Power Failure

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.

Has you're bondage scene been destroyed by a power failure?

yes
8%
no
92%

Total votes: 49

sexyashley

Power Failure

Post by sexyashley »

Before you start a bondage scene be sure to check the weather. If there are any storms or high winds in the forecast dont do it!! A power failure could destroy you're happy scene i have learned this first hand and my friend came over for a visit and found me tied up.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

The admins and moderators do not approve of any bondage scenario involving electricity.

However, I appreciate that even scenes that do not 'directly' involve electricity can be hampered (or, depending on how you look at it, enhanced) by a power failure, such as being thrown into pitch darkness while secured using combination locks, and left there all night until the sun rises again (you did bind yourself in a room with a window, right???).

I would have to say that is just plain unlucky if you end up in that sort of scenario and you should plan your scenarios better next time (eg ice release), hahaha

You have to excuse my rhetorical humour!

All the best,
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

yeah thats what i mean. Using a light as a release mechanism. If power goes out, u cant escape
Love Ashley
xoxo
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Yes like lamps on timers etc....

I think this was discussed before actually, be interesting to watch the poll though.

8)
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
slkdyk

Post by slkdyk »

Try to use electric and electronic locking devices that use power to hold the lock closed, not need power to open the lock. That way if there is a power failure the lock opens. I know it will be dissapointing being released early but beter than being locked up until the power comes back on.
Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, I was tied up at the moment....
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

slkdyk wrote:Try to use electric and electronic locking devices that use power to hold the lock closed, not need power to open the lock. That way if there is a power failure the lock opens. I know it will be dissapointing being released early but beter than being locked up until the power comes back on.
Well said.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I like to use elect timers and electro magnets, If the power fails the keys drop to my hands, since I do most of my bondage at night it makes unlocking the chains a little bit harder <<<grin>>
Cindy

If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

Thats a great idea guys!!! Never thought of that b4.

Love Ashley
xoxo
jake

Post by jake »

I use a light + combination lock mostly, and it hasn't failed yet. Also the sun will rise in about 6 hours, so even if there is a electricity failure somewhere along the line, the Sun will provide light in the morning, and also I have an emergency release of course.
chicken_minute

Post by chicken_minute »

The electromagnet system sounds interesting, does anyone know where to buy one and how to set it up? (I'm in the UK btw)
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

You know what scares me?
30 min ago I had carboard over my windows and I need
light to undo my bondage (i have to crawl across i floor
coverd with tacs (i stuck it underneth a thin layer of cardoard, so I could not shift it or puncture my skin but still get the punishment). I would get to the light
switch so I could turn on the light to see the lock to undo it.
puppydogbytes

Post by puppydogbytes »

chicken_minute wrote:The electromagnet system sounds interesting, does anyone know where to buy one and how to set it up?
You can buy an electromagnetic lock here but you can also often find them on ebay they cost about £65 but hold 250Kg so you can use it to secure yourself and not just the keys if you want to. You don't need the 'monitored' version just the magnet.

You'll also need a low voltage DC transformer set to 12v (£17), you may have one already but make sure it is 12v DC and rated at 1A (1000mA) or more.

Cut the small, low voltage plug (not the mains plug!) off the transformer and connect it to the lead from the magnet with a bit of connector block making sure you get the polarity (+ and - ) the right way around. Insulate the connection with some PVC tape.

Then plug the mains plug from the transformer into a timer like this one or this one or one from Homebase, B&Q etc. (most are about £10)

For safety I use 2 timers (one mechanical and one digital), one of them plugged into the other so that either one can break the current and release the lock, also if the power supply fails the lock releases.

These electromagnets will hold keys (if they're made of steel) without the need of anything else but they are actually designed to lock doors so you could use them to do just that, you can also fix a rope or chain to the steel plate that comes with the lock. If you do this (providing you’ve fixed the electromagnet securely) you will not be able to pull it away while the current is on even if you are very strong.

Do be careful not to position the electromagnet so the steel plate (if you use it) falls on to you when it releases because they're heavy! Floor level is probably favorite if you’re going to attach a chain/rope/yourself to the plate.

Test everything before you use it!

Note that I'm not responsible for anything you do or that happens to you if you choose to use a set-up like this.

If you are unsure about + and - you should probably not be trying this at all!
'In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics' - Homer Simpson
steelbound773

power failer

Post by steelbound773 »

I use a light timer but then I have a key held by a small electro magnet so if the power goes out Walla a key as for final safety I have a window not shaded a the top so there’s the sun. I can see the combination locks in fairly low light four of them so if one fails there are three more and I practice opening them with either hand. Sorry this is Redundant I guess I sould read the other postings first