Nipple Clamp Safety

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
iBorg

Nipple Clamp Safety

Post by iBorg »

After getting a set of clover clamps and modifying from holy 'ell tightness to comfortably snuck....need to pull the chain to ad a bit more pressure, I find myself wanting to wear them every day for at least a half hour. Of course, when I remove them, its holy 'ell in the pain department.

Anyway....how much nipple clamp wear is too much? What are the risks?

Thanks,

iBorg
onestrangeguy

Re: Nipple Clamp Safety

Post by onestrangeguy »

Interesting question. I'll be monitoring your replies too.

I might ask how you modified the clamps to reduce the tension?
iBorg

Post by iBorg »

Clover clamps have a piece of spring steel within them that provide the clamping pressure. I took a pair of very small needle nose (don't those sound like you ought to be able to have fun with them) and bend each leg of the wire in toward the center a slight amount. Too much and they'll be to loose. Too little and they may be "just right."

iBorg
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Thanks. I'll have to play with that.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I guess that just like anything where prolonged pressure is put onto the flesh, one just has to watch out that the nipples don't get inflamed. Rib training with corsets poses pretty much the same issues - sometimes persistent sore spots develop and then one has to back off the pressure to avoid inflammation, which can lead to infection if pressure continues to be applied.

A half hour or so a day shouldn't cause any problems. Just make sure that the "residual discomfort" :twisted: doesn't persist significantly longer than you usually feel it after you take the clamps off. In other words, keep an eye out for any unusual behavior.

Jenny.
iBorg

Post by iBorg »

Unusual behavior is my usual behavior. :hi:

iBorg
lj

Post by lj »

iBorg wrote:Unusual behavior is my usual behavior. :hi:

iBorg
why do I think someone is going to be wearing the clamps for just that bit longer... :twisted:
oldernewbie

Post by oldernewbie »

Just recently I have returned to selfbondage and have started some new activities including nipple clamps. I am using a scaled down version of japanese clamps using small bamboo skewers cut down to about four inches with rubber bands on the ends. The rubber bands are lightweight, only about 1/2 inch diameter. After a few sessions of a couple hours apiece I developed a blood blister on one nipple so I have softened them up a bit by wrapping another rubber band just around the tip of just one skewer as a buffer. That way they don't close all the way now. My nipples are pretty small which may be part of the problem. Anybody with small nipples have suggestions? Anybody get blood blisters? Thanks.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

No problems with blood blisters here. it definately sounds like something got pinched to tightly.
I've found clover clamps to severe for me.
I did find a cheap and easy substitute. Hair clips. The plastic kind with a spring in the middle, you squeeze the back end to open them. Mine have four little plastic fingers to hold the hair, or in mu case, the nipple. They come in all sizes. The samller the better I have some really tiny ones that aer about 3/8" and are just great. The old fashioned bobby pins work well too. :hi:
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

seriously? bamboo? thats the oddest substitute for nipple clips i've ever heard, but whatever, i honestly just think you can use many many different things to avoid the excessive pressure, clothespins for example, or as some call them, pegs.. anyway, there are many fantastic substitutes other than elastic bands and bamboo, as for the small nipples....try pinching a bit more flesh past the nipples when attaching, unless you are adamant that you just dont get the same rush, whereas, just tone down.
bobbi

Post by bobbi »

iBorg wrote:Clover clamps have a piece of spring steel within them that provide the clamping pressure. I took a pair of very small needle nose (don't those sound like you ought to be able to have fun with them) and bend each leg of the wire in toward the center a slight amount. Too much and they'll be to loose. Too little and they may be "just right."

iBorg
i loosened mine just by clamping them to the towel rack in my bathroom for like a week, which forced them to be maxed wide open. but i also live alone so i can leave stuff like that laying around.
Kronopticon wrote: seriously? bamboo? thats the oddest substitute for nipple clips i've ever heard, but whatever,
http://www.prysmcreations.com/bamboo_clamp_pairs.html

never seen these (or natural coloured versions)? i see them quite frequently in my random internet surfing. mostly on asian girls, but still. regardless i like mine better lol. i got these two different kinds:

Image Image

both of them really i can keep on for quite a long time, max half day if all i am doing is sitting around doing nothing like playing world of warcraft. if i am walking around cleaning though so the chain swings or have them tethered in whatever scenerio then its like an hour tops.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

Its now maybe over 2 weeks since i got clover clamps, and man are they good :whip:

Well, after first days long session i had darker spots on both nipples. It didn't look serious though they made skin in that spot slightly less smooth. After about 1 week of worrying how long they're gonna stay like that i noticed they can be simply scratched away, revealing healed skin under them so that's that.

I have kept them on even longer after that and i haven't got or seen any darkenings anymore. 1 thing i did though is little massage on them after use. I know it hurts a bit but that's more the reason and it propably eases the blood flow.

Now... after use your nipples are more sensitive to pain for days... and that is a turn on :gag: Next day you can try do something like putting small weight on the clamps and lock hands behind back. Go lie down somewhere (make sure you can get up) and put key on a table so its reachable. To reach the keys you will have to beat the pain or stop and put the weight down again on the way, but it is just a small relief. (Added challenge would be tying the key on a rope so you can't take it with you and lie down, because opening a lock behind back isn't usually fast)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

They are fun, aren't they? :twisted:

Try lightly grazing your nipples with a vibrating toy after you've had them clamped for a while (or just after taking them off, for that matter...). :shock: I know it gets my juices going... :D

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
lj

Post by lj »

as a lover of clover clamps (and nipple torture in generaL :shock: ) both as giver and receiver, some comments that I hope will be helpful

Bear in mind that prolonged use (of any clamp) will lead to de-sensitisation, at least that is the case in my experience. I'm not sure if it is reversible, as I've not refrained from such delights for any length of time :twisted:

If you are "excited" your pain threshold is higher than normal, so avoid getting into a situation from which you can't escape after an orgasm, when what seemed fun at the time suddently becomes unbearably painful. Actually this is great if you are the Dom(me) in a play situation, because you can do it deliberately (is there a REALLY EVIL emoticon ?)

Having clamps on in a hogtie - or any other chest on the floor position) - is particularly evil as the body pressure and movement enhances the effect of the clamps

Not so easily done with SB, but putting clamps on for a few minutes, then taking them off quickly, wait 30 seconds and put them back on, repeat as necessary *lol* has a very potent effect.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

lj wrote:Not so easily done with SB, but putting clamps on for a few minutes, then taking them off quickly, wait 30 seconds and put them back on, repeat as necessary *lol* has a very potent effect.
Yea, what I refer to as "chewing"...

I did come up with an idea for a torture chair that had computer controlled clamps.
It would need to have a sensor (a contact switch) to detect the chest...
Wide clamps that would cover a wide area of the chest, (to make contact with the nipple.)
Close on contact, then pull to test bite.
If it slips off, open move to chest, close, and try again...

Well, it was an idea...
(May try and see what it would take take to build...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...