Frozen Scissors

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Drarix

Frozen Scissors

Post by Drarix »

Hey i've been roaming forums and posts for a couple days now and i havent found a post or mention of this, i had the idea of freezing a set of scissors into an ice block using a bowl or tupperware, of course im gonna have an alternative release of another set ontop of a dresser in a cup with 2"s of red win and a string ran from the scissors down, I was just curious if anyone could think of anything going wrong with freezing the scissors, ive already timed it to be about 1hr45 min to release, anyone have a freak story of the scissors bending or not working or something due to ice? plz PM me or drop a reply with any thoughts
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I remember someone posting about just that (or was it on the main site?), or something to that effect, freezing a knife or scissors in a block of ice.

The scissors won't bend unless they're made of pure lead or aluminum or something like that. There is no real safety issue except for having the pointy end aimed at you if you decide to make them drop after thawing out of the ice.

An alternative would be to padlock the scissors and freeze the key:

http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_scisslock.html

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Drarix

hmm

Post by Drarix »

well i had planned on having em melting in a bowl on a table beside me within hands reach, thanks for the prompt reply =) as for the ones on the dresser above me i was thinkin ~as this is probably my first time ever enforcing a time~ if i was to pull them down and spill the cup im thinkin that if i get a poke in my leg it would be worth it for my freedom, that and i chose a rather blunt set, kinda neglected to mention that i guess, but thanks again, now im not so worried about getting em out and having the scissors twisted and havin to use the emergency release anyways
Drarix

Well..

Post by Drarix »

kk that went kinda shakey for a first attempt i think, safe though so that was a plus, A few things to note, ive gotta get better at tying myself up kept getting free, the scissors froze slower then last time so requires a bit more early prep then i had done, and thawed rather quick due to under freezing, and when i got them out of the ice, everyones worst fear, i dropped them trying to adjust the rope to a cuttable point, so i had to grab a string and spill some wine, non metaphorically of course... what a mess.. but i am alive and free so i cant complain too much,

Few things to note,
if you choose to tie yourself into a chair with the scissors frozen into an iceblock, have the scissors tied to the chair via a string so if they do free up and you drop them you can slowly fish em up between your finger tips worst case

Leave some slack, dont slipknot yourself its uncomfortable, and you might find yourself going through a great degree of discomfort playing houdini to get free just to re tie your bonds to preserve circulation,

and make sure you can somehow reach a rope to cut to free a limb
Untouchable

Post by Untouchable »

I'm always a little nervous about having my primary release that needs so much dexterity. Although I've never had serious difficulties escaping with scissors my hands have sometimes gone partially numb and I would be concerned that one time I could cut off the circulation entirely.

Also it can be difficult to get the full force on scissors if you are trying to cut string or laces on the wrist that is holding the scissors.

I always like at least one slow ice release. I know that if I'm inside the ice is going to melt. I use the idea of two chains in a babies drinking bottle. When the ice melts the chains will pull out of the water with almost no effort at all.

Mind you, I always have three releases in any self bondage. (1) my timed release with a mobile phone on vibrate (takes practise to get it perfect), (2) my slow ice release just in case (1) fails, (3) my immediate pull out release with a large can of bright orange paint.
Drarix

Good ideas,

Post by Drarix »

well as of yet since ive been using a chair ive been reaching across with the scissors to the other hand, the set i freeze in is a little bit shorter then the set in the wine, and i try to leave 1/2" or so of "slack" in the slipknot around my wrist on either side, and solidify the bond with a "tail" on my rope so to speak, so if i find i cant reach ive always got the option ~if stuck~ to stretch that little bit and tighten the bonds for the extra reach, while sofar this method has left me with nothing but practice at being houdinni ~i keep slipping out before the timelock without my other scissors~ still working on the reach of everything to get it just right
Drarix

Hmm

Post by Drarix »

Well upon some practice and time playin around with this ive determined it doesnt work worth a damn because the movement required to be able to reach the scissors or operate em, almost always allows one hand to reach the other, and if it doesnt, before the scissors truely melt free they can be slid free of the ice within 30 minutes, rather disgruntling, time to get some locks and chain