Just one second of non thinking

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
chase62

Just one second of non thinking

Post by chase62 »

hello all kinky friends
Just want to share with you a story about how fast it can go wrong and hopefully make you think again before you let the last lock, go through.

I shall be well to add that I am not a beginner have been doing selfbondage in over 30 + years and know what I'm doing.
The day it went wrong, I would just try a new twist on a old scenario with that I sit on the floor with legs drawn up toward my chest then do I place a long steel bar under the knees then I locked down my wrists in front of my shins with steel handcuffs.
This particular scenario have i done many times before but never with steel handcuffs I use my beloved leather shackles with a short chain between the cuffs there are never any problems getting loose, but now that I had locked down the last wrist, I felt immediately that this was tight very tight.
Immediately felt that now I have problems trying unsuccessfully to unlock the shackles tried to loosen the steel rod with no success.
Problems big problem sweat began breaking out all over me but after about 30 minutes I managed to unlock the hand shackles with very shaky hands puhhhh.

What do we learn from this?
Consider both two and three times before testing a new scenario then you going to think it through the whole at least two more times.
Looking back, I discovered that I am not 20 years young and after two back surgeries, I am probably not so nimble as I thought.
But above all, I learned that I still must learn me new thing.
So please be careful.

chase :hi:
a chastised man equals one happy lady
lj

Re: Just one second of non thinking

Post by lj »

A very useful warning !

From my own experience, both wearing and applying steel handcuffs, they are really only suitable for simple (and very effective) restraint. When used in any position where the cuffs are under tension or pressure, they become very uncomfortable and can easily cause nerve problems. These problems may not be permanent, but can make the hands far less dexterous and make a simple release far more complicated or even impossible.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
chase62

Post by chase62 »

So true lj
Personally I think the risk of errors increases with the habit of you think you know everything.
And in my case so I changed just like my regular leather shackles against steel ditto, and only that small change was about to end badly just because I have not thought about it.

CaptainJoe

Post by CaptainJoe »

chase62 wrote: Personally I think the risk of errors increases with the habit of you think you know everything.
this is so true! When you're doing the same old stuff over and over again and just want to add some spice, it may be just the pinch of salt that ruins the dish. Especially handcuffs are nasty because the are so unforgiving.

If you want to repeat that scenario with handcuffs: try darby-style cuffs, preferrably with a longer chain. Unfortunately I have no idea where to obtain long-chain-darbies. Peerless-style with longer chain are no problem, but I think you would need (want) cuff-liners for your bondage-scenario.

Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
chase62

Post by chase62 »

Hey Captain Joe
No, I will not do for this particular scenario with steel shackles again.
Unless it would be a nice lady who put me in the scenario :whip:
No back to my soft comfortable and secure leather shackles