Be careful with handcuffs

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
boundmonkey

Be careful with handcuffs

Post by boundmonkey »

This is just my second post but I'm operating on the premise of better out than in.

I am quite a noobie to self bondage, with a decent collection of gear, a lot of free time at home and a wild imagination.
I love to plan things out meticulously to get maximum enjoyment but also to play safe.

One day, after many thoughts the days before leading up to it I just literally jumped out of bed mid masturbation and
started putting on locks and chains and ankle straps etc... so all was going great. I ended up as follows:

Thigh highs, ankles chained together with about 1 foot to play with (i had to go down stairs so this was ok).
15 pegs on my genital which were anchored to the horse in my bedroom by shoelace.
Locked on O ring gag.
Blindfolded with bondage tape.
Collar locked on.
Locked in vibrating anal harness with a blow up dildo pumped up to the max.
On my arms I planned putting on police issue handcuffs and my release method was throwing the key downstairs which in my
blind state would take some time to find. The added excitement was my girlfriend returning from works in a few hours.

So i threw the key downstairs but due to human nature and ears of all things I had a rough idea of where it had landed.

I turned on the vibrating anal plug, attached nipple clamps and locked my hands behind my back. Awesome, huge erection, heart pounding
you know how it is. So step one was to reverse away from the horse and pull off all the pegs. This wasn't as sore as I thought.
Now to traverse 13 steps blindfolded and chained. Again no problems. Although I won't be advising or doing this again. It's too dangerous.

Lastly to find the key. I admit I cheated, I had no shoes on so I felt around for the key and found it pretty quick. By this stage I was 10 minutes in.
As I knelt down to pick it up I slipped and my back hit the wall. The cuffs were the main point of contact. Not only did they dig into my back, but as i put them
on in such a rush I failed to engage the double locking and the one on my right hand was jammed shut on my wrist. This was sore and a bad situation all around.

My wrist was really sore. I panicked to my credit for no more than 10 seconds. But this seemed like a lifetime. I was thinking in my head - shit, if i dont get this off in the next few minutes I could loose my hand. I understand some parts of the body die if restricted for more than 20 - 40 minutes
, not so sure about limbs or hands. I grasped around for the key and picked up a small piece of metal. Shit?! Was that not the key i felt with my foot. Panic again. But yet again I told myself, panicking will gain nothing but loose precious seconds and cause unrequired distress. So I calmed down and found the key. Unlocked my hand and just lay there for a few minutes.

I love self bondage more than ever. But this was my one and will be my only one - it will never happen to me moment. I am totally like that in all aspects of life. If it can happen, it probably will.

So be careful. An extra few minutes preparation or thought means you can play again tomorrow :)
lj

Re: Be careful with handcuffs

Post by lj »

a good examle of how easily things can go seriously wrong !

I have to say I'm very cautious in using handcuffs as they are totally unforgiving. I know that is one of the attractions, permanent inescapable restraint heralded by that ominous clicking noise as the ratchet takes up the slack :twisted: My (ex)play-partner loves handcuffs and I have to admit to rather liking them myself :) but I wouldn't use them for SB on my own. You did have your girlfriend as a back-up release, solo would be much more risky.

As to damage, I'm not an expert but I think the major risk is nerve damage. Handcuffs don't totally encircle the wrist because of their shape, so blood supply would not be stopped unless you were very unlucky. However, there are a lot of nerve channels through the wrist, and damage to these could be permanent in quite a short time, due to the concentrated pressure locally applied by the metal. This is one reason for not using them for any overhead restraint.

Of course the other simple, but unfortunate, mistake to make, is snapping them on with the keyhole facing you and away from the reach of your hands :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
boundmonkey

Post by boundmonkey »

Yes, in my defence - I had a human backup and I also practised unlocking them half looking in a mirror, then blind a few days before.

But Murphys law was in effect!

The reason I posted, is because I tend to often throw caution to the wind and have a - that'll never happen to me attitude.
Well. It can and did.

I personally love the inescapability of cuffs, although I could probably pick them with a pin or paperclip even though they are police issue.
I'll definitely use them again, but I'll be more careful.
lj

Post by lj »

boundmonkey wrote:Yes, in my defence - I had a human backup and I also practised unlocking them half looking in a mirror, then blind a few days before.

But Murphys law was in effect!

The reason I posted, is because I tend to often throw caution to the wind and have a - that'll never happen to me attitude.
Well. It can and did.

I personally love the inescapability of cuffs, although I could probably pick them with a pin or paperclip even though they are police issue.
I'll definitely use them again, but I'll be more careful.

and the reason for my post, not to criticise you, because you were unlucky, but took precautions and had your back-up, but to underline the dangers posed by handcuffs. As you rightly say, it is very easy to get carried away by the excitement and throw caution out the window. HOpefully people will read your story and take note.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shamtom_spike

Post by Shamtom_spike »

Using handcuff can caused a damage to us because the blood cant rotate well to our body.
:P :P :P
Women can stand a beating except when it is with their own fallkniven knives.
sebastien

Post by sebastien »

Thanks for sharing your story. Another great reminder of simple things that can go wrong. I also like cuffs even though I've never even taken the time to buy a really good pair, but I have to admit having stopped using them when I'm by myself. I wouldn't trade my padded leather locking cuffs for anything now. :-)

I loved this part:
...I just literally jumped out of bed mid masturbation...
How many times does this lead to bad judgment? Don't get me wrong, I have done this as well, but I try really really hard not to let my excitement get the better of me. Yeah, it's cold and maybe not as exciting. In your case, you had to things working in your favor: a human backup, and you also said that you had thought of this scenario a lot of few days in advance. I find that I have taken worse decisions when overly excited AND improvising. Oh c'mon, you can take it a little tighter... :x

Call me a wuss but I'm also careful with blindfolds. I have done something similar to what you did, throw the key in a decent size room. But I didn't have a clue where it was. Wow, I was surprised by the amount of time I needed to find it. My "scanning" could probably use some work I guess :-)

Again, thank you for posting.