Butt Plugs

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Hawkward

Butt Plugs

Post by Hawkward »

(these questions are from a total beginner's standpoint using proper toys)

As of today, I have begun experimenting with (proper) anal masturbation, using a butt plug which arrived today.

However, after reading several guides, and having online advice both on this forum, and thanks to Google, I do still have a couple questions that I'm curious about.

(just for reference, here is the butt plug I purchased)
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=278
---

Firstly, is saliva an efficient lubricant? I've inserted household objects before, with a maximum diameter reaching around 1.7 inches, for these, i typically made sure they were clean, and used my saliva to make the process smoother - objects include ice cubes, bananas, and a kitchen roll holder for example.

Secondly, I assume discomfort or pain is to be expected at first, even so, at what point after using a butt plug should it be safe to keep it in for extended periods? - Zero discomfort/pain, or safe enough as long as it doesn't hurt sharply or any significant amount?

Lastly, while I do not have an enema, I do tend to make sure my bowels are as clean as possible - naturally one cannot prevent the creation of poop, though as long as I'm careful and wash the toy thoroughly, is it safe to say that not using an enema should not pose a health hazard?

--

Many thanks guys, I've not been visiting as frequent right now, however I really appreciate the advice you have given so far.
On a side note, purchased some stockings as well - which i've been wearing in place of socks and they feel extremely comfortable :D

Edit: forgot to mention I had looked in here too...
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85
ponylady

Re: Butt Plugs

Post by ponylady »

Hawkward wrote: Lastly, while I do not have an enema, I do tend to make sure my bowels are as clean as possible - naturally one cannot prevent the creation of poop, though as long as I'm careful and wash the toy thoroughly, is it safe to say that not using an enema should not pose a health hazard?
hazard for the toy or yourself ?

as for washing the toy: unless you use stainless steel toys you should use condoms with your toys, thuse you can be sure
they are clean when storing them, but to be sure clean them nontheless in hot water.
Hawkward wrote: Firstly, is saliva an efficient lubricant? I've inserted household objects before, with a maximum diameter reaching around 1.7 inches, for these, i typically made sure they were clean, and used my saliva to make the process smoother - objects include ice cubes, bananas, and a kitchen roll holder for example.

Secondly, I assume discomfort or pain is to be expected at first, even so, at what point after using a butt plug should it be safe to keep it in for extended periods? - Zero discomfort/pain, or safe enough as long as it doesn't hurt sharply or any significant amount?
everyones anus is different. what BOBBI is probably strolling around town & enjoying might stretch me to the fullest & cause
discomfort & pain. just trust your instincts, i mean really trust them.
[
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

ponylady wrote: hazard for the toy or yourself ?

as for washing the toy: unless you use stainless steel toys you should use condoms with your toys, thuse you can be sure
they are clean when storing them, but to be sure clean them nontheless in hot water.
A bit of both really, more towards keeping the toy itself clean, if that is a preventative enough measure to ensure safe use. (with the use of condoms as you highlighted, I'd need to purchase some first). Also I've been using soapy water (basically anti-bacterial handwash). I've already had a bad experience with sex toys and them not being maintained, as i have prior used a couple of Tenga onaholes, I tried to wash one of then out for reuse, but the silicon developed a nasty smell, so I immediately disposed of it without any further use.
ponylady wrote: everyones anus is different. what BOBBI is probably strolling around town & enjoying might stretch me to the fullest & cause
discomfort & pain. just trust your instincts, i mean really trust them.
I think my instincts tell me that I should not use the toy anymore tonight, it's the sort of pain that rises when you try to touch around the anal ring thingy (however whenever I've had this, it subsides within an evening or so without anal masturbation). Maybe I'm being too ambitious too early on, but the goal in all this is to get used to the near-constant presence of a butt plug.

Thank you for the very quick response!
lj

Post by lj »

buy some proper lubricant ! KY jelly or any of the sexual lubricants from the pharmacy, not expensive and designed to lubricate delicate tissue.

As to pain, it happens for a good reason, too much, too fast, not enough lube.

