has anyone had experience with a soap gag?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
niborg13

has anyone had experience with a soap gag?

Post by niborg13 »

a soap gag= a ball gag where the ball is a piece of soap. could this be harmfull in anyway, apart from a bad taste?
Jadit

Re: has anyone had experience with a soap gag?

Post by Jadit »

From what i read, soap is commonly made of lye. You can read about that one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye
"Both solid dry lye and lye solutions are highly corrosive and will degrade organic tissue"

Answer would be pretty strict no. Soap is not safe to be eaten.
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

yeah, not recommended, even though the old threat goes that "i'll wash your mouth out with soap" washing your mouth out is okay so long as you arent just eating a ball of soap. traces still arent recommended.... :)
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Yuk and phooey. And since soap is a detergent and thus not food, it should not be ingested. Would you take a swig of dish detergent?

A friend's dog ate some soap a couple of years ago. It was sick for about a week and had diarrhea like nobody's business. Nasty. :shock:

But it did temporarily cure its dumpster breath for a while. :lol:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

Jadit wrote:From what i read, soap is commonly made of lye. You can read about that one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye
"Both solid dry lye and lye solutions are highly corrosive and will degrade organic tissue"

I didn't think they used lye in anything except "industrial" strength soaps nowadays.

Either way most common soaps act as a laxative in the digestive system, so I would say no.
lj

Post by lj »

soap as a gag is a definite no-no, for the reasons already stated.

If you want a bad-taste gag, why not try a peeled lemon or lime, or some very sour sweets trapped in a knotted stocking (ie half-way along the length, a knot either side of the "nasty") Whatever, make sure you have no restriction on swallowing as you will surely salivate a lot :shock:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
scarfbind

Post by scarfbind »

I get nervous at the idea of anything in the mouth that is intended to taste repulsive or cause stomach upset, unless you can get it out of the mouth instantly, should the need arise.

That said, I understand the appeal of it. I have had my mouth soaped while in bondage by another person, I hated it, it tasted awful... but it turned me on like hell too. And yes, I would do it again, knowing I am going to hate it just as much :evil:

If you are trying to work soap into a self-bondage situation, remember the soap doesn't have to stay in the mouth more than a few seconds for the awful taste and burning to remain. Maybe something like, having to retrieve the key by biting into, and holding on to, a bar of soap - if you want to make the effect more intense, make it a wet (hence slippery and very soft) bar, so you really have to work to get a hold on it. even if that gets you the key immediately, you're still going to be tasting that for a while! :oops:
not1975

Post by not1975 »

Jadit wrote:From what i read, soap is commonly made of lye. You can read about that one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye

Lye is a highly alkaline substance. It will corrode skin. Once lye is mixed with the glycerine and the fat, the resulting soap has a much lower pH and is safe to the touch.

This says nothing about the other effects of soap.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

not1975 wrote:
Jadit wrote:
Lye is a highly alkaline substance. It will corrode skin. Once lye is mixed with the glycerine and the fat, the resulting soap has a much lower pH and is safe to the touch.
to clear this up:

pH is a scale which determies the acidity/ alcality of substances.
the scale range from 1 (most acidic) to 14 (most alcalic) with 7 being the neutral ground (destilled water).

skin, for example has a pH score of around 5,5. making it slightly acidic. *this is what is referred to
when you read "ph-neutral to the skin" on soaps or cremes.

what you meant to say is not that the ph- score of the soap is lower as the score of lye, but that the resulting score
of the mixed substances results in a score that reflects less alcality.

hopes that clears it up, and concludes our chemie-lesson for the day.
[
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

ponylady wrote: pH is a scale which determies the acidity/ alcality of substances.
the scale range from 1 (most alcalic) to 14 (most acidic) with 7 being the neutral ground (destilled water).
Other way around. 0 = most acidic, 14 = most alkaline. 7 is neutral, or at least, the same as pure water (more or less; it varies with temperature).

Lye has a pH of about 13 (strongly alkaline). Making soap usually reacts pretty much all of the lye, so the actual pH of the resultant product depends on how well it's made and what else is done to it. It can even be acidic. Alkaline soaps tend to be better at dealing to grease, but the more alkaline they are, the more likely they are to cause irritations.

Skin as you say has a pH of ~5, making it slightly acidic.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

ruru67 wrote: Other way around. 0 = most acidic, 14 = most alkaline. 7 is neutral, or at least, the same as pure water (more or less; it varies with temperature).
oops, you're right.

guess 25 years removed from school can result in one mixing up his scales.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
[