Cuffs for wrist suspension

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
thedude

Cuffs for wrist suspension

Post by thedude »

This possibly might have gone in this thread, but I didn't want to hijack.

I just got my pair of [url=http://www.stockroom.com/Deluxe-Suspension-Cuffs-P2122.aspx]suspension cuffs
(Warning: Full female frontal, if you scroll down past the top picture) in the mail today. As you can see, they're designed to try and avoid a couple common problems that arise from wrist suspension as you might try it otherwise. First, with normal straight cuffs (assuming they're strong enough), they tend to pull towards the wrist and gouge into whichever side the D-ring is on, and usually pull the wrist at a funny angle. The same problem exists with rope cuffs (which I've done before), where the pull tends to draw the wrist into an odd position.

Let me state first that this might well be due to the cuffs being brand-new. The leather isn't yet very flexible, and I fully plan on updating this if they improve over time. That said, I'm fairly displeased with these. To test them, I ran a rope around the island table in my kitchen, and attached one cuff--then pulled against it. The result was that the middle buckle (in the top pic on the site, you can see one, two directly facing you--the one I mean is off to the right, slightly visible) brought itself UP to press against the meaty part of my thumb/hand. It's also hard if you have smallish wrists to get the bottom truly tight (essential for suspension, so the cuffs don't slide much or at all) because of the way the padding is attached.

All in all, I have to recommend against these cuffs. A style like these (Warning: Bewbs) or these (Warning: Boobs, more boobs, and some pubes) might have been better, I think. (I chose these because they looked like a good design at first... where I've now been proven slightly wrong.)
thedude

Re: Cuffs for wrist suspension

Post by thedude »

Let's try this again.

Unsatisfied that my new $100+ cuffs weren't very worthwhile, I tried shifting the way they were positioned on my wrist and hand. It is possible to wear them such that the middle buckle is out of the way. Be careful of overtightening on the hand itself though (mid/upper straps). I ended up doing that, and it made my hand start to ache after about 30min. All in all though, not bad. All three buckles are locking, though if you're suspending both wrists apart from each other, the rigidity of the set makes these locks purely for show. You will NOT reach far enough to un-buckle one of these cuffs with the same hand (as if that weren't obvious). Likewise, you won't unlock the cuff from whatever it's bound to, as the D-ring is in the middle of the back of the hand. (If you are, in fact, that flexible, then please let us know, as I'm sure several members will want to see you about the possibility of a hand job.) :mrgreen: