Ring Gags instead of Ball Gags

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Sorry for not speaking from experience here but I thought this was a good place to highlight what FullSpectrum said in the gags poll, I also read on other self bondage sites that you should never wear a gag when you are self binding, as you could choke, or worse, be stuck in bondage for days if you cannot shout for help if you get stuck.

I have to commend him as I never thought that if your urges take you, and your needs must, a ring gag would be a much safer alternative.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

You are absolutely right, anything that blocks the mouth in any way is a risk. You never know what will happen when you are in bondage and you should always try to minimise the risks.

According to â€
neo

Post by neo »

Just to add to the EEK factor...

A few weeks back I had gastric flu. When I stood up to go to the bathroom to clean my teeth I felt a little weird. As I put the toothpaste on my brush I got a sudden hot flush. A few seconds later I was hurling in to the toilet bowl.
Not nice.
The point is, I felt totally fine up until a few minutes before I totally emptied my stomach (a theme I returned to for the next 12 hours!)
There is no way I would even consider a ball gag after that enlightening experience.
Usually I'm a "what the hell" kind of person, but the worst case scenario in self bondage is death, and it just takes one unforseen thing to go wrong. Personally I'd rather sit in cold puke for an hour with a ring gag on.

[Future posts will be much less gross!]
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Sometimes gross is the only way to say something. I have experienced the same unexpected and sudden sickness myself. It only took a few seconds from the first sign to when my stomach was empty. The trigger in my case was a sip of clean fresh water. However, looking back I remember feeling a little weak and tired before it happened so there was probably some warnings, I just never saw them. :shock:
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Thanks guys!

This totally backs up everything I was trying to say, even with one of those perforated ball gags (dribble gag??), if you get a sudden bout of projectile vomitting, it will fill your mouth and nose very quickly, and a dribble gag's holes will get clotted up with all the "bits" in your sick, so dont be fooled!

If you have no way of clearing your airways, you've got about 30 seconds before you fall unconcious, 3 minutes later its game over (not the scenario, I mean your life!!).

Ring gags are the perfect answer, as they actually hold your mouth open.

As neo says, I would rather lay in a pool of stinky vomit for an hour than to die in what could be the most embarrasing and indignified position / circumstances.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Gag Safty

Post by LoRee »

Being a former jump qualified member of the United States armed forces, I tend to equate the sport of self bondage (and I do consider this a recreational sport) with ski diving. There are obvious and inherent hazards to both. It is always a good idea to consider all of the risk involved and carefully choose just how far you want to go. As far as the Administrator and Moderator are concerned I tend to be on the reckless side of the sport. Where as I look upon it as being extremely adventurous. Novices should always go slow til you get the hang of what you are doing assessing each progressive risk as you go. The last two adventures I chronicled in boundanna I used an extreme mouth seal that would no doubt have killed me had I thrown up. What I did not state in those accounts were the precautions I took to minimize that risk. First, I try never to eat anything solid four hours prior to sealing my mouth shut like that. Second, I always purge, orally or anally in the from of an enema. While you can not choke regurgitating fluids you can still drowned as it only takes a cup of fluid in your lungs to do so. But it is possible to cough up ingested fluids from you lungs with such a restrictive gag in place. How likely that is to do is an immeasurable individual variable. It's like having the emergency escape key. If there is a fire and you have to get out, there is no guarantee you will not panic to the point you are unable to do so in time. But I never let such remote worries get in the way of my fun. I fully accept what risks are left after I do what I can to minimize what risk there is. Always be sure to check your chute before you jump and always have a back up.
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I try to use a ring gag or a whitehead gag when I practice self-bondage because I had a bad experience a few years back, I was with a friend of mine and he had me tied to a post on my knees so I could not move, I was using a ring gag at the time.
To make a long story short he wanted a little head and I could not stop his advances, he started to ram that cock deeper down my throat to deep and it was making me gag, my head was strapped to the pole and I could not move, I tried to get his attention but you know when men get to this level their cock does all the thinking, when he shot his wad, that made me start to upchuck (I could not breathe at this point) if he didn’t pull out when he did I know I would have died.
Breath play is exciting but please be aware in self-bondage situations it can kill.
That story is embarrassing to me but I felt you needed to hear what could happen even in a controlled bondage situation.
Cindy :oops:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Cindy123 wrote:I try to use a ring gag or a whitehead gag when I practice self-bondage because I had a bad experience a few years back, I was with a friend of mine and he had me tied to a post on my knees so I could not move, I was using a ring gag at the time.
To make a long story short he wanted a little head and I could not stop his advances, he started to ram that cock deeper down my throat to deep and it was making me gag, my head was strapped to the pole and I could not move, I tried to get his attention but you know when men get to this level their cock does all the thinking, when he shot his wad, that made me start to upchuck (I could not breathe at this point) if he didn’t pull out when he did I know I would have died.
Breath play is exciting but please be aware in self-bondage situations it can kill.
That story is embarrassing to me but I felt you needed to hear what could happen even in a controlled bondage situation.
Ya that does sound kind of dangerous actually, sounds like you'd have been better off there with a dribble gag. You should have also agreed a safe-word or in your case, action I don't know, like ring a bell or something, it must have been terrible if you couldn't get his attention.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I think in this case all I could say is glug glug glug, and for a bell I dont think the topper would even hear it. once a guy starts to get it on they dont hear anything.
Cindy :o
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
tyerrup

Cindy's story

Post by tyerrup »

I was just curious as to what the guy's reaction was when you told him how close you came to choking. Was he understanding or did he make light of it? And did you come up with a solution so it didn't happen again?

Also, what the heck is a "whitehead" gag? Is that like a jennings mouth spreader? I have been into bondage for 25 years and have never heard of a whitehead gag before.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Re: Cindy's story

Post by misQui »

tyerrup wrote:Also, what the heck is a "whitehead" gag? Is that like a jennings mouth spreader?
They're pretty much the same thing, yes.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

This guy was very sorry, and scared. I like the activity but ask any top to be careful and be aware of what they are doing.
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Nightguy

Post by Nightguy »

A bit gag can also be the next best thing to a ring gag, when it comes to safety.
It doesn't block your mouth all that much, yet it can still do its job.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I suppose the upshot of all of this is that it might be wise to have a quick and easy emergency release system in place whenever you use any kind of gag. I'm gonna sound like everyone's Mum here but, it's better to be safe than to be sorry.
TopBond

Post by TopBond »

Here is an idea of something you can do for "the feel" of a ball gag without it being un-safe or restricting breathing.

Step 1.
Go to your local sports equipment store and look for the white plastic "practice balls" in the golf section (you may find some larger ones near baseball equipment if you'd like something a bit larger)

Step 2.
Find a bit of rope

Step 3.
Fish the rope through the holes so that one end enters one side and the other end exits the other side.

Step 4.
Use a safe knott (like a bow-tie knott) to tie it to your head.

Step 5.
Enjoy the feeling and fantasy of being gagged without having to worry about that pesky "death" thing.

This works VERY well because it doesn't constrict your breathing and in the event of an emergency you can still scream for help ot bite the ball to flatten it to get out of your mouth. If my memory serves I bought a dozen last year for somewhere in the neighborhood of $5... golf is one of my many many past-times... whenever I can pry myself away from the office or my girl ;)

I hope that's helpful!