Good Release Device! Take A Look

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
DanSB123

Good Release Device! Take A Look

Post by DanSB123 »

THIS IS NOT MY DESIGN, I TAKE NO CREDIT WHAT SO EVER FOR THIS But Please Enjoy

Materials needed for the powr:
- Big plastic soda bottle
- Small soda bottle
- Paperclip

How to put the powr together:
1) Cut the big bottle in two parts, making sure that the bottom part is somewhat taller than the upper part
5.jpg
5.jpg (7.92 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
2) Pinch a tiny hole in the cap of the big bottle, using for instance a needle

4.jpg
4.jpg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
3) Now take the small bottle. Cut it in half so that it will fit into the bottom part of the big bottle. This will be used as a float that will eventually trigger the release.

3.jpg
3.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
4) Take the paperclip and straighten it out. Attach it to the cap of the small bottle in such a manner that the paperclip can still be tilted up and down. (Use a piece of wire, rope, ...)
2.jpg
2.jpg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
5) Now make a hole in the wall of the big bottle for the paperclip to fit through. This hole should not be tight.
1.jpg
1.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
6) There you go! Fill the upper part of the big bottle with plain tap water, slide your keyring over the paperclip, hang the powr to your ceiling, tie yourself up and feel powrless

The above one released the keys after 3 hours, but the time can easily be adjusted by varying the size of the hole in the cap. You could make a series of different caps and label them. Put them in the closet, and you'll have them available at any time.

Be sure to play safe and share your experiences!
Tie Me Up Bitches. :gag:
Jadit

Re: Good Release Device! Take A Look

Post by Jadit »

I could swear i've seen that on this site before... Well, the images are very small and i don't understand the idea. How does the key drop from that thing, what is the chain reaction as a whole?
DanSB123

Post by DanSB123 »

i seen it and copied for further use and thought id post it on here :)
and well when the drips down from the top water container, it makes the smaller bottle float therefore making the pin become horizontal and then is starts facing down, hence your key falling of, if that makes sense, i find it hard to explain :') sorry haha :)
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

I see, so small bottle-end is a floater. Well... yes, even a broken plastic bottle may float when it's completely submerged in water. I would try to find something more reliable though, like a small plastic ball filled with air. A pingis ball maybe, tennis ball is bit too big.
DanSB123

Post by DanSB123 »

yeah that i suppose a ball will be a lot more reliable, will have to try this haha!
Rubberpig

Post by Rubberpig »

Why not keep the small bottle in one piece.
I think this would be a safer way, because the "float" is a closed air filled body.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

as long as the small bottle is impossible to flip over inside the large one, it is equally as safe as a closed item.