Alternate emergency release method: Airbed bondage

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
AbsoluteBeginner

Alternate emergency release method: Airbed bondage

Post by AbsoluteBeginner »

The Absolute beginner rides again....

Basic idea:
Chained to an airbed, the emergency release would be a knife to destroy the airbed.

For some time, I made experiments towards airbed bondage.

The ice locks at the side are both a fail safe release method AND, as they are connected to the chains with spring links, part pof my emergency exit plan (once the airbed is deflated, I should be able to reach the spring link and open it).

The emergency exit being a knife, with an universal padlock and chain opener just in range as soon as the airbed is deflated.

I made several mistakes. First, the knife was not in its holster. During setup, the airbed was damaged and after an hour or so it was deflated so that I could get free.

Another problem was that the spring link was to my left. So were the keys for the padlocks (lying on the floor). After reaching the sping link to my left and opening it, I could roll over to...the right side.

No problem in this situation as I was able (with a little struggling) to eventually get to the keys, but in an emergency situation this would not be acceptable.

The airbed was damaged, but I think that I could have repaired it. I decided against repairing it and - after refining the method - to give my emergency release method an real life test. (Also I had to spend $40 for a new airbed, as I need it to sleep on it - and for future bondage sessions).

The improvements where:
- I left the knife in its holster. This reduces the risk of an accidental leak into the airbed.
- Spring links on both sides. In the end, I decided to use my primitive ice locks on both sides. Better safe then sorry.

So, the new setup was this:

From the right cuff, a chain went to my emergency exit:

The knife is in its holster. The icelock holds only one chain, so it is extremely unlikely that it gets struck when the ice melts. A small spring link connects the chain from the icelock with the chain the goes over the airbed. A larger spring link connects the handhold with the chain that goes below the airbed. On the other side, it is the same story.

A closer look to the cuff displays that the thinner chain connected to the knife is connected to the cuff using the smaller padlock (that secures the cuff).

To the left was my standard release method (also I was quite sure that I would not need it) : A little chain going from the left cuff to the keys. However, they were in a glass of frozen water.

At this point, I opened all 4 padlocks, put on the the cuffs, locked them up with the smaller padlocks (thereby physically connecting me with my standard and emergency release methods) and after that, I pumped some additional air into the airbed.

Then, I placed myself on it, chained the cuffs to the airbed using the bigger airlocks and immediately started the emergency exit.

The time from holding the knife in my right hand, the knife still in the holster, until both spring links were open was less than 40 seconds. After that, I was mobile - still chained to the chain going over my bed, but as that chain was no longer connected to the icelocks....

I was very surprised how quick the airbed deflated.

With both hands relatively free, opening the cuffs with a pair of keys placed close to the bed was a matter of seconds.

This was a $40 experiment (as I would not have had to purchase a new airbed if I would just have repaired my old one in place for expending it in a real-life-emergency-exit-test), but I regard it as being "worth every cent".

I did not expect the airbed to deflate THAT quick. Therefore, I think that I have found my emergency exit for my long-term-goal of overnight-bondage.

At the same time, I will think twice before using the emergency exit - it destroys the airbed ($40 at the local walmart).

Now, here are some disadvantages/points to consider:
- I did the test in daylight - at night, I will be even more cautious using the knife
- I feel a little uncomfortable using a knife in an SB-scenario. And as long as I wear the cuffs, I am connected to that knife - so starting the move immediately after the chain is no longer connected to the ice locks may result in injury
- My goal would be at least another chain around the airbed, fixing my ankles, too. Idea would be to have ankle cuffs fixed to that chain via spring links. Maybe even a third chain, fixing a neck collar (againg, the collar would be attached to the chain using a spring link.)
However, with a little training, opening those three spring links - once the connection to the ice locks exists not longer - should be a matter of seconds.
- And one more word of caution: I am weigthing 280 lbs. This might have reduced the deflation time a little :oops:

Another interesting application would be to leave a damaged airbed - I mean a small damage, leading to deflation after 1+ hours or so - and use that deflation as a standard release method.....

Partly, that was discussed here:
http://forum.boundanna.net/forum/viewto ... inflatable

Best reagrds,
the absolute beginner

PS: I hope that the post is placed in the correct forum. My focus was on testing an alternate emergency release method, and I guess that this belongs to "Selfbondage safety".