Can anyone give me advice on electro-stimulation?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Untouchable

Can anyone give me advice on electro-stimulation?

Post by Untouchable »

I've been playing a bit with electro-stimulation and after losts of time not really sure I pretty suddenly started loving it and have decided I want to increase my electro-stimulation during self bondage.

No problem there but my Rimba electro-sex device only maintains power for 15 minutes before it cuts out (by design). Now I know that I shouldn't use such toys above my waist, and that's okay I just want to shock my arse and penis. Still, is there a limit to how long I can do this for?

Clearly I intend to build up slowly (first rule of self bondage), but can I aspire to 90 minute sessions where I'm shocked for the entire time?

Also can anyone recommend a good machine. I'm possibly looking at an ET-312, but perhaps there is someting cheaper which is just as good?

Any other advice or suggestions on electro-stimulation would be appreciated as I neither want to waste my money nor take any unnecessary risks.
lj

Post by lj »

can't advise on suitable machines, but a general comment.

Most TENS units use a timer because continued stimulation increasingly becomes ineffective as time goes on. The nerves become acclimatised to the stimulation, or simply become exhausted. That is why "modulation" is used in the medical context, the stimulation changes intensity on a cyclic basis over seconds/minutes, which stops or at least reduces acclimatisation.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve (pleasure or punishment) will determine your type of unit to some extent.

I experimented with a TENS unit and a random timer gadget I made (Controls a penis vibrator as well) the shock (surprise :shock: ) when the TENS cut in, even at low level, was distinctly uncomfortable, probably because the start was totally unexpected every time, whilst this level was pleasurable if continuous.
Jadit

Re: Can anyone give me advice on electro-stimulation?

Post by Jadit »

I came across this Shock Therapy product other day:
http://www.pipedreamcompanystore.com/sh ... =PD3723-00

I'm just bit worried that its advertising in the image to be used in both nipples. I've read that if current goes through the heart it can be deadly... I don't know if all the pads activate same time on these devices, but i guess it'd be wise to test them below the waist first.
lj

Post by lj »

the usual way E-stim units work is to have paired electrodes, so for this product it looks as though there are two pairs, judging by the way the wires run. In general, the two pairs are electrically isolated from each other, so in effect you have set A "+" and "-" and set B "+" and "-" pads but they are not linked together. This means, for example, that current won't flow between set A "+" and set B "-"pads.

When it comes to placing pads, it is usal to place them on either side of the area to be stimulated, so for nipple stimulation a pair would be placed either side of the one nipple.

Safety is a complex issue. The amount of current supplied by these gadgets is very small and you would have to do something very stupid to get a heart-stopping shock. Pads placed on the skin will inherently have a high resistance, which limits the current. Electricity will take the line of (literally) least resistance, so body fluids (sweat, blood, saliva etc) would provide a better conductive path than skin. So inserting electrodes will give more dramatic and potentially dangerous effects. Having said that, products like the Erostek do use insertable electrodes to very great effect, but this is a serious piece of kit designed for the job. TENS type units are pretty much safe anywhere on the body, personally I wouldn't stress over using one anywhere except the face and neck. I would as a matter of common sense not put one electrode centred on the heart on chest and back as this constitutes the greatest risk of current actually penetrating the body across the heart.

Where I get very nervous is when I see ideas for E-stim posted by guys who clearly have no knowledge of the subject.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
pr__

Post by pr__ »

Untouchable wrote: Clearly I intend to build up slowly (first rule of self bondage), but can I aspire to 90 minute sessions where I'm shocked for the entire time?

Also can anyone recommend a good machine. I'm possibly looking at an ET-312, but perhaps there is someting cheaper which is just as good?

Any other advice or suggestions on electro-stimulation would be appreciated as I neither want to waste my money nor take any unnecessary risks.
I've got a Sanitas SEM 40, these sell for ~20-40 quid .
The maximum adjustable time is 90 minutes. It has several massage programs, but you can program your own, too.
If you want to try things out, place the electrodes on your shin first, as there are no muscles to cramp and it gives you an idea what happens if you place them on more sensitive body parts.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

How about a lot of advice...
Try here:
http://www.smartstim.com/forum/index.php

A whole forum decated to the practice...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Leatherguy

Post by Leatherguy »

I have a Physiomed TPN200 TENS machine. http://www.physiomedhomecare.com/TPN-200-Plus.html. This is a good quality machine available for about £20 - £25 new. It is a two channel device that comes with self adhesive pads that last for scores of uses and can be revitalized by a little water. The power source is a PP3 battery and I use a rechargeable one.

There are three types of output. Modulation, Constant & Burst modes
• Variable pulse rate 2Hz-150Hz
• Variable pulse width 30µs-260µs.

The only change I made was to take two wooden clothes pegs (clothes pins) and drill a small hole in each of the jaws to take a brass drawing pin (thumb tack). I soldered wires to the pins and prepared the other ends to push into the leads from the TENs unit.

The best way of using the TENs I found to be to fit the modified clothes pegs to the red terminals and sticky pad s to the black. The cloths pins I clip to my nipples and the pads – one under my penis and the other to its head. The modulation is the best setting at maximum pulse rate and width. This can be very erotic and if the sticky pad is cut down a bit and stuck to the eye of the penis it can feel like a dry orgasm.

The usual TENs safety rules say connections never made between nipples – i.e. red to one and black to the other.

However, the following article disagrees that it is a risk under normal circumstances.

TENS is an acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. (Transcutaneous means through the skin - from the Greek).4

It is a low voltage penetrative unit. The unit generally uses a nine-volt battery (or alternate equivalent source) as the power. Because if this, I have heard people state that the violet want (which may drive upwards of 15000 volts) is more dangerous. But, this is untrue.
As we discussed earlier, the high frequency and exceptionally low current of the violet wand are not capable of penetrating the skin. Therefore the resultant electrical discharge from the device is equivalent to a static electrical (albeit continuous) shock. The tens unit on the other hand, takes this 9VDC charge and using electronics amplifies the output into a “step AC” (a dc voltage given frequency) and using capacitors, the voltage is boosted as well. This gives it the ability (through the low frequency [2 to 120 Hz – pulses per second] and higher than 9VDC) to penetrate beyond this tertiary layer of skin (your primary protection against electrical shock).
Now, please understand, a well functioning and properly utilized tens unit is safe. As mentioned, the voltage is boosted, a frequency is created, and it is capable of penetrating the skin into the nerves of the muscle; however, normally the voltage and frequency produced are less than potentially viable for passing through critical areas of the body (when used correctly). That is why we (who play with electricity) often hear about the inherent potential danger of placing the two electrodes in positions that would place the heart in between (such as across the chest’s pectoral muscles).
People do this (however) either for therapy or for fun. And, I can truly say that I have never seen any adverse effect in this (I do not, however, recommend it as you - my friend - may be the one I hear about).

http://www.bdsmdebunkingthemyths.com/electroplay.htm
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

@Leatherguy: was it really necessary to post exactly the same text twice in two threads?

Now if I were a really paranoid moderator, I would suspect you of spamming... especially since they're your two only posts :?

Can you clear that up for me, pretty please? :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
BigK

Post by BigK »

An additional caution to the matter of 2 channel stimulators - check the technical specification thoroughly to ensure that the two channels are electrically/electronically separated - within the device. Simply routing the leads as in the picture is not sufficient.

If they are not, or you are unsure - don't connect across the heart