I'm no expert, it's an area I experimented with and didn't get enough of a result to continue. Bear in mind that serious extension of sphincter muscles can lead to incontinence, so take things slowly and carefully.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

Welp, I didn't pick up lube when I was out (didn't know I could from pharmacy sections), but I got condoms from ASDA ("durex Extra Safe" - 3 pack). They seemed to make the insertion process a little easier somehow (maybe it's double-sided lubrication?). Regardless, it didn't hurt this time around (maybe I loosened up from earlier), and I felt safe to keep it in a short while. However about 10 minutes later I felt a bowel movement coming, so I terminated the session and cleaned up. However I definitely felt better about insertion this time after I the gist of using the sphincter muscles correctly after the first time.

Regardless, this feels like I've came a long way since my days of carefully sculpting a potato... xD
Thank you for all the advice folks!
lj

Post by lj »

Hawkward wrote:Welp, I didn't pick up lube when I was out (didn't know I could from pharmacy sections), but I got condoms from ASDA ("durex Extra Safe" - 3 pack).
if you found those, look around in the same area of ASDA, KY is sure to be there, and Durex do a lube as well
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

Just a little update

Still to look for the lube at ASDA, the weather has been horrible these past couple days due to the recent snow, that I lack the motivation to head on over :(

As for the butt plug - Using the condoms and plenty the of humans' natural lubrication processing plant (saliva!), after I masturbate with the butt plug, there is near to no pain when I go for the inevitable push to plug myself up! I enjoy it sitting snugly, however, the only thing I'm finding hard now is sitting while it's in, I'm not sure if it's a safe feeling, but it feels like it's reaching a limit when I try to sit upright, a feeling on the inside, an odd "pressure" sensation (definitely not an exciting one)

Does being able to sit upright comfortably come with experience, or is it typically not advised with a butt plug in, especially if that feeling arises?
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Hawkward wrote: As for the butt plug - Using the condoms and plenty the of humans' natural lubrication processing plant..., there is near to no pain when I go for the inevitable push to plug myself up!
A smooth plug and plenty of lube are critical. Depending upon the plug, vegetable or olive oil works good. Water based lube such as KY or Astroglide (gel type does not drip off nearly as much) work well also.
Hawkward wrote: Does being able to sit upright comfortably come with experience, or is it typically not advised with a butt plug in, especially if that feeling arises?
Good question. Hopefully, someone with more experience will give their input. So far, I have found that shorter and skinnier plugs are more comfortable while sitting upright. A contoured base is also important. The best I found was a bi-polar torpedo electrode with a very small base flange. Still have not found a normal butt plug that is comfortable while sitting.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
natq

Post by natq »

I find it hard to sit up with my largest plug unless I have had an enema beforehand.
Then it is quite possible and pleasurable. The way one inserts the plug does seem to matter to me too. Some ways are morhe comfortable than others.
Folowing the natural directions is usually the best.
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

Just another little update.

On Thursday evening, I passed a very small amount of blood, but this wasn't from the entry point of my anus. I'll admit, it was a wake up call, and happened at the best point - before going too far with said method of using toy.

That "weird" feeling I had, which didn't feel like a good thing must've set it off. I was planning to pop to the doc on the Friday, but I had been piled with college work, and thought to take it easy over the weekend and not masturbate anally. On Sunday, I passed the most natural stool I had for a while, and things seem good. I'm still debating a doctor appointment today or tomorrow in order to see if I have a hemorrhoid - which I really should, but nerves keep getting the better of me.

---

So while taking a break, I've been debating my next purchase, and saw some 6mm polypropylene rope for £7 at B&Q (while intently looking for a graphics tablet). Considering shoelaces are 3mm, this should hopefully prove safe enough for trying to create some sort of non-restrictive rope harness. Personally I'd have liked to get 8mm, but I'm trying to stick to as small a budget I can within the confines of safety.

There was one thing in particular that caught my eye in the self-bondage forum which I may talk in - sleeping in bondage, or a night until daylight scenario making use of the darkness and a combination lock, so I'm going to have a look at locks and dog collars in town while I'm at it :D Basically taking the approach highlighted in the post linked below...

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 843#p31097

I want to achieve a state of being unable to escape without either unlocking the padlock between the wrists and ankles, or by using scissors/safety knife to cut the rope, but at the same time I do not want to have enough arm length to "satisfy" myself while maybe having a slideshow of my finest in the background :twisted: