Backup release? But...

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Backup release? But...

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I think a fire would invoke fear that focuses you. Ruining a carpet by spilling paint to get the key would keep me tied in normal cases, but if my house was burning, I would not care about the carpet, and doing so would permit necessary escape.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I think a fire would invoke fear that focuses you.
I once read of a disabled person who escaped a house fire through an effort that seemed impossible for him to do. The adrenaline makes you even more capable in an emergency.
Shannon SteelSlave

Adrenaline is fine, made free right in your body. But it can't be a back up release. If you truly made something inescapable, you would just be writhing and struggling about in a snit as your desperate situation runs its course. Just lookin' out.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Adrenaline is fine, made free right in your body. But it can't be a back up release. If you truly made something inescapable, you would just be writhing and struggling about in a snit as your desperate situation runs its course. Just lookin' out.
You are right. Adrenaline cannot replace backups, it can even be detrimental if you don't stay cold-blooded and panic.
It cannot be said enough: provide an easy and fast backup if you are doing selfbondage :!:
Natybound

Post by Natybound »

kinbaku wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Adrenaline is fine, made free right in your body. But it can't be a back up release. If you truly made something inescapable, you would just be writhing and struggling about in a snit as your desperate situation runs its course. Just lookin' out.
You are right. Adrenaline cannot replace backups, it can even be detrimental if you don't stay cold-blooded and panic.
It cannot be said enough: provide an easy and fast backup if you are doing selfbondage :!:
Totally agree. Like Anna said in her post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3 Safety First!!! :)
Shannon SteelSlave

Safety can be a tough topic to agree on, given everyone's unique risk assessment views and willingness to accept risk factor. I don't mind a good discussion about it, and there can't be enough said to promote it. It is good to see this part of the board showing life.
👠👠