Advice needed on circulation problems

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
lifer

Advice needed on circulation problems

Post by lifer »

I had my second real SB session the other day and had to use my backup release due to circulation issues in my feet. I guess I kinda freaked out once I realized I couldn't get in a position to releive the circulation loss in my feet.

I was in a position much like the sitting pee scenario (in the heavy section) on Anna's site (minus the shoes and the forced feed). My ankles tied to my thighs and sitting on a hard floor. The tops of my feet were against the floor as well. My hands were behind me with a rope ratchet and sock with ice and my nipple clamps (clover) tied to hooks in the wall in front of me.

I have no idea how much time had elapsed but it was less than an hour when my feet were (painfully) numb. I had moved a bit to releive one for a while but was unable to releive the other a short time later. I freaked out and used one of my backup releases (which was to rapidly jerk backwards and rip the nipple clamps off! OUCH!) to get free. :shock:

Okay, so I like a bit of pain but, I would like to be able to continue to use my feet (for walking and stuff...) Anyway, so my question is: What position would you recommend? Also, is this normal? Or am I just a wimp? ;-) I know I need to be punished for bailing on my scene, but i think i need to be more careful with the circulation part next time.

I was thinking of something like sitting on my ass with my ankles crossed and tied together in front of me. Maybe a spreader between my knees. That way, it would be a similar position but, as long as the ankle tie was loose enough, I would not have as much loss of circulation and I would be able to more easily correct it while not being able to escape without my backup.

I hope this is the right part of the forum for this. If not, feel free to move it or whatever.

Ideas? Suggestions? Punishments?
Life is what you make it.
jake

Post by jake »

i also worry about circulation problems.

I've freaked ever since I heard that if a body part loses blood supply for 20 minutes it dies. :shock: :shock: :shock:
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I have to say I laughed when I read this because it reminded me of an incident from my younger days (which, in fairness, wasn't even remotely amusing at the time). I'll not go into the details but I cut off the blood supply to my feet by accident. It can't have taken more than a minute or so to loosen the rope but somehow in the meantime I caused some nerve damage, I assume round my ankles rather than by the loss of blood supply to my feet. Basically, my feet were partly numb and tingly for several days afterward and I could hardly walk properly. Try explaining that one to the parents! :?
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

If its any consolation I had that problem too, in the same position (ankles tied to thighs). I tried it actually because I thought it looks interesting after seeing a similr thing on hogtied.com. The pain is quite unbeleivable, especially as it cuts deep into the thigh muscles and across the bone in the front of your shin. I only stayed in the position for probably five minutes at most. I wont by trying it again in a hurry.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I totaly agree, be extra careful when playing with rope, you pull to hard and the blood flow is cut off, thats why I use steel bondage, but you still need to careful, when i have a top its not a big deal, but self-bondage is a whole different thing.
Cindy :P
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM