Shoespikes

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Logrus

Shoespikes

Post by Logrus »

Have any of You ever tried shoespikes? It looks interesting, but I wonder how much real damage it can inflict.
I would appriciate any insights.
Logrus
I'm waiting for a rain
jake

Post by jake »

Sorry, I've never tried it myself.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I have not tested the shoespikes but it looks like it could cause some severe pain if done to severely.

Another way to do it could be to use the "rice tape" idea on your feet’s. Just exchange the rice with small metal screws (laying down!) or something else small and hard.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

I have experienced a single thumbtack impaling the sole of my foot. I tried to walk on it afterward but could not. I can not imagine any but the MOST hard core trying to do this one. I imagine that it IS possible to damage your Flexor digitorum longus or what ever other muscles there are in your sole. :shock: :shock: :shock:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

Needless to say anything non-sterile could put you at risk of various nasty infections and diseases as well. I had a tiny scrape on a knuckle a year or so ago that got infected and the infection started tracking up my arm. I had to get a course of antibiotics so I didn't end up dead from septicaemia. And I ended up with a hole in my knuckle that has left a permanent scar. :shock:
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

While I'm quite sure I am NOT infection proof, I have never had the misfortune to get a really nasty infection from some of the really fucked up gashes I've incurred over the years. :roll:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
latexandheels

Post by latexandheels »

When I was younger a friend of mine wanted to fake injury so he could go home early from work... My mom told him to put a small rock in his shoe... Well, it worked! He didn't forget to limp once!! LOL Maybe using pebbles might be a better idea?
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

anything in your shoes that should not be there is disturbing and hurting after some time.... 8)
(ever had a small piece of rock in your shoe? try it and don't dare to take it out :D )

But I'd never put something in that could penetrate the skin (although the feets' skin should be rather thick and strong)

I guess the point of shoe spikes is to make the wearer not go down on the heels / let his weight rest on the heels and so the wearer has to walk completely on the front part of the foot (pad or what it's called... my English vocabulary is not that big) making it more exhausting to walk and stand.... and at the same time looking strange to the unaware people ...

So I guess some pebbles would do the job but some nasty spikes will do for sure :twisted:
(I would round off/blunt the spikes so that the skin can't be penetrated...still it'll be painfull)
Not having tasted or tried it how can I dare to say I don't like it?
jake

Post by jake »

Small but hard bumps are all that is needed for severe discomfort, and will most likely lead to blisters if used for more than an hour (if walking aruond).
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

My two cents, dont do this with anything that draws blood, try the rice it works fantastic and can give you a lot of pain safely.
Sin :P
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Cindy123 said
. . . don't do this with anything that draws blood, try the rice it works fantastic and can give you a lot of pain . . .
Sorry to tell you this Cindy, but when I taped rice to my knees (see "Kneeling in Pain" in stories on Bound Anna, Main site) that time, it broke the skin in several places on both knees. While it didn't bleed like it might have with thumb tacks, there were red spots on the tape. :? Rice never made me wish I wasn't kneeling on it, until I knelt with it on concrete. :cry:
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Shoespikes give me the shivers, it's way too severe for me :)
I've tried rice taped on my knees, which was pleasantly uncomfortable, but I don't like the idea of anything that can puncture your skin, especially not for self-bondage.