Balloon instead of ice?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

My 2 cents, stick with ice release as your main, I never had it fail me.
Cindy :?
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

I had to do it....
I got a happy birthday ballon.
Ok so what i did.
1.) Pinch off a SMALL part of the ballon
2.) In that small part poke a TINY hole

I got an hour of good fun. But as luck would have it it went to the part of the ceiling ontop of the bunk bed(guest room). And my left hand was chained to my ankles, but I had enough slack to inch my self up a pole on the side of the bunk bed. I was so friggen exausted from climbing. That I didnt bother waiting I just fliped on my back and grabbed the key and unlocked myself and came back here 8).

Hmm.... I got a idea for next time :twisted:.
Have the ice method but have the water going into a mop bucket. And being hog tied you would have to use your head to get the key. Plus a blindfold :twisted: . God I love this place.
If you dont get the idea here is a text drawing. (hope it works)
|
|
[ ] <- ice with key at the top of the bloc
make sure there is enough ice so you have to stick
your head in ice water.

O <-hog tied hands
\
\____o------\
======= (O ) <- head going into the bucket of water to get the key.
+ + | ? | <- bucket (? <- the key)

hmm... ill try this and get back you guys

Oh but my key is small,
Zxarr

Post by Zxarr »

Well, during the Independence Day in my country when I was a child - My parents used to buy me these helium balloons - Depicting different cartoon figures - Everything from Barbie to Tom & Jerry. I used to pretend it was an air balloon, and made a paperbasket in a thread beneat it - And used it to levitate different objects(Yes, it kept it's height) It lasted for about until sometime during nightime the same day, because next day - It couldn't lift the basket anymore.
Anyway, though bringing back memories - This balloons surely could be used to lift a small key. Anyway, as already mentioned - Balloons aren't really good as they are unpredictable(Though, isn't that what some long-session veterans like? :wink: )
Toszum

Post by Toszum »

Just to add my 2 cents:

Apart from the quite predicatble melting time there is anathor advantage to the icq method.

You can have an open window without your realese system floating away merrily towards the horizon.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Toszum wrote:
You can have an open window without your realese system floating away merrily towards the horizon.
:P :P :P :P

not that is a very good point, toszum.

of course the normal rubber ballons are unpredictable. no quality control @ all.

however, if you use a professional weather ballon with a regulated valve
diffunding of a specified amount of helium per second you have a very
reliable release method.

and of course, if you need to get out in a hurry, you can allways try to hit it with a metal tipped dart.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:and of course, if you need to get out in a hurry, you can allways try to hit it with a metal tipped dart.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Or a needle-sharp stiletto heel! :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
slobin

Post by slobin »

I have noted that the topic was in fact shifted from "safety" to "scenario". The very unpredicability of balloons make all the suggested methods unsuitable as safety measures, but excellent ideas for the scenarios (if only you will use some other safety escape).
stuy0000

Post by stuy0000 »

what if you were to put a tac on the celing and a key in the baloon. attach a string long enough that you can reach it and try to pop the baloon by finding the tack.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

If you can reach the string, you can just pull the balloon down and pop it with your hands, or on some other sharp object.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Maybe if you had to bop it up and down with your head? But in that case, you might want multiple tacks :wink:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

If you poke little pin pricks in the balloon you can regulate time.
mfx

Post by mfx »

With regards to rubber ballons, the reason they vary so widely is that there are generaly cheap and nasty ones, and more expensive "Helium quality" ones (e.g. Qualtex). If they are Helium quality it should say on the bag, the latex will be thicker and quality control over the thickness should be better but they will take longer to come down! Cheap and nasty ones will have varying latex thickness, could be thin, could be thick so unless you have a means to measure this (unlikely!) then it'll be pot luck as to how long they take to come down.
stuy0000

Post by stuy0000 »

cdinbonds wrote:If you can reach the string, you can just pull the balloon down and pop it with your hands, or on some other sharp object.
than connect the string to your gag and keep your hands cuffed so that you cant reach the string. mabey hogtied so that you have to drag the baloon around untill you find the tack. long crawl?