Line tightener as additional emergency release

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Line tightener as additional emergency release

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

Hi!

I think that I found an interesting additional emergency release……a line tightener.

Before we continue, let me make one point clear:
This is an ADDITIONAL emergency release. It should not be used to REPLACE the classic emergency release (Key comes with urine/motor oil/used motor oil shower) but as an ADDITIONAL emergency release.

The principle is simply:

The white string is fixed by the line tightener. Pulling the green string (the one leading to the top of the picture) would open the line tightener, the white string is released and the emergency release has worked. The other green string leads to a bottle that is spilled over the carpet (the price for using the emergency exit). At the bottom, there is a ½ Gallon-icelock (a failsafe that should release me after less than 20 hours – if everything has gone wrong [except the heating of my apartment]).
The smaller chain is my standard exit (leading to a key in a frozen bottle).

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS AS THE ONLY EMERGENCY RELEASE!!!!!

The string can tangle up with the chain, the knot fixing it to the line tightener might accidentally get open, and by the way, what happens when the line tightener wears out? Will it just release the white string or will it block it forever?

But as an additional release mechanism, it has the advantage that it works within seconds (no need to grab a key to open a padlock…..).

Now, I would like to demonstrate an example how this can be used in a scenario:

Four chains had been locked around my bed. Each chain was secured with a ½ Gallon icelock wich will defreeze within 20 hours (at 64 Degree Fahrenheit).
It turned out that the first and third chain were completely ineffective – basically only the second chain (for the wrists) and the fourth one (for the ankles) were useful.

The smaller bottle would have released the key within 10-12 hours (at 64 Degree Fahrenheit).

My left hand would have been able to open the line tightener.

The smaller bottles holding the keys were secured with spring links so that I was unable to pull them into the bed and to speed up the key release.

This is to clarify how the ½ Gallon ice locks worked

The left wrist cuff…
The small padlock securing the cuff (preventing me from opening it) also secured the thin chain going to the key in the frozen bottle on the left side….

The right side. My second emergency release would have given me the keys (both for the large padlocks locking the cuffs to the chain as well as for the small ones preventing me from opening the cuffs. To get the keys, it would have been necessary to spill the bottle of orange juice over my carpet.
Furthermore, I placed another bottle of water with a frozen key to the right site.

In addition to this, both on the right and on the left site of the bed, I had placed pincers strong enough to cut the chains (I want as many options as possible).

Basically, I had several release mechanisms:
The two standard release had been my two smaller frozen bottles.
The failsafe release (releasing me with a very high likelyhood, also after a very long time) had been my ½ Gallon icelocks.
In case of an emergency (fire, intruder e.t.c.) my left hand would have pulled the string for the line tightener while the

Now, what happened was that I put all 6 icelocks out of my refrigerator on Friday, shortly after 5 PM. At 64 Degree Fahrenheit, this would have meant that the frozen bottles would have released my keys between 3 AM and 5AM on Saturday morning and that (in case that everything goes wrong) the larger icelocks would have released me before 1 PM on Saturday.

I planned to start the session around 10 PM. However, I had second thoughts. On the one hand, I doubted that I could get into bondage with my blanket covering me, on the other hand I wanted more security regarding the release…so I increaesed the heating to 74 Degree Fahrenheit.
The result was that I went into bondage around 10 PM and that the right bottle released the keys around 2 hours 20 minutes later.

After being uncuffed, I tried the emergency release via the tightener - it worked.

Best regards,
the Absolute Beginner
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

Quite a setup :)
Nice photos too. :D
I love the line tightener idea. I've been using them for years. Not quite the same way though. :wink:
AbsoluteBeginner

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

Well, the setup was to complex. The first and the third chain had been a complete waste of effort.

Regarding the tightener...how d0 you use them? As release method or as a help to get into bondage?
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

I use the tightener as a method of tightening the lines when getting into bondage. I use four of them when doing a spread eagle on the bed to tighten all the lines. The lines to the tighteners end in a loop which a padlock attaches to a leather cuff on wrists and ankles. Ice release of a key, or sunlight for combination lock provides the release.