Latex and Inflatable Gag, Maybe not a great Idea

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
JennieRennie

Latex and Inflatable Gag, Maybe not a great Idea

Post by JennieRennie »

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting although I have been a avid reader of these forums for a long time. I have been practicing self bondage for over six years now and have gotten quite the collection. I'm posting now because I want to warn everyone of the dangers of SB. Thankfully there are already hundreds of posts like this, however, prior to today I never took them to heart. If you get anything from my story I just want you to know that everything has a chance of failing, handcuffs, release methods, etc, so when you do close that lock you could potentially be locked for good. It's not exciting as it sounds.

Anyway, my scenario included getting all dressed up, tossing a key, and retrieving it. Pretty simple, Right? I have a very messy room with clothes everywhere so I figured It would take me some time finding the key being blindfolded and handcuffed.

I wore my latex catsuit, with both plugs in, latex arm length gloves, and a latex hood. I'm a very large latex fan, maybe not so much anymore though. I wore ballet knee high boots, put in earplugs for some sensory deprivation, a blindfold, a 5" posture collar, and lastly an inflatable gag with lockable straps.

After putting on all my equipment I could only breath through my nose, the gag completely filled my mouth and the collar restricted me from being able to turn my head. I strapped two belts, one around my knees and the other around my ankles, further restricting my movement. The collar was locked on with a padlock, and all that was left was my pair of handcuffs. At this point I double locked my hands in the handcuffs behind my back and quickly tossed the key before I decided to back out and uncuff myself. Probably not one of my best ideas because quickly i discovered how uneasy it was to move about. I couldn't look behind myself because of the collar, and my hands were locked behind my back in latex gloves so it made feeling for the key almost impossible. I couldn't get on my knees due to the belts. Upon this realization I begin to panic a little, over the past six years I had always been able to get out of any scenario early due to a loose rope or contorting myself another manner. However this time, only the key could release me. I had no back up release, the only salvation was my roommate who was out and wouldn't come back for several hours. I began frantically squirming about trying to find the key, I had a relative idea where it was because I faintly heard it hit the wall. Knowing the vicinity didn't help, all my clothes on the floor gave infinite areas for the key to have landed. Being bound and blindfolded I couldn't accurately sort through all of the crevices. There was also the possibility that the key may have landed in a hamper and it would be impossible to retrieve. I began to panic, my heart starting beating very fast, the latex made me hot and sweaty and my breathing became erratic. The inflatable gag only allowed me to breathe through my nose and I wasn't getting enough oxygen. What didn't help matters was I had gone out the night previously and was battling a hangover, so I was already dehydrated. I became very dizzy and it crossed my mind that I may feint in this position.

Luckily, the gag strap was made of rubber so contorting my body I was able to grab the inflatable bulb at the end of the gag and yank it hard enough to pop the gag out of my mouth allowing me to breathe. The gag was still locked but now was only halfway in my mouth, I could breathe, but it was still a struggle.

I decided I would try sorting all my clothes on that side of the room by shaking them to release the key and tossing them across the room to another pile of clothes. I figured eventually it would fall out, or at least I could move it all and be able to find it on the ground. After what seemed like an eternity of going through each article of clothing I had finally moved all the clothes out of that side of the room. I felt around... no key. The idea that the key was still in one of the clothes that I sorted crossed my mind. If that were the case I would not be able to find it. I had used all my strength sorting the clothes, I could feel myself becoming very dehydrated in the latex. I laid down and gave up for the moment to rest, contemplating on which action to take. After several minutes of deliberating, I knew there was nothing left to do but wait for my roommate to come back - I had no idea how long it would be. Thought arose in my mind... What would she say when she found me? What would I say to get her to come into my room? My door was locked, how would she get in?

I wiggled my wrists trying to slide them out of the handcuffs. It was a dumb idea as these were police style handcuffs and were on way too tight to slide off. At this moment I knew I would have to wait. With my last ounce of strength I pulled my wrists away from each other against the handcuffs hoping that some miniscule chance the handcuffs would break. Nothing. Of course they wouldn't break they were steel handcuffs! Once again though I mustered my strength and tried... snap! My right handcuff came undone. I was finally free. Who would've thought at that moment my police style handcuffs would break?

I took all my gear off and was dripping in sweat, my latex was full as well. I investigated the handcuffs and they still functioned, however, I will be throwing them out and getting a new pair or another device more suitable to SB. I looked for the key and as I assumed the key was stuck in a wadded up t shirt with the other 'sorted' clothes on the opposite side of the room. It would've been very hard to find, if I had continued searching.

