Any advice on drawing pins?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Hawkward

Any advice on drawing pins?

Post by Hawkward »

Just last night I had been batting around ideas on making shoespikes - as reference I used Boundanna's guide...

http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_shoespikes.html

While I understand scenarios are heavily emphasised on imagination, I couldn't help but think the same with shoespikes (typically I wouldn't associate cutting yourself, or penetrating sharp objects into as "sensible", but yet I do get pleasure from mild pain).

In your experience, is there a "safe length" that can penetrate the skin, or is it usually safe enough, as long as you keep within your limitations of tolerance? Also, what other situations/parts of the body could you recommend the use of drawing pins, as well as where NOT to use them (i.e. genitals, inside mouth, away from face etc)?

---

What I did was cut up two cardboard sheets into the shape of the shoe, then placed newly bought, flat-based drawing pins underneath, I refrained from tape as the shoes are still actively used. The pricks reached out for about 2mm after compressing so it was enough to feel the sharp points and light pain. However because it was my first time, I was afraid to attempt taking too many steps, or increasing the length of the spikes.

Any other tips that I might not have asked about are very welcome. I'd like to be as safe as possible when next trying this.
anna
Site Admin

Re: Any advice on drawing pins?

Post by anna »

Hawkward wrote:In your experience, is there a "safe length" that can penetrate the skin,
I would say that if it has penetrated your skin then it was to long. I would keep it long enough to cause discomfort but not long enough to penetrate. Penetrating the skin leads to a big number of health and sanitation issues that should be avoided at all costs. You do not need extreme discomfort to be extremely uncomfortable, moderate discomfort will grow on itself if you add some time into the equation.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
RADER

Post by RADER »

I would stay away from pins or anything that might puncture the skin.
A tack, even very short, can tear the skin if the pressure on the foot
slides ever so much.
I would use some uncooked rice; they are rounded, have some size to
them, enough for you to remember that their there.
Remember, Safety is the first thing to remember, and rice will give you
enough uncomfortable feeling, that you would think you where on pins
and needles. :idea:
Rader
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

That is actually incredibly reassuring - sliding was one of the concerns that raised to my mind (hell, even trying to remove said shoe alone causes enough friction as is), which was why I picked drawing pins with a flat surface, as opposed to the conventional brass-colour with a shallow bowl shape. Though this also leads me to why it seems more like a scenario you should fantasise, rather than put into practice.

Dried rice is something I want to give a go, as I've heard and seen it used in a variety of scenarios. My only thought it getting it at a decent price (I've never actually specifically looked for it at the supermarket), as well as the storage of it - or in other words keeping it from prying, or hungry eyes :D

I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I actually used to use an completely alternate shoe stuffing - plastic golf tees.
They came in a variety of sizes, and provided a nice concave shape. The tip of the tee was quite blunt as well, so provided the feet with good resistance, and a pain similar to walking bare footed on stones or gravel. The only down side with these however, is that shoes wouldn't last very long. Because of the constant pressure applied, it cause dents and damage to the shoes on the inside.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Rice is one of the least expensive food products on the shelf, at least here in the US. You can get a small box, which will last a long time for our purposes, since you will only need a few grains at a time. No special storage requirements, except to keep it dry. You can even cook some and eat it, so no need try and explain why you have it.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

I get paid this Monday, so I may look into a few things at good 'ole ASDA... :lol:

Though on the topic of discomfort, does anyone else know how you could cheaply make a day into town more discomforting?

I've tried small things, like a makeshift temporary chastity or diaper using a small towel and the tie from a dressing gown (tie to front, loop under legs and tie the rear), wearing it padded underneath with toilet or kitchen roll. Though I've kind of gotten used to it, and feels rather comfy now to be honest :?
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Hawkward wrote:I get paid this Monday, so I may look into a few things at good 'ole ASDA... :lol:

Though on the topic of discomfort, does anyone else know how you could cheaply make a day into town more discomforting?
go to your local homedepot or another DIY-dealer and look @ stuff you could use as a cockring.
heavy stuff preferred.
:twisted: :twisted:
[
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

ponylady wrote:
Hawkward wrote:I get paid this Monday, so I may look into a few things at good 'ole ASDA... :lol:

go to your local homedepot or another DIY-dealer and look @ stuff you could use as a cockring.
heavy stuff preferred.
:twisted: :twisted:
Heh, I'm sure that inside use it'd be ideal, but I wouldn't particularly use it on the go (also that's news to me... are you referring to certain metal hoops used for connecting things? In any case, the nearest DIY store (or rather, B&Q) from my home is about 16km away, or about a 20 minute train and 10-15 min walk...

The Route (from the train station I exit from)
http://i.imgur.com/pGFdI.jpg

Depending how the weather is keeping,I might take a little visit! :D
I would highly appreciate if someone could give me specific items to look for while there and not just "metal chain" or "padlocks" - I'm sure there's more than one type out there, some undoubtedly better than others.
lj

Post by lj »

Hawkward wrote: I would highly appreciate if someone could give me specific items to look for while there and not just "metal chain" or "padlocks" - I'm sure there's more than one type out there, some undoubtedly better than others.
One of the things about perving in DIY stores is to keep an open mind and imagine what things might be used for. A quick side-track as an example, Morrisons wer(are?) selling a set of three metal clothes hangers, each with a pair of skirt clips - adjustable in width, instant nipple clamps with attachment points, only about £1.50 for the set)

Metal chain, get something with a link about 15-20mm long, bright galvanised or painted, welded link. Heavier links are OK but may mark wooden floors etc as you shuffle around!

