very comforting. Otherwise, in self-bondage, I'm looking for the feeling of the bondage, the feeling of sexy rope on my skin (and sexy rope marks after), not being unable to escape. My escape is into the imaginary world of evil villains (especially the ones with top hats and handlebar mustaches...) and tormented damsels in distress (me).

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Flyman

Post by Flyman »

cooper1337 wrote: How are you overcoming the problem of not being motivated to plan a scenario after masturbation/sex/whatever? Or don't you have this problem at all?
I know some people walk away then they look at it again just like review a paper that you just finished writing. I actually practice writing down my scenarios that the hormones don;t really effect me, and I just had too many close calls that I have too plan them out.
I'm like a computer give me a command and I will almost always do it.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

bound_jenny wrote: .... My escape is into the imaginary world of evil villains (especially the ones with top hats and handlebar mustaches...) and tormented damsels in distress (me).

Jenny.

That must be him!
Attachments
image.jpg
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Sir Cumference wrote:That must be him!
Yes!!!! :D

They all looked like that in the damsel-in-distress films, and if they were especially evil, they wore a cape.

Of course, with bad makeup for the black-and-white movie film. :rofl:

Oh, those were the days...

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

cooper1337 wrote:I often read (and I also have written often enough), that it is best to plan a scenario while you are not horny, to avoid doing something that starts out to be a bad idea after the hormones calm down.
For me, the general outline has been planned and tested for years. Each element was individually tested and tweaked before being added to the general outline. At this time, not much planning is required for a specific session. I just need the position, duration, and specific elements.

Greater planning is required for significant changes. My pnuematic latches must be mounted to something to be used and changing that takes time. It took a few weeks to build a frame with restraint points for the wrists and ankles at my current home; several tweaks have occurred since then which also take time. Just changing the latch mounting bolts from philips head to chassis bolts took over a month for tool research, parts selection, and latch modification. Adding a 2x4 under both latch plates began in March and is not yet complete; a slip-up involving my hand and a wood chisel halted progress.

The specific position of the latches and ankle restraints is also trial and error (lately, more error). I tried a hands and knees possition and a sitting position with wrists between the ankles. Both proved torturous very quickly and do not allow the desired duration. A chair design has been in the planning stages for years and may actually enter the matterial selection and purchase stage soon.

In summary, most of my planning occurs well in advance and hormones have little chance of causing judgement errors.

cooper1337 wrote:How are you overcoming the problem of not being motivated to plan a scenario after masturbation/sex/whatever? Or don't you have this problem at all?
I don't really have this issue; planning for next time starts right after the last time. However, better sessions do increase the time before the next one.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
boundballet

Post by boundballet »

Hey Cooper 1337, nice question!

Not being motivated is a problem that can be solved!

Take a relaxation exercice: close your eyes and focus on the darkness, think of nothing else: after about three minute of exhaling and inhaling you allow your mind to elaborate on some kinky scenarios to live yourselve up. And when you're ready: live up to it! Helps me when I am bored ;-)

Take care and have fun
gemt

Post by gemt »

Perhaps it is not so much "plan only when sober" as "review the detail of your plan when sober"
I.e. don't dismiss out of hand some idea you have when excited, but remember it, and plan it in detail when you are less aroused.