Relatively (?) safe overnight bondage

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Relatively (?) safe overnight bondage

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

Yeah, another overnight bondage thread.

EVERYTHING HERE IS DANGEROUS, IF YOU TRY IT, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

My goal was to be chained strictly, so being as immobile as possible while having the following security requirements:

• The release mechanism must release me. It should not deliver a key that I have to use to get out, but I must be released without using my hands. Complete mobility. Not even opening a spring link.
• There must be an emergency exit in case of fire e.t.c.

While doing several experiments, I quickly realized that for an overnight session, I would have to start the session in a very tired condition (otherwise the bondage would keep me awake for many hours).
This led to additional security requirements:

• There must be a failsafe method, firing after a long time, and this failsafe method has to be set up completely several hours *before* the start and it should be really difficult to mess this release mechanism up when starting the session.
• In addition to this, as much as possible must be set up hours before the start – when I am very tired, I will not trust my judgment regarding what is safe in a long-time bondage position.

My solution is this:

These two chains are secured by two large (1 Gallon) ice locks. The ice will open the chains around the bed (in summer after approx. 12 hours, now they would need longer)

They are my fail safe method – they can be set up hours before going into bondage.

Then, four anchor shackles are attached to the chains (exactly where I want to place the ankle and writs cuffs) :

All this is done several hours before going into bondage.

Now, four (smaller) ice locks are placed, each of them fixing one cuff.

Here are the ankle positions:

There is a string fixed to the spring link, going through the anchor shackle and from there to a small ice lock (opening after approx. 7 hours).

The ice lock is there to give additional safety (I want complete mobility just by waiting; Furthermore, if something goes wrong with the wrist release, releasing the ankles means that I can move upwards, thereby getting some maneuvering ability (which should enable me to open the combination locks that secure the wrists).
On the other hand, the spring links make it easy to get into bondage AND give me a few extra seconds in case of an emergency exit.

Regarding the wrist release mechanism, it is basically the same as the ankle mechanism except that I use combination locks in the place for the spring links.

The green string in the picture leads to a pair of scissors (and the necessity to clean the carpet).
I placed a pair of scissors at both sides, so in case of an emergency I would use both hands to try to get a pair of scissors each and to cut the string fixing the combination lock to the ice lock.

To get into bondage, I put the cuffs on my ankles and wrists, then I first fixed the ankle cuffs to the spring links (easy), then my left wrist (still easy), then my right wrist (some struggeling necessary).

I ended up facing down. I started the session around 01:30 AM. I needed some time to get into sleep. By 05:30 AM, I woke up and was able to open the combination locks (all 4 ice locks were still closed) before going back to sleep.

I regard this setup as *relatively* safe. If I chain the wrist cuffs (in darkness and being tired) directly to the chain, the small ice locks won’t work, but the large ice locks will open the chains around the bed (I placed the appropriate tools to open a chain at both sides of the bed).

Potential risks:
• Messing up the fixation of the wrist cuffs (fixing them to the chain) AND an emergency (fire e.t.c.) – in that case, cutting the strings won’t help.
• Waking up with a medical emergency that makes it impossible to use the hands (blood circulation stopped e.t.c.).

I think that I minimize the risk of blood circulation problems by placing the cuffs on the ankles approx. 30 minutes before starting. In addition to this, I might use smaller ice locks for the cuffs – let’s say for 3 hours or so. Just enough to fall asleep.

Best regards,

The absolute beginner.
thedude

Re: Relatively (?) safe overnight bondage

Post by thedude »

I like it... it seems like you've put a lot of thought into it and kept the overall risk manageable while still having yourself mostly secure. The big danger in overnight bondage (from my admittedly limited experience, where I had supervision sleeping next to me) is cramping. In this case, I had her stretch me a bit further than I was used to, so I could hardly move. My arms started to complain about an hour later. When we rearranged it so that I was sleeping a bit less stretched (over a twin bed, rather than both twin mattresses side-by-side) I was able to last the whole night--faceup, facedown, didn't make a difference for me.

Well, face-up took a bit longer for me to get to sleep, I guess. I think it was the feeling that I could find my naughty bits being utilized at any moment that really flipped my switch.
AbsoluteBeginner

Re: Relatively (?) safe overnight bondage

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

Well, I wasn't that much strechted....when daylight appeared, I was able to open the combination locks (also it was very difficult to do so).

I am not that afraid regarding an emergency that occurs before falling asleep....what I really fear is an emergency occuring while I am asleep. Like cramping/blood circulation problems and waking up when they have become so bad that I would be unable to use my emergency release....

I guess that I will go for smaller ice locks. (So that I will be free "shortly" after falling asleep)

Apart from that, I am alone. I guess that a significant other/girlfriend/wife sleeping next to you is the best safety measure.

Best regards,

the absolute beginner.