Latex Vac Bed

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
thedude

Post by thedude »

Grinser wrote:Btw, I have recently come across some video material from a Japanese (? I think Japanese, at least something asian) website and they used a vacbed with a hole for the whole face in it. So basically the person inside is covered completely with the exception of their face, which significantly reduces the risk of breath-inhibiting accidents. And it seemed to hold the girl quite well, too, so I do not think the functionality is impaired by the bigger hole.
Again, without wanting to advertise, go to www.cocoa-soft.net and try to find the video Vacbed 004, the preview picture shows the mentioned vacbed.
That'd work too, no doubt... and so the only problem if modifying your own would be to make sure the cut edge is smooth (melt it slightly?) so it doesn't tear open under stress. The reason a face mask would appeal to me though, is that it'd cover me even further... something's.. just hot about not having any skin exposed to the outside.

Also, no disrespect to the Japanese, but I've even seen a clip of a girl tied down on some astro-turf naked while a bunch of puppies were let loose to lick at her (and one went right for her bits). You can't knock the country that invented Shibari and Nyotaimori, just pointing out that nothing surprises me coming from them anymore. ;-)
phillybondageguy

Re: Latex Vac Bed

Post by phillybondageguy »

I am thinking of building a SB vac bed. If anyone wants to come over and try it out when done send me a massage. From what i have read from various sources the biggest danger is suffocation. If i had a partner i would love to have just a small breathing whole, but for sb it think it is crucial to have open face or open head. Use of multiple timers can eliminate the vacuum wont shut off problem. You could also hook the vacuum to a ups. When the ups runs out of power the vacuum shuts off. There is no way the vacuum could run to long there since the battery will eventually die. At this point we would be limited to injury related to positioning or cramps, maybe a broken bone if leg is positioned really badly, but not death. My main concern its the rumor about vacuums spontaneously combusting. I thought in this day and age they have safety that will shut them off if they get to hot. Is that incorrect? I would imagine if the vacuum caught on fire it would loose suction. In this case maybe lengthening the hose will give you a chance to get out before the fire is really raging. i would think with the appropriate planning, open face or head and proper use of multiple timers it should be as safe as many other type of sb. Even something as simple as handcuffing your wrist....there is a chance u will trip and not have your hands to catch yourself. If you take the breathing problem out by keeping head exposed how is this any more dangerous?
ben63376

Post by ben63376 »

wow i dont think i could bring myself to do it before (i learnd not to trust electronic timers(for instec a alarm clock that NEVER GO'S OFF!!!) and if something can go wrong it will for me(im the one in the truck that has 10 ropes around a fridge) ) but i actually feel better about it now seeing what you said, the one with the hole for your head would be cool you can look down on your body but cant move :D but i do see the danger still
about your vac, you can get a longer hose for it and put it in another room, im sure you can buy one especially if it's shop-vac brand, i think theres a web store for there stuff
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

Even quieter if you have a central vac and the power head is in the basement or the garage. Many of these also have a muffler so they run quiet.

I agree that heat is a problem and finding a vacuum with a separate cooling fan would be helpful. If I remember correctly once the motor has evacuated the air from the line the motor actually runs under less strain (no longer has to move the air) the motor speed actually increases when as the vacuum increases. The lack of air flow for cooling would be the negative if the unit depends on it (vacuum air flow is through the motor).

Look for any specs that have the duty cycle mentioned. 100% would indicate it is made to run continuous duty.

The central vac motor assembly shows the separate cooling fan at the top of the stack. Vacuum is drawn from the bottom and evacuated to the side through the discharge pipe.
cv_motor.jpg
cv_motor.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Nater81

Post by Nater81 »

Hello, this my first time posting. Just want to say that I really enjoy latex vacbeds, I have had one for 6 years, and I only use it by myself. As much as I would love my wife to try it she isn’t really into it. I haven’t had a close call yet…I used to use a programable timer with worked very well, sometimes I would se the timer, climb in and the vacuum would turn on and I would be sealed in. My mind would be racing…did you set the timer correctly…..time would pass and the vacuum would still be going. But it would turn off, I was just enjoying it so much that time felt like it was going slow. I find it relaxing being in there, arousing to for sure. I just ordered a vac cube, it arrived a couple of days ago and I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I hope tonight will be the night. With my vac bed I can slide inside, pull the roll up part to the inside and roll it up from the inside, which works well. I have a wireless on/off switch in my hand to control the vacuum. Works very well too. Generally by the time all the air is sucked out the pressure from the latex actually presses the button in my hand and turns off the vacuum. But the vac cube I don’t think I can roll it up from the inside the same way. Any suggestions? Anyway, thanks for listening. Happy and safe vacuuming to all!!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, Nater
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, Nater81.

Maybe you can make a bowl the size of your fist. From a plastic bowl that you cut an opening into the shape of your wrist and soften the edges with insulating pipe material for full contact with your skin or the floor.
This means that your hand is completely blocked by the vacuum but can still move freely inside the bowl, making it possible to use the buttons of your remote control.
Nater81

Post by Nater81 »

Thank you, I am happy to have a place to talk about this kind of stuff. And that is a great idea to make a little bowl. Then I have a bit more control over the vacuum. Thank you.
Nater81

Post by Nater81 »

So I tried my new latex vac cube on the weekend. It was excellent. But it is hard to find a comfortable position. Once all the air is sucked out it’s really hard to relax and get comfortable. It is very air tight! Which I loved. It took quite a while for air to leak in so I could get out. I love latex vacuum bondage!!!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have never tried a vac cube, but i can imagine it would squeeze you pretty good before it has all the air out, since its stretching the latex from 6 sides vs 2 on a vacbed. i can get fairly comfy in my vacbed and vac sac, but it does pinch a bit. does your vac cube have a neck hole or just a breathing tube? my vac bed and vac sac both have a neck seal. i need to modify the neck seal on my vacbed so it is taller and will seal for longer. as it is, i can almost escape with the vacuum on. i plan to add 3-4" of latex to the neck seal to make the bondage last longer. :D vacuum bondage is THE BEST! one thing you could do to prolong the experience, is use an alternating timer to turn the vacuum on and off. have it set for say 20-30 minutes on and 1-2 minutes off. then have another timer set a definite time that it will power off the vacuum, say after 2-3 hours.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Balletslippers

Post by Balletslippers »

I love the sound of a Vac bed for self bondage, need to look into more I feel :twisted:

Ballet X