Selfbondage with segufix

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
twistersam

Selfbondage with segufix

Post by twistersam »

Always wanted to do selfbondage using a full segufix restraint set. Unfortunally the magnetic key always had to be in hands reach, since it is metal it isn't a good idea to freeze it so I came up with the following:

The release key is connected to two chains, one chain is connected to one of the wrist cuffs, the other chain is connected to an electro magnet. Both chains are about 40 cm long. The magnet is placed on a metal surface that is some disctance casuing the release key to be out of reach. The electro magnet is powered by a countdown timer (I uses a 2 hours max time countdown timer, but for longer sessions you could also use a normal timer) and when it reaches 0 the magnet is switched off making it possible to get the release key (just pull the chain up).
The electro magnet I use is powerfull enough so it won't let go of the metal surface it is connected to once power is on.

It is safe as well, if the power might fail, the electro magnet switches off making it possible to get the release key.
Sir Cumference

Re: Selfbondage with segufix

Post by Sir Cumference »

And if the timer freezes?
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
gemt

Post by gemt »

A magnetic lock is ok, unless it somehow freezes in the on position. A cascade of timers helps reduce that risk.
Personally I use a packet of cheep own-brand batteries to directly power a magnet. The batteries will only last for a few hours at these high drain rates.
You should put a hard non-magnetic shim between the key and the magnet, and add a weight to the key, or it can get held there with latent attraction.

There are a number of ice-based locks that don't rely on freezing the key inside the lock, but use an inaccessible high point instead. The dripping sock is often mentioned in these parts.
twistersam

Post by twistersam »

the double timer is a good idea for extra safety, as are the use of batteries (but they limit the time you want to spend locked since the run out of power)