Another release device

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
tyerrup

Another release device

Post by tyerrup »

I was just looking at the drawing for the "alternative hogtie" in the LIGHT section of boundanna and had a thought. Does anyone have those small plastic, credit-card sized and shaped letter openers at work or home?

See Link:
http://www.office1000.com/discount/lett ... astic.html

See how the blade is protected? If you are using parachute cord(very good for bondage by the way) it is small enough that you could cut it with this letter opener by sliding the opener around the rope til it hits the blade and cuts it. Since the letter opener has a plastic body it would be easy to drill or punch a hole in the corner so you could hang it from a string. Of course, there would need to be some tension on the rope for you to cut it one handed, but that's why it would be perfect for cutting hogtie connecting cords.

Plus, you would have to work awfully hard to cut yourself accidentally with this, unlike with a pair of scissors or a knife.
jake

Post by jake »

Sounds great, but the ropes I use are too thick. :(
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

Sounds like a good idea. Feel free to test them out and let us know. As for the fatter rope (which I also personally favour), it's back to the good old EMT shears.
jake

Post by jake »

Also, I was always worried when I read stories about people's "safety knives" dropping next to them. I thought a knife falling next to your body CANNOT be very safe! I could just imagine a blindfolded person lying, waiting for their safety knife, when suddenly it falls in their eye... :shock:
slkdyk

Post by slkdyk »

The letter openers might be able to cut zip ties too....
Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment....
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

slkdyk wrote:The letter openers might be able to cut zip ties too....
ok, tie your self completly with no escape and test it. :twisted:
j/king
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

xatm092 wrote:Also, I was always worried when I read stories about people's "safety knives" dropping next to them. I thought a knife falling next to your body CANNOT be very safe! I could just imagine a blindfolded person lying, waiting for their safety knife, when suddenly it falls in their eye... :shock:
Eek!

But this sounds good.
a.rimsky

Post by a.rimsky »

Well, I have tried one release method once. I was on holiday and I lived in house of my uncle and aunt. They told me, that they go to theatre at evening. When they left house, I took screewdriver and relieved the doorknob on the bathrooms door. Then I denude and went to the small bathroom. I closed doors and let doorknob drop out. And then I had to wait in small, cold bathroom, until my uncle and aunt came home. And I told them, that I wanted went to shower.

Point is, that you can selfbondage yourself without dangerous of revelation.