wooden bondage shelf

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
bravo22

wooden bondage shelf

Post by bravo22 »

Hi guys (and gals)

Since I moved into my new appartment, I've been building some of the furniture for it. I started with an end table, then a writing desk, and then a TV stand.

I think for my next project I'd like to build a slave kennel or box which (to anyone else) looks like a simple, wooden shelf. Are there any major pitfalls or safety issues I should be aware of when designing this?

Airholes? structural integrity?

splinters?

measure twice, cut once?
ruru67

Re: wooden bondage shelf

Post by ruru67 »

bravo22 wrote: I think for my next project I'd like to build a slave kennel or box which (to anyone else) looks like a simple, wooden shelf. Are there any major pitfalls or safety issues I should be aware of when designing this?

Airholes? structural integrity?

splinters?

measure twice, cut once?
All of the above. Particularly airholes. Heat exhaustion can be a killer (you'll tend to get some gas exchange through the doors, even if they're well made, so oxygen is actually less of a problem).

Emergency escape is another one. It depends how you feel about it, but it may be worth having at least one panel that could be kicked out in an emergency, otherwise you'll need more elaborate fail-safe escape mechanisms.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ruru67 wrote:so oxygen is actually less of a problem
Yes, it is, and even more so is carbon dioxide. Even if there is a small exchange of air, CO2 will build up, particularly in a small space. Don't be shy with the air holes. They put them in containers for animals, so they should also apply to humans.

In a case like this, it's better safe than sorry. You only have one chance to find out if you're wrong - and no chance to correct the design.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
KyBlue

Post by KyBlue »

If you don't want a bunch of Air Holes, you could always use a couple small fans, like those out of desktop computers. They move quite a bit of air, and while the ones in my desktop sound like I'm standing on the Runway of LAX ... they do have quiet ones.

Might want to consider a CO2 detector if there is ever a possibility of leaving somebody unattended (like over night).

Don't forget the photos!
restricted

Post by restricted »

Personally I would have the ends of the box made of zinc (insect stoppers on air vents for instance) or steel with holes driled in it. But there would be a slot at each end so when the lid is up a panel of wood could be slotted in to cover the metal. With the lid down it will look like the whole box is of wood. When you have someone in there leave the panels out so air can get in from both ends. The prisoner could look out if on their stomache, but no one would be able to see in.

I have had computer fans pack up.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.