Long time / Sleeping with corsette?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Jadit

Long time / Sleeping with corsette?

Post by Jadit »

Is it safe to sleep or spend many hours with corsette or something else tightening your waist? In my case it's latex dress but basically almost the same thing. It's tight in the top body too especially if closing the zipper.

So, i was gonna try sleeping with this on:
It fits my male body (L size) but i don't usually, and not this time either, close the zipper. Little more breathing room.

I had 2 cups of coffee many hours before, and don't know if that did it but i really couldn't sleep. A couple times i felt weird like i'd be about to fall to sleep/doze or something, but my mind just kept me wake. Can breath calmly and somewhat easily but of course there is a little elastic pressure on the waist. I undressed it soon after and went back trying to sleep which actually didn't happen. After lying around till 6am, played some games and went really sleep again during daytime :oops:

I'm guessing its not a problem daytime using it for hours, but sleeping i'm not sure of. Will the automatic breathing functions take into account increased pressure? I'm almost sure that heat wasn't issue, i wasn't even swetting.
tiemeupalso

Re: Long time / Sleeping with corsette?

Post by tiemeupalso »

sounds like you were too turned on to sleep.
it happened to me the first time i slept in bondage
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Basically, tiemeupalso summed it up: distraction.

It was exactly the same for me when I started to wear a corset (a real one, tight and not elastic) regularly over five years ago, for waist training. Basically, it was too distracting to sleep with the thing on - by distracting I mean arousing. So I went slow at the start, a few hours in the evening before bed, and I took it off for sleeping. About six weeks into my training, I fell asleep in it, while watching TV. Wearing it was routine by then, and I was really tired too, which probably helped. I dozed off around 10 pm and woke around 1:30 am, none the worse for wear after being tightlaced for about seven hours or so. I took it off to sleep the rest of the night off - since I was working the next morning and I didn't want to risk being too tired. I resolved to try a full night the next weekend, and it worked! Since then, I have been sleeping in it every single night.

So it is quite safe to sleep while wearing a corset or any other waist-trimming garment. For that matter, wearing it 23/7. Remember that ladies did that all the time back when it was fashionable to wear a corset.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Thanks for the tips.

But what about the top body? I have only 2 times, 1-2 hours each, pulled the zipper up.

I tried to find something with google still not 100% sure. What i read the waist corset has even beneficial health effects for back, and that some corsets do go little higher for breast level... But what i mean the zipped latex dress pinches under armpits that is even higher? But i feel lot more confident using it now.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Corsets are definitely good for the back - before I started tightlacing, I had periodic back aches that could take me out of commission for up to two weeks. No more! :D

Yes, there are corsets that go up to the bust, but that's for support. What do you think we had before someone invented the bra? Believe me, a good overbust corset has much better bust support for my twins than any bra!

As for above the bust, that's beyond normal corset territory. When you mention "pinches", does that mean some kind of actual pinching or just tightness? If the former, that's a comfort issue, but if the latter, it's just distraction. If you want to wear it for sleeping, try getting used to it in your waking hours.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

It's so that it makes me want to take deep breath more, not in hurting way.

edit: Maybe worrying too much. Now that i actually put it on again with zipper its not really even causing deep breath effect, and that's right after small dinner. But damn it makes me feel so aroused :twisted: Its like caressing your entire body the same time.

When at home, naked with just this on for the next 3 summer months... going with that plan maybe. I'm sure there'll be some days slipped though. Have gotten better at dressing it up, and i'm not using any kind of powders or glide things to help it. Zipper is the hardest part. Can't wait to get in shower with it later today.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Time passed again and here we are. Didn't go with any plan, as guessed... But what i have done a few times is being in and even sleeping with it while its zipped up fully. Some sort of self control for eating and weight gain is important, so it doesn't really stress me much more than a normal shirt. Obviously it sticks tight to skin and feels so awesome.

But i had a small "accident" couple days ago when sleeping with it on. The shoulder straps were on too tight, pressing downwards with high pressure. After many hours like that it caused skin to "melt" under the straps on both shoulders :( Basically it was similar to something you'd get on your feet after walking for extremely long time; "watery bubble" and loose skin on area about size of half of a smallest coin.

Anyway, i gently popped bubbles, washed and put bandages on them immediately. Left shoulder is already healed but right one is taking a bit longer, meaning it hasn't grown outer skin layer completely. Water bubbles are gone.

So, even this could have been avoided by wearing it a little higher so there wasn't pressure anywhere. Just for heads-up, latex seems safe for long periods otherwise. It does cause swetting inside it.

In other plans, i do have to get a real corsette and soon :twisted: