Don't get carried away.

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
TieMeTighter

Don't get carried away.

Post by TieMeTighter »

A quick warning I thought I'd mention for your information.

I recently set up an excellent SB session which took a lot of time, equipment and preparation.

Basically a hogtie (face down on the bed), comprising latex hood, rubber gag (with shortened breathing tube), a leather collar joined to an elbow strap (behind me like a loose cinch), then a leather belt with professional handcuffs attached to a D-ring at the back of the belt, thick leather strap around my knees, steel legcuffs drawn up behind me tightly towards waist by a padlocked chain. All secured in position by 2 chains from a ring in the celing, one padlocked to the collar, one to the chain linking the belt and legcuffs.

I'd set up my electronic release as I've described on the Boundanna main site (Light > Electronic release), timer set for 45 minutes, digital camera on automatic time lapse at 1 minute intervals. The electronic release would drop the weighted string in an arc across the bed, the weight coming down to rest at the side of the bed, which I normally do.

Everything set, I got into scene. It was only when I did my last minute double check (pre-click of the last handcuff) I realised that so wonderful this bondage was, as my hands would be in handcuffs secured through the D-ring on the back of the belt with little play, and the chains from above limited my movement so wonderfully, I would NOT have been able to reach the arc of the string across the bed (due to the angle of the position I'd tied it to at it's fixed high point), nor would I have been able to wriggle to the edge of the bed, or reach it with a leg or a foot. Even my best efforts left me some 3 inches away from being able to reach where the string would fall. (Normally I don't use chains from above, but secure a chain to a ring set in the wall to allow me enough play to reach the edge of the bed).

Sadly I had to abandon my scenario and utilise self-discipline over my anticipated excitement, and NOT click that final handcuff locked. I gingerly pressed the double lock button on the cuffs (and tested) to prevent them from inadvertantly closing on me, posed for a few good pictures, after all, it seemed a pity to take nothing from the experience after going through so much preparation and nobody will notice that one handcuff isn't properly locked, then set about freeing what straps I could with one free hand and waited (somewhat deflated) for the keys to fall for total release.

Safety first as we always say, If I had locked that second cuff shut I may still have been there now!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

A pity that you had to abandon the scene like that, but as we preach every day, I think you made a good call there. Nice one!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator