"Electronic Stocks" safety warning.

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
chicken_minute

"Electronic Stocks" safety warning.

Post by chicken_minute »

It occurred to me that it is very easy to switch the power on to the stocks with them in the "open" position, without having set the timer to switch off, or even to forget to plug in the timer at all! :shock:

Think about it: you've had a couple of drinks and feel like a session; you've plugged in the stocks and *click* locked yourself in... but there is nothing to switch off the power.... oops! :idea:

The place I live in uses metered electricity, so when the credit runs out, the power shuts off automatically. That is my safety back-up.

I still think it's a brilliant method of self-bondage, but do be aware of the risk.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Re: "Electronic Stocks" safety warning.

Post by curious_sb »

chicken_minute wrote: The place I live in uses metered electricity, so when the credit runs out, the power shuts off automatically. That is my safety back-up.
Haha metered electricty can have its benefits I guess. Thanks, that is such a sweet tip, unfortunately we are pemanently connected so.....something to bear in mind I guess.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I added a warning about this in the description. Thank you for bringing it up.
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

Thanks Curious, and Anna :)

I ordered a magnetic door retainer today, and I'm hoping to put a frame together on the weekend.
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

I have seen so many of you post this. I simple must goto my hard were store and buy one. I wonder how much they cost in canadian? Anyways ill find out by and make one. This place has really great ideas :D :lol: :D