Padlocks, preferably go on the internet and buy a set of "keyed-alike" padlocks - I bought 10 for about £3 each for "25mm" brass padlocks which are about the right size, keyed-alike saves messing around looking for the right key, though that might be attractive in some scenarios :lol: - much smaller and they are less robust - if you want smaller, pay more to get better quality (I wouldn't want the one on my CB to fail in use :shock: ) "Master" brand seem to be quite reliable, in my experience, though there are others.

As someone else pointed out before I could, cable-ties are a good weak-link if correctly chosen for size/strength, and also a quick restraint though watch for skin damage with thin ones.

Not sure what PonyLady refers to for cock-rings, but I do know a Domme who kindly gave her sub a large padlock which when closed, "just" went round cock and balls so could not be removed by him without the key - not chastity as such, but a good reminder of who is in charge !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Home Depot and Lowes in the US, as well as most farm supply stores and hardware stores, sell solid steel rings in various sizes, which can be used as cock rings. Small ones go just around the head or shaft, larger ones around the cock and balls. They are found in the same aisle as the rope and chain. With a little rope or a leather strap, they can become ring gags as well.

Sets of locks are also available, same as LJ mentioned buying online. Velcro strips are available in many sizes (sold as tool hangers, cord hangers, and for other purposes.) There are also lots of spring clamps from small to huge in the tool section.

Farm supply stores and pet stores also carry an assortment of items that can be perverted. Pet collars are obvious, vet wrap (self clinging stretchy tape) can be used to bind, horse bits can be used as gags (carefully,most are solid steel). Some farm supply stores sell whips and crops, as well as electric cattle prods. (I don't recommend these!) Pet stores also sell various size cages, which can be used for the "locked in a cage scenes". Many of these are collapsible for easier storage, say under the bed, or in a closet.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

I've always associated farms with kink xD - One of the scenarios I've always dreamt about was being tied to a cylindrical bale of hay/straw, since they can be quite tall depending on the baler. As for pet stores... I'll keep an eye out. Sadly I'm not looking into anything like gags, collars or cages or anything extremely DIY just yet (i.e. bondage benches, hinges for hanging on, etc). Rather, I'm mostly looking for just rope (to upgrade from shoelace), padlocks and safely sized metallic rings. Though the browsing experience will definitely prove useful!

In fact, now that you mention it, referring to my map before...
http://i.imgur.com/pGFdI.jpg

If you look carefully, there is a MASSIVE Pet and a DIY store right beside each other!... I wonder how coincidental that was :twisted:

Thank you all for your great advice so far guys (and girls)!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Hawkward wrote:
I would highly appreciate if someone could give me specific items to look for while there and not just "metal chain" or "padlocks" - I'm sure there's more than one type out there, some undoubtedly better than others.
take a look here:

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=1112
[
Hawkward

Post by Hawkward »

ponylady wrote:
Hawkward wrote:
take a look here:

http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=1112
Unfortunately I'm just back from my trip there, though I really love that contraption of yours! That must have been quite thrilling despite the pain.

During my visit, I failed to contact the staff about my I was exhausted and breathless from the underestimated weather. However, even though I didn't see what I was looking for - despite all the helpful signs, I managed to find other useful items that with experienced hands could become a work of art (i.e. plumbing, various hardware etc).

The only purchase I made today was 15m x 4mm of Guyline Rope using pitching a tent as an excuse. It's split into 5x 3m lines and a lot thinner then I'd have hoped (was aiming towards 8mm), but since I've been taking care using shoelaces in CBT, felt happy to purchase it, at least to try it out due to its low price (£1)

http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/index. ... googlebase
Boundtoplease

Post by Boundtoplease »

I've tried small things, like a makeshift temporary chastity or diaper using a small towel and the tie from a dressing gown (tie to front, loop under legs and tie the rear), wearing it padded underneath with toilet or kitchen roll. Though I've kind of gotten used to it, and feels rather comfy now to be honest :?
Try adding this simple but very effective idea, the night before you go to bed eat something like a curry or whatever, the more spicy the better, something that you will be glad to flush down the loo in the morning but, wipe your backside around the outside of your cherry but do not wipe your self properly. Now fit a diaper along with a couple of pairs of tight plastic pants just to heat you up a little, now put on some brand new expensive jeans over the top, use a heavy chain around the waist and lock the zipper to the chain, the chain will be tight enough so the jeans cannot be pulled down, put a small handful of rice grains in a pair of boots and lock them on with no socks (or tights you naughty girl :mrgreen: ), usually a tight chain around the ankle with a good padlock will prevent you getting the boots off. Now leave the keys at home and taking only enough money to get a single bus ride around about two hours walk from your home , now go on your journey. Within half an hour or so the sensitive tissues of your arse are going be getting quite irritated by the residue of your previous night, it might be a very small amount but it will be enough to be quite uncomfortable. By now the bus will have taken you a long way from home, start walking back, within around thirty minutes your arse will be so sore you will not want to take another step, you cannot remove the jeans and the rice in the boots will be very painful, you still have another hour and a half walk, the friction in your arse will have it burning real nice the further you walk, now the public loo may have some ice soothing toilet roll but do you rip your expensive jeans and remember you still have to walk home..........off you go now and NO CHEATING, no keys no extra money, no cutting tools.

BTP
Life is way too short, so whatever floats your boat..............do it and do it now!