As I was stating earlier, I hope this will help someone to avoid the same mistakes I had made. Handcuffs can be very naughty and fun but are also very dangerous as they are for the most part inescapable. I love gags :gag: especially my inflatable one, but I will never use it again in a situation where I cannot remove it quickly. Being locked in long sessions is very enticing but not practical alone, especially against circumstances beyond your control. Remember to plan, test, and retest your release methods and not make them spontaneously. This is your life that could be in danger!

Thanks for reading! Have fun getting tied up!
bound_jenny

Re: Latex and Inflatable Gag, Maybe not a great Idea

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience. Maybe this story will help a few others to take notice of the value of proper planning and make sure that SB remains what it's supposed to be, a pleasurable experience.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

That was painful to read :? Obvious mistake with the key, but i can't leave breathing to nose alone myself. A simple sneeze added to normal flu can make it bit hard to breathe.

But i didn't expect your handcuffs to break like that... I have never bought police quality yet but what i have tried always breaks. Another annoying thing is the little switch at the side that lets them open without a key. The current ones i bought were cheapest ever but tried anyway. I taped up the switch so that i can't use it without scissors, but the key hole in those is tiny and tricky that if placed in hand wrong way could not be opened. Some layers of tape at the inside to more ensure that the metal parts don't move that much off the locking mechanism and snap open when pulled.

About key, i might recommend putting it hanging from a string. That could have some frozen ice to let if fall reachable in time. But at least you'll know that no matter how much you wriggle around, the key can reliably be found.
lj

Post by lj »

Jadit wrote:Another annoying thing is the little switch at the side that lets them open without a key.

what little switch ?

the only way to open mine is to use a key (or pick the lock)
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

That switch:
http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/phrase/1 ... cuffs.html
Basically 90% of all handcuffs have it nowadays, from any common internet stores.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

REAL handcuffs do not have that, only "toys"
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
lj

Post by lj »

cdinbonds wrote:REAL handcuffs do not have that, only "toys"

that's what I thought :twisted:

the only parts of the locking mechanism are the key-hole and the double-locking pin-hole, once locked in and rathced closed there's no way out without the key!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

Jadit wrote:That switch:
http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/phrase/1 ... cuffs.html
Basically 90% of all handcuffs have it nowadays, from any common internet stores.
those are not real handcuffs.those are toys.
real cuffs do not have any release without the key
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

actually those are real handcuffs.

a couple of manufacturers used that lever-switch for a double-lock in the 60/70's.
[
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

ponylady wrote:actually those are real handcuffs.

a couple of manufacturers used that lever-switch for a double-lock in the 60/70's.
im not going to argue,but if you look at the pics the links in the chain arent even welded.they can be just pulled apart.
i have 2 pair of S&w mod 100 cuffs,and they are real.
Firebird12

Post by Firebird12 »

Upon this realization I begin to panic a little, over the past six years I had always been able to get out of any scenario early due to a loose rope or contorting myself another manner. However this time, only the key could release me. I had no back up release,
I'm sorry but when I read that I just expect you to be in trouble in this SB session.
Seriously? I'm not a really security freak in my SB, I kind of do the same as you : tie myself up and then think about the releases, but I still always know there is a way out somewhere.

According to what you say, "due to loose rope or contorting myself" that means you often get in trouble but are lucky enough to free yourself? And yet using uncuff you don't plan on having a spare key in an ice timer or another release method of your choice? That's not really serious :p especially when playing with breathing and things like inflatable gag + posture collar.

You're really really lucky to have your handcuffs weak enough to break at that time!!! :p
Meet me on Fetlife: http://fetlife.com/users/493442
Browse my kinks: http://astrion.tumblr.com/
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

the idea of an inflatable gag also gives me pause for another reason. i had an inflatable butt plug pop in my butt. it didn't hurt or anything, but it filled me full of air that i was farting out for the next several hours. i cannot imagine what it would be like to have a burst of air ram down my throat though. and if the mouth was full of spit yet to be swallowed that could be a choking hazard.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

solostill wrote:i had an inflatable butt plug pop in my butt. it didn't hurt or anything, but it filled me full of air that i was farting out for the next several hours.
:rofl:

Thanks for that. It was a much needed corset-splitting laugh after a horrid day. :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!