These are cheap... but do they seem legitimate? (Chastity)

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Hawkward

These are cheap... but do they seem legitimate? (Chastity)

Post by Hawkward »

For a while now, I've been interested in getting the CB6000 in order to explore denial a little. But when I looked at the product, it worked out at around £100 - though I hadnt known if chastity was for me, so I always ended up seeing it as an expensive fantasy, rather than a something I'd make reality.

However, while I know it's about the last place you'd want to look, I checked Ebay and were amazed at the prices they're selling at, being around the range of £25-£30.

While I'm unsure, I thought I'd get your opinion guys - Do these look like safe, legitimate products to you?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... c&LH_BIN=1

Comparing, it's quite a significant difference...
http://cb-x.com/cb6k.html

If it seems safe a purchase to you guys, I'm willing to sink the £30. They've sold a large number and returns are accepted, so if need be I could always make a complaint if isn't legit. Lastly, on Amazon US, they're on offer apparently - http://www.amazon.com/The-CB6000-Male-C ... B0039GQBRI
lj

Re: These are cheap... but do they seem legitimate? (Chastit

Post by lj »

the old adage "you get what you pay for"

no, they aren't legit, they are rip-offs. They are almost certainly made from cheap materials, probably acrylic rather than polycarbonate, and the parts fit will be less accurate than the "real thing". You are more likely to get fractures resulting in sharp edges with acrylic, and there may well be air inclusions which will weaken the parts.

How do I know ?

Because I bought a similar one a while ago, for a similar price. I started from the expectation it was a rip-off but like the OP I was interested in trying chastity and thought it a cheap way to start. So as long as you expect it to be a little more fragile, might well need some glue run down any seams before you use it, and watch out for stress fractures around the pins holding it together, you should be fine for a reasonable period.

For what it is worth, the real CB6000 also suffer from poor seams occasionally, according to reports on various sites, but gluing with a solvent adhesive will cure the problem in most cases. Also, unless the OP is generously endowed (!) the CB6000S is a better buy as it helps considerably if the sheath is about the same size as the relaxed penis. In my case I'm intending to get a stainless steel one from Mature Metals as these are custom-built to exact dimensions and are reported to be very comfortable and very effective.

Incidentally, many of the cheap supposedly stainless steel products are not ! but usually nickel plated steel of dubious quality.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

Thank you very much for your thoughts and advice!

With what you said, I've set myself with the expectation it'd not last long, and will likely be fragile. True, with the legitimate CB6000 having it's own personalised issues, it shows nothing is perfect. But even still, it's not like I'm looking to abuse myself through such methods as trying to force myself to ejaculate with it on - I've seen people who've actually done this, and I think they're either stupid, or exceptionally tolerant.

But with that in mind, it'd primarily be as you described - to see if the confinement of chastity gives me pleasure/excitement from within the denial it provides.

In short, I'd much rather spend £30 and be happy with the experience despite present flaws, than to spend £100 and not be what I was looking for. I'll also know whether I truly wish to invest towards the proper model.

A couple questions though....

Since I'm not circumcised, will the foreskin present any potential issues, and should it be pulled back upon entry to the cage?
You mentions "seams" on the cheaper model, though what do you mean by that exactly? Were there cracks within the material, jagged edges, or both?
lj

Post by lj »

well, I'm "intact" and that poses no problems generally. The only problem I have found is that the general handling tends to initiate an erection, so you can get the foreskin rolled back as you insert into the tube, which can be uncomfortable and a bit tricky to sort out once locked in - a cotton-wool bud is generally ok for getting things back in order!

By "seams" I mean the join between the two halves of the tube, running along the upper and lower centres. The mouldings are glued or perhaps tack-welded (ultra-sonic) and the joints may not be very good. There is then a danger of splitting open particularly if strongly erect, when the plastic returns to shape it can trap very delicate skin :shock:

I ran some cyano (super-glue) along the seams, but you could use a better solvent-based glue designed for acrylic - this will weld rather than glue.

You may also find a lubricant helpful, I use Johnsons Baby Gel which lasts all day. Without a lubricant you can get some painful "burning" sensations when the skin gets stretched and twisted during movement. But there are guys who spend months locked up, with no release, so I assume they have found ways to keep clean and comfortable. Two weeks is the most so far for me, with daily "hygiene" breaks to wash myself and the CB (my wife holds the key)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shin

Post by Shin »

I also own a CB6K and are uncircumsized. For me the foreskin does not pose huge problems. It's a bit tricky to get it on. Too far forward and it will get through the slot and irritate, to far back it causes a bit of swelling (which I don't like). I can escape from the CB6k, so I invested in a KSD-G3 insert. When pulling back the foreskin, it will be very uncomfortable, so I settle with it poking out once in a while.
The KSD-G3 really works though and it will make a CB6k a lot safer..
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

So who is the legitimate first party seller of the CB-X000 series?
Shin

Post by Shin »

You can get it directly from AL, but you can also look for third-party sellers. I got mine from a dutch site. If you find one around 120-150 dollars, or 100-120 euros you can be kind certain that it is authentic.
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

These guys right?

I've also heard the ones with the I type base ring are fakes, but the picture of the cb6ks on their site seems to use that type of ring. Care to clarify me on this?
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Yes, those are the real thing. If you look under the "parts" section, near the bottom of the page you will find the "old" style rings, spacers, pins, etc. These were sold as replacement parts. Apparently they have gone to a completely new design for the rings.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.